Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If only everyone were as balanced as you. Eriksen has periods where he's poor but one good game back and all of a sudden the world class train is back in the station.

I've never seen a Spurs player in my time overrated more than Eriksen but it's probably just down to the lack of creativity within our squad during his time here. Hopefully GLC, although not a direct replacement, can offer some of it going forward and the majority can stop believing the world will end when comrade Christian leaves.

Good for you, that you don't feel Eriksen isn't bettering our team. Then you are one of the few who can actually appreciate the shit show we put up for 65 mins against Aston Villa.

Juve will just sit tight and wait till next summer and try to get Eriksen on a free. They've done this a lot recently with quite a few players.

I can’t agree with anyone who thinks that we are better off without Eriksen. We have three players I consider to be world class, and he is one of them. Personally I fell I love with spurs in the 80s, and we had some brilliant creative players during that era, which he reminds me of. There aren’t many players like him about. The sooner the transfer window closes the better!

I can’t agree with anyone who thinks that we are better off without Eriksen. We have three players I consider to be world class, and he is one of them. Personally I fell I love with spurs in the 80s, and we had some brilliant creative players during that era, which he reminds me of. There aren’t many players like him about. The sooner the transfer window closes the better!

May I ask who in the 80s he reminds you of

Juve will just sit tight and wait till next summer and try to get Eriksen on a free. They've done this a lot recently with quite a few players.
They’re the perfect club to get an ‘ageing’ player in on a free.

There is still a kudos for playing for Juve
You will win the league
You will not have to exert yourself every game
You’ll have a chance to win the CL
Nice climate to enjoy your football
And of course you’ve negotiated a huge contract

This is why they wangle it so often

Still feels like bottom feeding though

I meant more of the spirit or style of the way he plays rather than any one individual player. Having read and watched interviews with plenty of spurs legends Burkinshaw, Hoddle, Ardilles, Galvin etc they all pick out Eriksen as their favourite spurs player, and I wouldn’t disagree.

Can he leave on a "Bosman" if we're not in the EU? It was originally a European Court of Justice ruling?? Freedom of movement and all that.

Can he leave on a "Bosman" if we're not in the EU? It was originally a European Court of Justice ruling?? Freedom of movement and all that.

Not sure, but we could just steal his passport... It's worked for UK-based Russian pimps for some time now.

They’re the perfect club to get an ‘ageing’ player in on a free.

There is still a kudos for playing for Juve
You will win the league
You will not have to exert yourself every game
You’ll have a chance to win the CL
Nice climate to enjoy your football
And of course you’ve negotiated a huge contract

This is why they wangle it so often

Still feels like bottom feeding though

You missed out...You can bribe the refs?

Sometime we have to rise above the money. Eriksen has given 5 very good years. He wants to go RM, but looks like their priority lay elsewhere and won't pay 50M+... seems like only way he can latch on to RM is via free transfer. If that is the case, make it clear we are willing to let him walk next year. He seems unsettled since early Feb this year. Perhaps knowing he has the support of the management, he will be re-focused, give us another great season, and see him off to RM on free transfer next year. It is not like he is looking to engineer move away from us only 2 seasons after we have paid massive transfer fee to acquire him. We paid what.. 6.4 mil to Ajax?

What do you mean make it clear we are willing to let him walk next year? If we don’t sell him in the next couple of weeks, that’s what going to happen. All we can do is offer him a contract at Spurs, and offer to sell him to somebody who is willing to pay our asking price. And Eriksen has the right to say no to those things and walk on a free. We have very little control of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom