Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't realise Eriksen was still only 21, he seems to have been around for ages! Good player with plenty of years in him to kick on, get even better and increase in value. In the final year of his contract so shouldn't command a ridiculous transfer fee, ticks every box in the Levy transfer requirements.

He was the youngest player in the 2010 World Cup. Made the rise through Ajax' highly esteemed development program at an incredible rate. I think this kid is a steal at 12 million, and I believe that's even euros.

Erikson is a good buy I think. At his age the chances are that he will get better and he isn't expensive really.
Even though he apparently went off the boil a bit last season he still had good stats and actually scored more goals than previous years. It's still a no-brainer I reckon, given what we are lacking.

Erikson is a good buy I think. At his age the chances are that he will get better and he isn't expensive really.
Even though he apparently went off the boil a bit last season he still had good stats and actually scored more goals than previous years. It's still a no-brainer I reckon, given what we are lacking.

and we've been lacking a Zakora, Palacious and Nelson for a few years now so he should fill that void well.

I think being surrounded by a more talented squad at a new club in a more challenging league will put a fire under the kid's ass to get it going again. Being 20 years old as he was last summer and being chased by the biggest clubs in Europe and having those potential moves not work out is probably pretty damaging on a young, aspiring player. He no doubt would love the chance to come here and play in this league. Perfect buy for us. He's also done quite well for Ajax so far in this young season.

Last edited:
On a serious note - I really, really doubt he is the true Bale replacement or anything close to Willian or Lamela quality-wise

Would an under-whelming signing for me personally - hope we skip this one, we already have Holtby in the 'up-and-coming young mid with potential' role

Last edited:
On a serious note - I really, really doubt he is the true Bale replacement or anything close to Willian or Lamela quality-wise

Would an under-whelming signing for me personally - hope we skip this one, we already have Holtby in the 'up-and-coming young mid with potential' role
I've brought my old friend youtube to try and convince you otherwise

Though I get your point about Holtby

Buzz_Killington.jpg

Thanks

Pav's finishing looks Raul-esque (circa 2001) on YouTube
Pav is the worlds best player end of, its why Real are so keen to get Bale after the missed out on Pavlyuchenko, they can miss out on the unofficial best player in the world twice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-raid-for-Tottenhams-Roman-Pavlyuchenko.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rs-wouldnt-let-leave-claims-Pavlyuchenko.html

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...rid-turn-attention-to-tottenham-striker-roman

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=12080

This one isn't about a Bale replacement. AVB stated himself he'd like two quality players at each position. At the moment, we have zero players at a position of immense need, especially as we have no idea when Holtby may return to fitness. There isn't a better player available at the position anymore, and we're getting him for a great price. This fella was the youngest player at the World Cup three years ago, while I had never even heard of some Lamela kid. With a new challenge, I think Eriksen could be a fantastic player for us. Very excited about this one.

From what i've read from Ajax/Dutch football fans this guy is quite over-rated. Can't remember the exact details but basically they seem to think he never has any pressure on him and is given acres of space.

Never gonna get that here, we need someone a lá Modric/VdV who unlocks tight defences.

Back
Top Bottom