Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope those fans of ours desperate for him to stay never have their partner tell them they want to find someone else but they're going to stay if they can't.

"Oh please stay, I can be better, please! You are amazing, nobody will ever be able to replace you!"

Jesus christ, this bloke is making a fucking fool of us. He's fondling himself publicly for what he perceives to be a bigger club just at a period where Spurs are trying to break into the elite. Let's have some dignity and not play him again all season if that's what he really wants. Just goes to show how small time some of our fans think we are as a club, where we're basically begging a player that isn't even the best in our current squad not to leave. We were a lot more dignified when Modric, Berbatov and Bale fucked off and they were actually a different class to the rest of our squad.

It's fucking stupid to drop him due to off the field affairs.

Twice we bench him at home. Twice we bring him on in desperation at 1-0 down. What kind of message is that supposed to send...

"You don't want to stay. Cool, you can sit on the bench today"

One hour later

"Save us Christian"

Agree in the main, but if we are preparing for life without him and the contract situation has seen him benched, then don’t even bring him on in my opinion.

Rebuild the fucking midfield. If there is a chance he leaves today or tomorrow......then what?

Toilet management

I hope those fans of ours desperate for him to stay never have their partner tell them they want to find someone else but they're going to stay if they can't.

"Oh please stay, I can be better, please! You are amazing, nobody will ever be able to replace you!"

Jesus christ, this bloke is making a fucking fool of us. He's fondling himself publicly for what he perceives to be a bigger club just at a period where Spurs are trying to break into the elite. Let's have some dignity and not play him again all season if that's what he really wants. Just goes to show how small time some of our fans think we are as a club, where we're basically begging a player that isn't even the best in our current squad not to leave. We were a lot more dignified when Modric, Berbatov and Bale fucked off and they were actually a different class to the rest of our squad.

Huh? Who is begging him to stay? You’ve created a straw man. I think the general opinion is that it would be great if he signed a new contract but it doesn’t look like he’s going to. And it would be great if we could sell him but it doesn’t look like the teams he wants to play for are coming in with a bid. So by default he finishes off his contact with us. He makes our team better so if he trains hard and plays hard, he should keep playing. It was obviously a mistake to sit him against Villa and Newcastle.

The real problem seems to be there’s no concrete interest in for him.. I fully expect next Monday to pass with a whimper and Chris is still here

A fucking job is not the same as your wife. The comparison is stupid beyond belief.

Why is it that them dumb dumbs up the road can navigate the Ramsey situation ok and he leave on a free without the whole club imploding but we have this guy as the main reason that we are currently a cluster fuck.

Drop him from the first team squad, never play him again. Except the chronic problem is that you need to then do the same with Jan and Toby.

It’s utterly ridiculous where this club is heading.

Has there ever been concrete interest from Barca or Real for him?

If not, then he can wish for it all he wants but it’s not gonna happen and he’ll end up disrupting the squad and his own performances before ending up at a club that is a step down from us.

Why is it that them dumb dumbs up the road can navigate the Ramsey situation ok and he leave on a free without the whole club imploding but we have this guy as the main reason that we are currently a cluster fuck.

Drop him from the first team squad, never play him again. Except the chronic problem is that you need to then do the same with Jan and Toby.

It’s utterly ridiculous where this club is heading.

This club? I think football.

Ramsey earns £400k. A week. We are offering Eriksen £200k. A week.

It’s fucking nuts. And I’m at a point where I don’t actually give a shit anymore.

Whatever happens happens. Reality is it won’t affect me that much. I’m done with paying through the nose to watch a load of guys play for mega money every other week.

But I wouldn’t hold up City, United, Woolwich as clubs I would want us to copy.

And Liverpool. Think they have invested well and redone their stadium at a minimal cost.

But still wouldn’t want to be them either.

Football is fucked either way. All about the £s for players and owners.

Who would be a manager? Poch has 3 world class players all due to leave next summer. Employed / paid fortunes by the club now but 2 clearly looking elsewhere. He can’t win.

Sorry but the girlfriend analogy doesn't really work for me.

The reason he is spurning us is he feels he's been lowballed by Levy in terms of wages for so long, I suspect this is also why some of the others are refusing to sign contracts as well.

If he was refusing to train or just strolling around the pitch then I'd agree with you that he should be dropped.

But for me he seems like he is acting professionally and changed the game against Villa and was pulling the strings when he came on again against Newcastle.

If we had somebody to replace his creativity then we might have the luxury of dropping him, but we don't, Poch himself said its going to take a good few months for Lo Celso to even get up to speed, that's if he is even good enough to lace Eriksens boots, which we just don't know yet.

I'd rather we play our strongest possible team and win matches rather than cutting of our nose to spite our face

If he stays Poch needs to make him part of the plans for this season while balancing the future. Should be fun!

More rotation is what I imagine will happen with Christian not starting every game like he has the past 5 years under Poch.

the guy can leave if he wants, as long as he doesn't do a cumball I don't care. He's earned our respect and played non stop last season. We got him for 8mill or something, I'd prefer him to stay, but I can deal with it. I can maybe recall 2 or 3 times he's successfully tackled someone, and theres the numerous awful set pieces - however there is no denying he's been one of our most important players.
Poch should make sure he plays his bit while he is here, and I think Erikesen is committed enough to do that,

The reason he is spurning us is he feels he's been lowballed by Levy in terms of wages for so long, I suspect this is also why some of the others are refusing to sign contracts as well.

If he was refusing to train or just strolling around the pitch then I'd agree with you that he should be dropped.

But for me he seems like he is acting professionally and changed the game against Villa and was pulling the strings when he came on again against Newcastle.

If we had somebody to replace his creativity then we might have the luxury of dropping him, but we don't, Poch himself said its going to take a good few months for Lo Celso to even get up to speed, that's if he is even good enough to lace Eriksens boots, which we just don't know yet.

I'd rather we play our strongest possible team and win matches rather than cutting of our nose to spite our face
Yeah spot on, something is going on with the salary conversations that is upsetting the players, no other club has so many top players not signing or disappearing out of the squad (Jan, Eriksen, Trips, Toby, Rose etc). Luckily they are mostly good lads and will put a shift in when called upon so just play them rather than pretend we have adequate cover.

Despite his "I want a new challenge" and "it's not about money" stance?

Improved contracts have been sat gathering dust for him & Toby for more than a year.

Speculate if you must.... But don't ignore the facts and evidence of the matter; you'll just reek of bias otherwise...

Here's the thing about this whole situation. If he is still here after Sunday and he decides not to sign the extension, then he's basically unplayable. Can we count on him to give 100% or will he play at half speed so he doesn't risk getting hurt? I don't think he can be trusted if he doesn't commit.

Eriksen has turned down contract offers for about 2 if not 3 years now.

This summer offers of up to £200k PW (£10m pa) if rumours are correct. Very few players earn this kind of money - and even fewer clubs can offer or pay those kind of wages.

Certainly not low balling at anything over say £120k pa.

Here's the thing about this whole situation. If he is still here after Sunday and he decides not to sign the extension, then he's basically unplayable. Can we count on him to give 100% or will he play at half speed so he doesn't risk getting hurt? I don't think he can be trusted if he doesn't commit.

...And that's the real underlying shit sandwich of it all.

For examples sake; just imagine the match-threads on here any time he was less than stellar.... :avbshit:

And yet for some reason nobody holds this opinion of Toby who is in the exact same situation.

He’s absolutely playable on the last year of his contract as long as he trains and plays as hard as he always has.

Unfortunately as Airfixx points out, all the melts will go into full melt mode any game where he’s not good eg the Man City game.

But Poch can’t let melts stop him from doing what’s right for the team.

Eriksen has turned down contract offers for about 2 if not 3 years now.

This summer offers of up to £200k PW (£10m pa) if rumours are correct. Very few players earn this kind of money - and even fewer clubs can offer or pay those kind of wages.

Certainly not low balling at anything over say £120k pa.
The real kicker will be when he accepts 125k a week to play at RM or Juve next season...

Back
Top Bottom