Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't believe this supposed turning down of 110k a week-whats the source on that because I think that has to be bullshit its so derisory in comparison to our other top boys.
I think he would be brilliant for barca in the right position but would he be guaranteed a starting position? I'm not so sure tbh.
That Maddison story is a load of bollocks as well imho-no way would we replace a WC player with him.

Well, now there are signs that he may go. Even old team mate Andros Townsend said that he has made his mind up to leave and if that's true, even a fat salary increase to 200K may not make any difference.

It will be interesting to watch his performance v Leceister tomorrow and how big a shift he puts in.

Wasn't Andros....

I don’t really think his form has dipped. He’s just created such high standards for himself, if he just has an ok game it becomes a “poor game”.

He had a “meh” first half against Newcastle, but then came out and was superb second half, made 6 key passes, set up a sitter that was missed by Llorente, played a lovely through ball for Trippier etc.

I think that’s the biggest reason his numbers (goals assists) have dipped recently is he’s playing midfield most games now and our other main creatives have been missing - Kane, Alli, Son and Sissoko and Moura create fuck all for anyone.

Generally he’s still seeing shitloads of ball in games and trying to create stuff.His “poor” days are still a fuckload better than others “good” days in terms of influence on how we play.

the problem is finding a ready made replacement who is at the same level as Eriksen is tough. There are so few around
We won’t get a player on the same level as Eriksen simply because we don’t have the financial strength and the reputation to attract these players. We can only hope for a brilliant scouting choice that will grow into possibly a better player than Eriksen imo.

We won’t get a player on the same level as Eriksen simply because we don’t have the financial strength and reputation to attract these players. We can only hope for a brilliant scouting choice that will grow into possibly a better player than Eriksen imo.

Or add to parts of the squad that actually need strengthening, which in turn make us stronger.

We could start by offering him the kind of wages his talent deserves in the current market. We could also show the player our intent by adding a top player every once in a while.....
Maybe he'd be less tempted to uproot himself and look for glory somewhere else.

Or..we could act like a small club, offer him around half what he could conceivably demand elsewhere, go 18 months without investing a single dime in the football team, and cash in while he still has a year left on his contract.

It would be interesting to know what you think we should pay him and the rest of the squad?

1-25 what should Levy be paying them?

O admit £110k does seem low for someone of his ability, but what should we be paying him?

If the £110k is a basic with bonuses, say 50% win bonus, £10k per goal and assist, then surely that would be decent?

Isn't one of the main reasons he's performing differently recently due to playing further away from goal now than in the past?
So if the issue is he doesn't score as many goals, couldn't this be a main reason?

I still believe that a title on the shelf is what could make him sign a new contract, and since that's unlikely this season it'll probably be sell or run down his Contract.
While Real could be an interesting place for him to go, Real tend to have periodes where players "slack off" compared to them at their best where they're a top 5 team of the world.
In a way I could also see Eriksen end up in clubs such as Atletico Madrid, Sevilla or Napoli. Atletico due to being a consistantly good at running around the field, Sevilla for the chance of Copa del Rey or Europa League, Napoli for being one of the stronger clubs in Italy.

Though he might end up at one of the following: Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern or If he want to try to awaken a giant something like a Milan or Inter. Just hopeing he won't end up in one of the outside game money clubs.

Isn't one of the main reasons he's performing differently recently due to playing further away from goal now than in the past?
So if the issue is he doesn't score as many goals, couldn't this be a main reason?

I still believe that a title on the shelf is what could make him sign a new contract, and since that's unlikely this season it'll probably be sell or run down his Contract.
While Real could be an interesting place for him to go, Real tend to have periodes where players "slack off" compared to them at their best where they're a top 5 team of the world.
In a way I could also see Eriksen end up in clubs such as Atletico Madrid, Sevilla or Napoli. Atletico due to being a consistantly good at running around the field, Sevilla for the chance of Copa del Rey or Europa League, Napoli for being one of the stronger clubs in Italy.

Though he might end up at one of the following: Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern or If he want to try to awaken a giant something like a Milan or Inter. Just hopeing he won't end up in one of the outside game money clubs.

If Eriksen ends up at Atletico, Sevilla, Napoli, Milan or Inter I will eat my entire hat collection.

I think, when on form, he's our most influential midfielder and in big matches he does rise to the occasion, I bet he'll be back to his best against Dortmund.

However I don't think that he is attractive to a top level team purely for the fact he just isn't quite consistent enough. Which is probably why we got him from Ajax not Barca or Juve. He is a better player now but he still has periods of good and bad form and that means at the highest level you can't build a team around him.

I think he will either stay with us or move to a team that could accommodate his form, he'd be ideal for City where they could play him when on form but have the depth to drop him when it dips.

I still want him to stay but we know that there's two sides to his game, he can make something magic or dissappear in to the game.

Thinking about it this way, if you were in control of the club, would you make him your top earning player?

Your argument falls somewhat flat on its face, as the highlighted is a tad uninformed.

It's well documented that he turned more established clubs to join Ajax, and likewise to join us. He's always made choices based on what he perceives will be best for his career and/or make him happier over money and/or prestige.

Which should give us a degree of hope. There's every chance that he's not holding out because of money, or at least not only because of it, but rather due to wanting to be absolutely sure before committing his prime years, be it here or elsewhere, that he's making the right choice. That being imo both given it this season to see where we're heading, and to have the best assestment of whether he'd actually be key at Barca/Real.

Christian Eriksen: I turned down persistent Man City ahead of Tottenham move

https://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/p...414112/eriksen-why-i-turned-down-chelsea-move

He signs by June or we spend the rest of the summer bartering with a Spanish club, sell him with 2 days left of the window and use the money to sign players plying their trades as FC Twente, Steaua Bucharest & Toulouse you mean? :troll:
p37YeVT4pszp3bjCpXWA1OuhqbI=.gif

Back
Top Bottom