Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IF true, and it's a big if.
Surely hitching your skirt to both Barca and Real isn't the best way to endear yourself to the the fans.
Imagine if a player said the same thing about a potential move to Us or Woolwich.
Both sets of fans would give him the:dembelefingers:
Yeah and just imagine if he run down his contract and walked for free and down the road to his current clubs most hated nearest rivals just imagine how that would pan out I just haven’t a clue......Mm

Similarly, whether RM pay us or the player I don't think would matter much to them either(*).... Just noting the gamble of the 'game' he's playing.

(*In the case of Ramsey > Juve for example.... The diff in wages and signing on fee would have just gone towards a fee to Woolwich otherwise.)

Bottom line is whoever his dream clubs are they need to be willing to invest 10s of millions of £'s in him... That continues to be the missing peice of the puzzle in this saga so far.
I don’t think that’s a fair statement. If he was available for a free, he’d be gone to RM already. There’s no doubt in my mind.

There’s a big difference between RM agreeing to pay him 52 million pounds over the next 4 years (250k pounds a week) and being willing to do so AND pay Spurs 50 or 60 million pounds on top of that. That is, in fact, a doubling of the investment. Because RM has been unwilling to buy 4 years of Eriksen’s time for 100 million pounds does not suggest, indicate, or have any relevance on their willingness to buy 4 years of his time for half that. Inferring that it does or even that it might is completely off base IMO.

I don’t think that’s a fair statement. If he was available for a free, he’d be gone to RM already. There’s no doubt in my mind.

There’s a big difference between RM agreeing to pay him 13 million a pounds over the next 4 years (250k pounds a week) and being willing to do so AND pay Spurs 50 or 60 million pounds on top of that. That is, in fact, a doubling of the investment. Because RM has been unwilling to buy 4 years of Eriksen’s time for 100 million pounds does not suggest, indicate, or have any relevance on their willingness to buy 4 years of his time for half that. Inferring that it does or even that it might is completely off base IMO.

"Fair"? Nothing 'mean' about what I'm saying.... (None of what I'm saying here questions CE's character.)

These guys 'going on a free' are bagging crazy money(*)....

Like I say, using the Ramsey deal as a measurement, we're talking a rumoured 400kpw for a player who one might suggest would otherwise command 100-150kpw if still under contract.... 400kpw x 4 years = £83.2 milllion.

Only so different to 200kpw + a 40-60m fee paid to us..... Either way, still requires a sincere interest to fork out that kind of money; which is all I'm saying really.

(*Sanchez & Mikhitarian both scored crazy deals too.

We're both using working figures, but I hope you get my point....

"Fair"? Nothing 'mean' about what I'm saying.... (None of what I'm saying here questions CE's character.)

These guys 'going on a free' are bagging crazy money(*)....

Like I say, using the Ramsey deal as a measurement, we're talking a rumoured 400kpw for a player who one might suggest would otherwise command 100-150kpw if still under contract.... 400kpw x 4 years = £83.2 milllion.

Only so different to 200kpw + a 40-60m fee paid to us..... Either way, still requires a sincere interest to fork out that kind of money; which is all I'm saying really.

(*Sanchez & Mikhitarian both scored crazy deals too.

We're both using working figures, but I hope you get my point....

You're making the assumption that Eriksen wants to bag the transfer fee for himself.

I'm saying if he's not so concerned with wages, and simply willing to take an offer that gets him close to break even on what he would've gotten if he just signed a new contract with Spurs, then going to Real Madrid looks like an easy peasy deal to me. That is, if what he's mostly interested in playing for the team he wants to play for, he's not going to have any problem with that in a year's time if he's willing to accept 250K pounds a week.

If he wants to bag the transfer fee himself and get 400K pounds a week, he may very well have to play for a team that's not at the top of his list.

But all the hullabaloo coming out of his camp is that money is not the driving factor of his next move.

You're making the assumption that Eriksen wants to bag the transfer fee for himself.

I'm saying if he's not so concerned with wages, and simply willing to take an offer that gets him close to break even on what he would've gotten if he just signed a new contract with Spurs, then going to Real Madrid looks like an easy peasy deal to me. That is, if what he's mostly interested in playing for the team he wants to play for, he's not going to have any problem with that in a year's time if he's willing to accept 250K pounds a week.

If he wants to bag the transfer fee himself and get 400K pounds a week, he may very well have to play for a team that's not at the top of his list.

But all the hullabaloo coming out of his camp is that money is not the driving factor of his next move.

I'm not making assumptions about the individual here; full stop. Just reflecting on the basis of how such deals typically work.

To be honest, I haven't seen any articles (containing credible quotes or otherwise) about his financial considerations. If there's anything you think i should read, by all means throw up some links.

(I've read reference on here to danish media a few times, but curiously enough no english speaking outlets seem to to regurgitating these comments...)

I'm not making assumptions about the individual here; full stop. Just reflecting on the basis of how such deals typically work.

To be honest, I haven't seen any articles (containing credible quotes or otherwise) about his financial considerations. If there's anything you think i should read, by all means throw up some links.

(I've read reference on here to danish media a few times, but curiously enough no english speaking outlets seem to to regurgitating these comments...)
If you do a google search for “eriksen next move wont be about money” you’ll get a bunch of links. None of them have quotes and they say that’s what coming from his advisors.

If you do a google search for “eriksen next move wont be about money” you’ll get a bunch of links. None of them have quotes and they say that’s what coming from his advisors.

Just did.... Lots of repetition over Spurs offering 200kpw... Comments of "Eriksen's last chance for a big money deal".... His preferred destinations.... Alleged interest from RM & PSG.... Juve preparing a Ramsey-style deal.... "Man Utd deal off".... Nothing suggesting he'd move on the cheap.

A sun article does mention: "However, Eriksen has made it clear that his next move will not be decided by the money on offer and has made no secret of his wish to play for a bigger club than Tottenham", but that's not the same as suggesting he'll accept less than one might typically expect.

Not saying such articles aren't out there; just would have thought they'd have become somewhat of a feature in this thread by now....

But why assume Eriksen is a cunt, when he has not done anything cuntish? He has been a professional and not done anything like requesting a transfer or refused to play, he has not shown any bad attitude towards the club. He literally came on against Villa and helped us win. Dude has done nothing wrong.

The only reason people are hating on Eriksen is because he doesn’t want to extend. It’s like talking to conspiracy nuts. Some people here have convinced themselves that Eriksen has a bad attitude and it doesn’t matter that every evidence points towards them being wrong.

It makes zero sense and just makes people look like stupid haters.
If this turns about to be his last season with us, so be it. I couldn't give a rat's snatch about the money side of it, it won't bankrupt my team and, just as I don't give a shit how much a signing costs (hi Sammy, remember how you you used to lie about that with me?) I don't care if we get a fee for him or not.

I would hope that he does a Modric, plays his heart out in a glorious valedictory season. As opposed to say a certain gibbon-headed wierdigan, who refused to train, feigned injury and so forth, yet bizarrely still attracts more love than Ratboy did.

Luka, you're always welcome in Bill Towers for a pint and a paella. Manbun, you can fuck off with all your friends here in Madrid.

Oh...

file_747256_RATBOY3.jpg

#LukaLove

Last edited:
Just did.... Lots of repetition over Spurs offering 200kpw... Comments of "Eriksen's last chance for a big money deal".... His preferred destinations.... Alleged interest from RM & PSG.... Juve preparing a Ramsey-style deal.... "Man Utd deal off".... Nothing suggesting he'd move on the cheap.

A sun article does mention: "However, Eriksen has made it clear that his next move will not be decided by the money on offer and has made no secret of his wish to play for a bigger club than Tottenham", but that's not the same as suggesting he'll accept less than one might typically expect.

Not saying such articles aren't out there; just would have thought they'd have become somewhat of a feature in this thread by now....
Eh? I found mention that money would not be the driving force in several of those articles. I’m sleepy and want to take a nap now but will try to remember to pull out individual quotes later.

Eh? I found mention that money would not be the driving force in several of those articles. I’m sleepy and want to take a nap now but will try to remember to pull out individual quotes later.

I'm not fucking with you...I skim read a bunch of stuff and didn't see anything going down that 'path.... Certainly not anything like "Eriksen's reprentatives have said X or Y".... Even in the sun article I quoted it doesn't mention how or when Eriksen "made clear" what they insinuate.

(If you'd read this stuff moments before advising me to search them out it may have been easier to just post whatever it was you were alluding to at the time.)

Anyway... Enjoy ya nap fella... 😴

Majority of clubs will want him to run his contract down and then go on a free next year.

Even then, I think he's highly over estimating himself.

If Barca are happy to let Coutinho go (Who, I would argue, is a better player) then why would they start Eriksen? He would be a squad player.

The same situation for Juve and Madrid.

Eriksen is great but I don't think he's world class. He's falling for the same trap Bale did and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end the same way - being a bitpart squad player, regardless of how many trophies win or how much money you have.

If this turns about to be his last season with us, so be it. I couldn't give a rat's snatch about the money side of it, it won't bankrupt my team and, just as I don't give a shit how much a signing costs (hi Sammy, remember how you you used to lie about that with me?) I don't care if we get a fee for him or not.

I would hope that he does a Modric, plays his heart out in a glorious valedictory season. As opposed to say a certain gibbon-headed wierdigan, who refused to train, feigned injury and so forth, yet bizarrely still attracts more love than Ratboy did.

Luka, you're always welcome in Bill Towers for a pint and a paella. Manbun, you can fuck off with all your friends here in Madrid.

Oh...

file_747256_RATBOY3.jpg

#LukaLove

That moment when the player is bigger than the club to someone

They are all just waiting for him to available on a free, nobody is in dire need of him right now.

Really really hope Levy does something incredible like make him part of a deal for Dybala in January :avbpray:

Exactly, he's learning that the top European sides regard him as sirloin rather than fillet if a transfer fee is required to obtain his services. How a 'disgruntled' Eriksen reacts is debatable. Personally, if this is to be his last season I hope he gives us a send off campaign to remember whenever Poch decides to select him, but altenative formations in readiness for his departure must be made, unless he renews.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, cause I can't be arsed to read through all the pages of this thread, but there's a logic to Eriksen winding his contract down. I'm pretty sure Barca or Real would be very very much interested and snap him up if he was on a free. It's the transfer fee that is getting in the way. Eliminate that and you get your dream move.

And I don't think that he will pick up any injuries given the way he plays. So it's a safe bet for him to ride out his contract.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, cause I can't be arsed to read through all the pages of this thread, but there's a logic to Eriksen winding his contract down. I'm pretty sure Barca or Real would be very very much interested and snap him up if he was on a free. It's the transfer fee that is getting in the way. Eliminate that and you get your dream move.

And I don't think that he will pick up any injuries given the way he plays. So it's a safe bet for him to ride out his contract.
Yeah he usually pulls out of most 50/50's, and is very neat and tidy with out getting involved in anything too gritty so I agree. He most probably wont get injured.

Back
Top Bottom