Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was poor yesterday to be honest.

But we won 4-0. He got an assist and we move on to a bigger game in the week.

We have potentially 9 games left of Christian Eriksen in a Spurs shirt, so let's just back him until then and hope he can continue to provide us with goals or assists.

And no, regardless of his assist column, I don't think he's had a better season than Dele has for us. But that's a conversation for a different time.

I’ll have that conversation with you whenever your ready. Not a chance Alli has contributed any where near as much as Eriksen to our season (and I’m not as critical of Alli as some).

I’ll have that conversation with you whenever your ready. Not a chance Alli has contributed any where near as much as Eriksen to our season (and I’m not as critical of Alli as some).

But Sissoko hasn't "contributed" anywhere near as much and he's been better than Eriksen this season...

The discussion moved on ten fold my friend

I'll jump out here, with the absolute conclusion to what Im saying:

You can play shit and assist.

You can play well and assist.

You can play well and not assist.

That assist says nothing about how you played over 90 minutes though, whether you did it for 50 games in a row, or 10, or 2.

Disagree all you want

See, again, you say shit like this but then spend three months telling us Eriksen’s “shit” because he had one less assist than Ryan Fraser.

You’re a fucking parody of yourself.

See, again, you say shit like this but then spend three months telling us Eriksen’s “shit” because he had one less assist than Ryan Fraser.

You’re a fucking parody of yourself.
No I said he was playing shit.

You said his stats proved otherwise.

I said his stats mirrored Ryan Frasers.
Therefore if YOU think only stats matter then YOU must feel Ryan Fraser is equally good.

Nice try though

Ryan Fraser's stats are - indeed - impressive because Callum Wilson couldn't stop scoring in the first half of the season, he is obviously not even 20 percent of the player Eriksen is, he is a midtable winger.

Ryan Fraser's stats are - indeed - impressive because Callum Wilson couldn't stop scoring in the first half of the season, he is obviously not even 20 percent of the player Eriksen is, he is a midtable winger.

Ryan Frasers stats are proof that assists/goals are pretty much a shit metric to judge a player by.

D3VLyPZWAAAa4dg

As you can see by this. Ryan Fraser is.... well, shit...

Which perfectly backs up the fact that stats on paper mean very little.
Because according to the theory that “stats prove quality of performance” they must be almost par as players

No I said he was playing shit.

You said his stats proved otherwise.

I said his stats mirrored Ryan Frasers.
Therefore if YOU think only stats matter then YOU must feel Ryan Fraser is equally good.

Nice try though

How could I say that when he went through a slump in goals and assists. And this was when you started calling him “shit” and I was arguing that he wasn’t, that he was still trying to do intelligent things, moving intelligently, seeing as much ball, creating more chances than anyone, but we just weren’t functioning well as a team, losing other intelligent players (like Kane and Alli - Son at another tournament etc), and sometimes someone not converting a chance he creates isn’t always his fault either.

And also, a lot of the time he was being used as an 8 in a deeper role, with a slightly different remit.

The only stats I used were to give that context, to show that he’s still seeing a shitload of the ball, still our most prolific chance creator (key passer) etc.

But you just maintained he was shit.

Ryan Frasers stats are proof that assists/goals are pretty much a shit metric to judge a player by.

D3VLyPZWAAAa4dg

As you can see by this. Ryan Fraser is.... well, shit...

No they don’t, because he clearly isn’t shit. They prove he’s good at some stuff, not good at others.

But if you put his radar next to Eriksen’s you see why Most of us realise Eriksen is far more valuable and contributes far more overall to a team.

No they don’t, because he clearly isn’t shit. They prove he’s good at some stuff, not good at others.

But if you put his radar next to Eriksen’s you see why Most of us realise Eriksen is far more valuable and contributes far more overall to a team.
Funny because you were all about Eriksen being the most productive player in Europe.....then when his production ceased it was all about the kilometers ran and “pressure events”.....now its his overall contribution and Ryan Fraser is actually very good all of a sudden

Back
Top Bottom