Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£8.4m loan deal
According to Polish outlet Sport.pl, the Milan striker has been in contact with Tottenham boss Mourinho, holding a video chat with the Portuguese coach on Monday morning.

The report claims that a transfer to Spurs is still possible, with Weszlo reporting that the Lilywhites have offered a loan deal worth around £8.4 million.

It is also reported that Milan expect other offers for the striker, with it being claimed that a final fee of around £25.3 million could be reahced for a permanent deal.

Goodbye Christian. You and Erik are the last of the Bale money. I think you did well for us. You scored some marvelous set pieces and really had some wonderful moments. I'd still rather hang with Sandro than you, but don't take it personal. You just were never that, how do I put it, "fun." I wish things ended a little differently but I get it. I hope you prosper in Italy. Bon chance. :dierpochhug:

Goodbye Christian. You and Erik are the last of the Bale money. I think you did well for us. You scored some marvelous set pieces and really had some wonderful moments. I'd still rather hang with Sandro than you, but don't take it personal. You just were never that, how do I put it, "fun." I wish things ended a little differently but I get it. I hope you prosper in Italy. Bon chance. :dierpochhug:
And if you lean back a little bit you will beat the first man on corners.

No....He never got injured so he has not had the excuse for any drop in form that those players had...

Registered really just to reply to this. He's almost never been injured, but that's also meant he's played pretty much every single game and got no rest whatsoever, coming straight from the world cup not making that easier.

Even so, I'd say his dip in form didn't really start until Dembele was out of the picture. He was the man to draw opposition players to him, creating space for Eriksen to do his magic. Dembele was finally replaced with his (more or less) namesake, but he's been injured most of the time, and has had to get used to the intensity of the premiership anyway. Before that, Sissoko did his best to fill those shoes, but could never do it fully (even though I regard him as player of the season last season).

Eriksen has also never been one to go hard into tackles, but I've seen him do it a couple of times this season. One of his last games as a sub, he even won two balls, starting attacks and running his ass off. Honestly, I get that people are dissappointed with his performance, but I really don't think it's from a lack of trying. It's impossible to play at the same high level, when for whatever reason, you've decided you need a new challenge. His mind was gone, that's only human. But he still tried.

Just to finish.. I'm Danish and started following Spurs when Eriksen joined. Since then I've fallen in love with the club though, and wont stop following cause of his leaving. Even if I am sad it had to end this way, it's undignified and a shame. And I'm definitely also annoyed he said he'd sign another contract, if real or Barca didn't come. I had certainly hoped he'd stayed and become a true legend. Anyway I hope people will remember him for his golden days. I know I'll never forget that assist vs Chelsea for one.

COYS

These jokes about his hair are too cruel...

Kick a man when he’s down but never mention his receeding hairline!

I'm as bald as Levy and I think it's hilarious. Conte should have had the treatment before he looked like the Hamlet Cigar guy. I'm sure Eriksen played better football with more hair. Maybe he was too shy to turn up for games with patches showing through.

Registered really just to reply to this. He's almost never been injured, but that's also meant he's played pretty much every single game and got no rest whatsoever, coming straight from the world cup not making that easier.

Even so, I'd say his dip in form didn't really start until Dembele was out of the picture. He was the man to draw opposition players to him, creating space for Eriksen to do his magic. Dembele was finally replaced with his (more or less) namesake, but he's been injured most of the time, and has had to get used to the intensity of the premiership anyway. Before that, Sissoko did his best to fill those shoes, but could never do it fully (even though I regard him as player of the season last season).

Eriksen has also never been one to go hard into tackles, but I've seen him do it a couple of times this season. One of his last games as a sub, he even won two balls, starting attacks and running his ass off. Honestly, I get that people are dissappointed with his performance, but I really don't think it's from a lack of trying. It's impossible to play at the same high level, when for whatever reason, you've decided you need a new challenge. His mind was gone, that's only human. But he still tried.

Just to finish.. I'm Danish and started following Spurs when Eriksen joined. Since then I've fallen in love with the club though, and wont stop following cause of his leaving. Even if I am sad it had to end this way, it's undignified and a shame. And I'm definitely also annoyed he said he'd sign another contract, if real or Barca didn't come. I had certainly hoped he'd stayed and become a true legend. Anyway I hope people will remember him for his golden days. I know I'll never forget that assist vs Chelsea for one.

COYS
Welcome to the forum mate, glad I got you off your arse...I feel you could have listed a few more excuses... Maybe we didn't serve Danish bacon in the club canteen...

Back
Top Bottom