Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is not stupid, stay another 12 months and play it safe to avoid any injuries, get a huge signing on fee plus triple his wages as the new club won't have to pay any transfer fee..Levy got owned by Eriksen.

He is not stupid, stay another 12 months and play it safe to avoid any injuries, get a huge signing on fee plus triple his wages as the new club won't have to pay any transfer fee..Levy got owned by Eriksen.

People are in for a shock when they realise that this is the case.
And not just Levy.....seems like Poch miscalculated in being able to get Eriksen to sign.

Should have been sold last January in all honesty, we might have won something

play it safe to avoid any injuries

He's playing a risky game. Poch could easily decide to drop him, Eriksen then sees very little football and the world forgets about him. Football is very fast moving with very short memories. Even if he does get game time and plays well, the two clubs he wants to go to have their pick of any player in the world; one bad season and his move to Madird/Barca could easily vanish.

He's playing a risky game. Poch could easily decide to drop him, Eriksen then sees very little football and the world forgets about him. Football is very fast moving with very short memories. Even if he does get game time and plays well, the two clubs he wants to go to have their pick of any player in the world; one bad season and his move to Madird/Barca could easily vanish.

Eriksen has a few concerns. As you stated above, plus the Euros and the very damaging impact of fans giving him short shrift.

It's getting close to Eriksen being seen as the poorly playing, non committed wantaway star, in pursuit of even more money than the huge sum he is probably being offered anyway.

Were he to ultimately leave for an objectively 'lesser' club he would look a fool.

Eriksen has a few concerns. As you stated above, plus the Euros and the very damaging impact of fans giving him short shrift.

It's getting close to Eriksen being seen as the poorly playing, non committed wantaway star, in pursuit of even more money than the huge sum he is probably being offered anyway.

Were he to ultimately leave for an objectively 'lesser' club he would look a fool.
If the rumours are true (and I emphasise...rumours) then by announcing his desire to leave the club he probably opened a hundred doors....by limiting himself to where he wanted to go he shut 97. Silly move.

If the rumours are true (and I emphasise...rumours) then by announcing his desire to leave the club he probably opened a hundred doors....by limiting himself to where he wanted to go he shut 97. Silly move.
He was never going to the likes of Dortmund and Atletico anyway, he would only leave Spurs if he can go to an absolute elite club like Barca, Real or perhaps Juve and even Juve wouldn't really excite him. It's not about the money for him either.

His public comments still baffle me.
Basically I want a change but only if it’s one of a couple of clubs. If they don’t want me I will stay where I am because it’s not that bad here.
I think the interview was given in Danish, so I don’t know how much of it got lost in translation (if any) but I can totally understand any fan feeling a bit prickly about what was reported, particularly after his woeful showing in the biggest game of his career and the biggest game of my life as a fan.
I thought he was dreadful in that game and the best players perform on the biggest stages.
If he’s off on a free, phase him out slowly as we integrate Lo Celso and by Xmas he can be the forgotten man. If he’s made his bed (& it’s rumours when all said and done, but pretty persistent ones for months now) he can go lie in it. There was life before Eriksen. There will be life after him

His public comments still baffle me.
Basically I want a change but only if it’s one of a couple of clubs. If they don’t want me I will stay where I am because it’s not that bad here.
I think the interview was given in Danish, so I don’t know how much of it got lost in translation (if any) but I can totally understand any fan feeling a bit prickly about what was reported, particularly after his woeful showing in the biggest game of his career and the biggest game of my life as a fan.
I thought he was dreadful in that game and the best players perform on the biggest stages.
If he’s off on a free, phase him out slowly as we integrate Lo Celso and by Xmas he can be the forgotten man. If he’s made his bed (& it’s rumours when all said and done, but pretty persistent ones for months now) he can go lie in it. There was life before Eriksen. There will be life after him
I don’t like he said it publicly, but I can understand the sentiment. I’ve just moved jobs to my previous competition but to only one of two companies out of dozens in my field. I’d have been happy where I was and wouldn’t have just moved to anyone. So his theory is sound, just not the way he did it.

Trouble is unless Celso smashes it he most likely won't be dropped. He has his off days but in the main we look pretty disjointed without him.

Back
Top Bottom