Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was thinking exactly the same. His ego has took a massive bruising when he stuck the 'For Sale' sign on his head and nobody came calling. He never imagined for one minute he would still be here, assuming RM or Barca would be fighting to sign him up. He just doesn't make that 'superstar' rating as far as they are concerned and announcing him as a major signing would have had either set of fans muttering "Who ?". So basically he's sulking and what's worse is he's taking it out on the hand that fed him....Tottenham Hotspur.
Such a shame he will now leave a bitter taste in our mouths rather than us paying thanks and wishing him well for the future.

I'll remember him as someone we can slap up on tweets to mock Coutinho, Mata and Ozil on stats.

Little else, tbh. Pretty "meh".

He played well for Denmark against Switzerland and it was his superb pass that led to the goal. Let's hope he does go January and this thread can slowly melt away.

Odd. I thought he was really poor, and post match reviews on both radio and TV correctly criticised his attitude in particular.

Denmark was very lucky, the swiss deserved the win

He played well for Denmark against Switzerland and it was his superb pass that led to the goal. Let's hope he does go January and this thread can slowly melt away.

Actually, he didn't play well. His performance was abysmal - except for that one pass that blew a giant hole in the Swiss cheese and which is the kind of pass that only he is capable of. That's why you don't bench him.

Actually, he didn't play well. His performance was abysmal - except for that one pass that blew a giant hole in the Swiss cheese and which is the kind of pass that only he is capable of. That's why you don't bench him.
We will agree to disagree then. :thumbup: I wouldn't pick anybody waiting for just one great pass from them every ten games.

As repeated elsewhere, I wholly agree.

He should be nowhere near the team. Actually nowhere near the entire squad. None of the squads.
Doing shuttle runs in the far end pitch next to the janitors shed or whatever. Lifting weights alone long after first, reserve and dev squads have left for the day. Alone, with a PT.

And it shouldn't be a punishment either. Just another factor when negotiating his future. Either you sign a new contract, leave to a club of our choice or spend the next 12 months playing no competitive football whatsoever.

Spot on mate

Im fed up with this pantomime now

Do you think playing him is beneficial to the team morale?

I wouldn’t even have him on the bench

At the moment, there seems to be no morale whatsoever - Eriksen or no Eriksen. Stories have been circulated in the press that the players are more than fed up with Poch's supposedly one-dimensional training regime. I have no idea if this is true, but to pin it all on Eriksen is a wild mishit.

At the moment, there seems to be no morale whatsoever - Eriksen or no Eriksen. Stories have been circulated in the press that the players are more than fed up with Poch's supposedly one-dimensional training regime. I have no idea if this is true, but to pin it all on Eriksen is a wild mishit.

That’s not what I asked and I’ve never said that I’m pinning our current malaise on CE but banishing him totally from the team might help and Poch should realise this

That’s not what I asked and I’ve never said that I’m pinning our current malaise on CE but banishing him totally from the team might help and Poch should realise this

What should it help? The whole thing is unravelling and we need a new start with a new manager.

Spot on mate

Im fed up with this pantomime now
It's every day now innit...?
Bayern this morning....
Real Madrid/Man Utd every other day...
He's gone, just where to...?
I wouldn’t even have him on the bench
I'd have an N17 5 mile restraining order on him...
CIearly doesn't wanna be here, and unfortunately, like a few other 'wantaway' players in the past, (not all, but plenty!) he's clearly letting it affect his performance, which has dipped dramatically... you could say the same for Rose, Jan and Toby... albeit to a lesser extent.

I'd SERIOUSLY rather an 18 year old rookie who makes a few HONEST mistakes, but WANTS to be here... than someone of Eriksen's undoubted ability... but who clearly doesn't give a shit anymore!

Berba, Modric and Bale have ALL been here before, but with varying degrees of 'didn't give a shitness' ...it's always the same, they'll leave, no matter what...
The only defining difference is how they conduct themselves and perform in their final few months at the club, which directly dictates how they will be received at Harry Kane's testimonial in a few years' time!!

Bayern this morning....

CIearly doesn't wanna be here, and unfortunately, like a few other 'wantaway' players in the past, (not all, but plenty!) he's clearly letting it affect his performance, which has dipped dramatically... you could say the same for Rose, Jan and Toby... albeit to a lesser extent.

I'd SERIOUSLY rather an 18 year old rookie who makes a few HONEST mistakes, but WANTS to be here... than someone of Eriksen's undoubted ability... but who clearly doesn't give a shit anymore!

Berba, Modric and Bale have ALL been here before, but with varying degrees of 'didn't give a shitness' ...it's always the same, they'll leave, no matter what...
The only defining difference is how they conduct themselves and perform in their final few months at the club, which directly dictates how they will be received at Harry Kane's testimonial in a few years' time!!
[/
Bayern this morning....

Totally agree. He has done nothing for Spurs this season. We have been playing with ten men.

If Pochettino picks him against Watford I think it will say a lot about the character of Our manager. Time to take a stand. Anyone defending Eriksen needs to remember that he nearly cost Spurs a CL semi final, was non existent against Ajax and may as well not have been on the pitch in the final itself so him underperforming is nothing new- and I don’t care about the reason contract or otherwise

Our team had a chance to write history against Liverpool and shut opposition fans up the world over- and he didn’t turn up. (Not just him I know).
Enough is enough

Did not see the Denmark match but accept he did not play well. Therefore he is playing poorly and not just not trying. The fact the team are playing badly whether he plays or not does not help. It maybe Poch or the players are getting at him in the same way many on here are. Whether he goes on Social Media or not people he knows will and he will be aware of what is being said. He does not seem a very strong personality and therefore is more affected by what people are saying about him. Poch needs to speak to him and the question that Poch needs to decide on is the team better without him. Until lo celso is up and running capable of playing well for 90 mins twice a week then we need him. Poch maybe the problem the way he is treating him. Dropping him from the team,, is fair enough but not the squad at present.
Rose and Aurier are also playing poorly as are Vertonghen anD Toby but the squad will be very inexperienced if all are dropped.

Did not see the Denmark match but accept he did not play well. Therefore he is playing poorly and not just not trying. The fact the team are playing badly whether he plays or not does not help. It maybe Poch or the players are getting at him in the same way many on here are. Whether he goes on Social Media or not people he knows will and he will be aware of what is being said. He does not seem a very strong personality and therefore is more affected by what people are saying about him. Poch needs to speak to him and the question that Poch needs to decide on is the team better without him. Until lo celso is up and running capable of playing well for 90 mins twice a week then we need him. Poch maybe the problem the way he is treating him. Dropping him from the team,, is fair enough but not the squad at present.
Rose and Aurier are also playing poorly as are Vertonghen anD Toby but the squad will be very inexperienced if all are dropped.

Maybe but at least some of the kids will put in an effort and be proud to wear our shirt

The last few games have been embarrassing

Maybe but at least some of the kids will put in an effort and be proud to wear our shirt

The last few games have been embarrassing
[/Q
Agree the last few games have been a disgrace but depends which kids you are talking about KWP, Foyth and Skipp who are already part of the squad could be given more time but not bringing in anyone else at a time of crisis.

Back
Top Bottom