Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well first Eriksen is a completely different player to Bale so it's an unfair comparison, but to claim he doesn't step up with a bit of magic when the team need him is just absurd.

He has done this numerous times with late winners/assists against bus parking teams or clutch games where the team look out of ideas or struggling to make this happen, exactly as Bale used to. Even last season alone, where he was poor according to some, he did it a number of times.
I was not comparing as players 'like for like' simply saying that for me Eriksen was more prone to also falling into the 'switched off' mode of other players on the pitch rather than try and inject some enthusiasm which Bale would do....albeit from a different position. You obviously think differently...we shall agree to disagree. :thumbup:

shouldCE, sign this rumoured contract or move on I just want it resolved quick

He’s well within his rights to see his contract out but not by blagging he is open to sign this new contract and running down the clock

Shades of cuntball and it’s a nagging fear haranguing me since it was rumoured

I'm sorry, but I just can't take you serious. You're bored with Eriksen but you wouldn't mind replacing him with more boring options (Dier and Wanyama), where none of them have been 100% fit at any time of the season.

That's also a part of the story. Eriksen has been over-played because too many of our players have been absent or no way near fit enough.
I’d have happily subbed off Eriksen many a time rather than drop him into central midfield at the expense of Winks

Overplayed?
An excuse for being poor?
But he wasn’t poor....which one is it?

Sick of people saying “Eriksen had his most productive season look at his stats, he’s been excellent, he’s irreplaceable, he hasn’t been poor........but he was knackered, overplayed, out of position and had shit full backs, that’s why he was poor”

Always a fucking excuse, always a different excuse.

Even to the point that he was poor because we sold Dembele.

For fucks sake, he’s just not THAT good. End of.

I always think Winks should play, but not on Eriksen's expense. Two players I would choose for my starting XI. But again, Winks has also been injury prone throughout the season.

During games when Eriksen was doing fuck all, we could have easily gone with:

....................Sissoko...................Wanyama/Dier
.....................................Winks/Dele

................Son..............................Dele/Moura

.................................Kane/Llorente

But to you that’s wildly mental and can’t be taken seriously, due to the fact your hero Eriksen must be subbed off.

I’d rather have gone with any of those combinations than watch him flapping about in the middle doing fuck all.
“HIS STATS HIS STATS!!!”

Who’s to say we wouldnt have scored MORE as a TEAM without Eriksen...we didn’t even try, just played AVB shit crab sideways negative slug football and taking 10 minutes to get near the opposite box.

The injuries excuse is a shit one. We had players in the squad that were simply not used, or hauled off so he can stay on.

During games when Eriksen was doing fuck all, we could have easily gone with:

....................Sissoko...................Wanyama/Dier
.....................................Winks/Dele

................Son..............................Dele/Moura

.................................Kane/Llorente

But to you that’s wildly mental and can’t be taken seriously, due to the fact your hero Eriksen must be subbed off.

I’d rather have gone with any of those combinations than watch him flapping about in the middle doing fuck all.
“HIS STATS HIS STATS!!!”

Who’s to say we wouldnt have scored MORE as a TEAM without Eriksen...we didn’t even try, just played AVB shit crab sideways negative slug football and taking 10 minutes to get near the opposite box.

The injuries excuse is a shit one. We had players in the squad that were simply not used, or hauled off so he can stay on.

That setup might work against top teams who push up their defensive line, where Lucas and Son can run into space. But in games against teams defending with 11 players inside own area, I really want a player like Eriksen.

I don't care about stats, and I don't care if we sell Eriksen. But if we sell, I want us to sign a player with similar skills. Lamela and Dele just haven't got the creativity/vision

I was not comparing as players 'like for like' simply saying that for me Eriksen was more prone to also falling into the 'switched off' mode of other players on the pitch rather than try and inject some enthusiasm which Bale would do....albeit from a different position. You obviously think differently...we shall agree to disagree. :thumbup:

You haven’t quite got the hang of this Forum yet mate

If you disagree with someone you should automatically call him a cunt

Your report so far

6/10

Can do better

Back
Top Bottom