Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’v come accept over time player(s) will leave your club and at the time you think o fuck how will we cope Bale, Modric being two and we coped but Eriksen is different he’s a class act I’ll be gutted if he does go I don’t think we will replace him like fo like yes somebody will come in but they will have to be pretty dam good! I think we’d replace Kane easier.

Kane is easier to replace than Eriksen? Eriksen is a different class to Bale and Modric?

Hahahahahahaha

And people wonder why I say Eriksen is overrated.

Name a striker as good as Kane that we could realistically sign?

Kane is easier to replace than Eriksen? Eriksen is a different class to Bale and Modric?

Hahahahahahaha

And people wonder why I say Eriksen is overrated.

Name a striker as good as Kane that we could realistically sign?
Don't think there is one. But there's not a playmaker/10 as good as Eriksen that we could sign either. He's probably top 5 in the world in that position.

Not much pride you're right.

However in ten years no-one will remember how many games he played, but the medals will look just as shiny.
I have to respectfully disagree, Mike.

None of us know what Mahrez is thinking but I can’t imagine that a few token medals earned as a bit-part actor will make him feel anywhere near the sense of elation and achievement he felt when he was a key part of LCFC’s extraordinary title win.

Real glory is all about being there on the pitch - ask Jimmy Greaves about 1966. And if it wasn’t we wouldn't take the mighty piss out of John “Full Kit Wanker” Terry.

None of us know what Mahrez is thinking but I can’t imagine that a few token medals earned as a bit-part actor will make him feel anywhere near the sense of elation and achievement he felt when he was a key part of LCFC’s extraordinary title win.

Real glory is all about being there on the pitch - ask Jimmy Greaves about 1966. And if it wasn’t we wouldn't take the mighty piss out of John “Full Kit Wanker” Terry.
agree... its one thing for a decent squad player to be thinking "wow, i'm at city, earning top £££, winning shit.... i'm happy with limited game time as i wouldn't swap this for playing 90 mins per week at Everton". Utd had loads of players like this throughout the 90s (Brown, Berg, May, P Neville etc).

But Mahrez is a former PFA winner, a really fucking good footballer - he knows this and surely cant be happy with the equivalent of 13 full PL games this season.

I respect the theory of waiting until the end of the season to make a decision but not if this has been the cause of the form dip. Some players can put it out of their minds, i'm not sure CE can and has...

Regardless of his correct form we've all seen how devastating he can be when on song, I also think he makes a decent sub as has often come on late to make the difference when we've needed that extra bit of class. We need a back-up for him and to be brave enough to drop him when he is tired, form drops or others need a run.

I really hope he stays so we can focus on other areas that need bolstering.

We've been very very unlucky with injuries this season but that will likely continue with the volume of matches and intensity of our game. We need depth and quality now but finding players with the right attitude must be very hard. It looks like the current squad don't complain one bit and it's a testament to players, manager and club to see them have their time in the sun like Llorente and really enjoy it.

OK to disagree.

Of course we can't know what Mahrez is thinking, and of course I'm sure he'd like to play every week. However, I'm not sure 2 PL medals(after last night) and 2 Cups can be described as 'token'.

We don't know what his motivation from football is. From a fans perspective it's about playing well and winning trophies. A player's perspective may include setting himself and his family up for life.

Other players see it as a job (in the lower leagues, that's exactly what it is). I heard that Assou-Ekoto often turned up for a game on Saturday not knowing who the opponents were. George Best saw it as a way to fame/women. You felt that Cantona was bored with the whole thing.

Who knows what Mahrez thinks, however in 30 years time he'll be able to show the three medals he picked up in the 18-19 season as well as the PL medal from a couple of years ago. Only he will know how many games he played. His grandkids won't care.

Brazil prooving the adage that he has a face for radio. How is that bloke still alive? What keeps him from exploding?
giphy.gif

How do people know that Eriksen is playing worse because of the contract situation? Seems like a jump to conclusions without anything pointing towards it. Seeing as he has been a model professional any other scenario to why his form has dipped is as likely.

The speculation and following accusations are groundless. He, among some other players, do not deserve it.

How do people know that Eriksen is playing worse because of the contract situation? Seems like a jump to conclusions without anything pointing towards it. Seeing as he has been a model professional any other scenario to why his form has dipped is as likely.

The speculation and following accusations are groundless. He, among some other players, do not deserve it.
agree with this - its like people are joining the dots in a fairly specious manner.
1. he has under-performed
2. he is still running round a lot but the intensity has gone
3. he's running his contract down/stalling, or whatever it is

they must be linked...... or;

1. the rest of the team have under-performed
2. the rest of the team aren't playing with the same intensity.
3. the rest of the team aren't running their contracts down

They don’t. It’s stupid and it follows the standard conspiracy handbook where people connect dots that are not there and disregards sound logic because they have already made their mind up and trying to find proof that they are right(instead of the other way around).

Instead of looking at facts like a long WC with no long summer vacation, injuries, no rest and us having to play almost the entire season in Wembley. It makes sense that Eriksens form would dip, just like most of our other players have not been as good as last season.

Also they can’t explain why Eriksens form has been much better lately, even though he has not extended his contract. It has absolutely nothing to do with his contract. He has always been professional, never talks to the press or trying to force a move. It’s so weird to see fans accuse him of being unprofessional, when everything he has done in his career and life have been the exact opposite.

Also some critics definitely have an agenda and Eriksen has not been as bad as they say he has. If he really was affected by the transfer speculation he would have played way worse. Eriksens season, while not as good as last year, is still better than 99% of the players in the league.

Wouldn't say his form is much better.

Just assists and goals clouding judgement. A bit like when Kane was scoring goals even though his overall performances were rather poor. Like at the back end of last season and practically every game at the World Cup.

Hes still no where near his best, not even half of his best. Especially not against Brighton. Slow in possession. Lost possession too often (though was of the only ones trying to make things happen) and decided to shoot from 30 yards everytime instead of remaining patient. However, his goal eventually came from one so in hindsight, can't complain too much about his shooting in the end

But aslong as he keeps coming up with the goods. Who really cares?

Last edited:
Brazil prooving the adage that he has a face for radio. How is that bloke still alive? What keeps him from exploding?
giphy.gif

Brazil looks like he is about pop any second now. Blimey. Now there is a guy who knows how to enjoy life fully. Crikey, the state of him

the spotlight on eriksen's performances when we don't have another ball playing midfielder or full back with a final product is hilarious. he runs the midfield for us, spurs would look so disjointed without him

Don't think there is one. But there's not a playmaker/10 as good as Eriksen that we could sign either. He's probably top 5 in the world in that position.
Yes that’s what I trying to say Eriksen will/would be very difficult to replace even at a price we’re not gonna get someone as good as him! As for Kane yes he’s irreplaceable to us but not just for the obvious he’s Tottenham and it’s more than just football with him we’ve been lucky very lucky! But his position as a striker you could replace easier......as a striker not Eriksen’s position they are few and far between.....ok Borks fucking. Gimp......

It's just a theory.

Bearing in mind though; last time he had an un-signed deal on the table, his form severely dropped off too, it's not a particularly outlandish theory either.

Being 'distracted' by off-field issues doesn't have to equate to 'slacking'

Yes that’s what I trying to say Eriksen will/would be very difficult to replace even at a price we’re not gonna get someone as good as him! As for Kane yes he’s irreplaceable to us but not just for the obvious he’s Tottenham and it’s more than just football with him we’ve been lucky very lucky! But his position as a striker you could replace easier......as a striker not Eriksen’s position they are few and far between.....ok Borks fucking. Gimp......

So Harry can be replaced with a lesser player; but Eriksen can't? ....Makes no sense.

You think there's more top quality STs in the world than their are AMs? ....Think you're mistaken on that front also.

Back
Top Bottom