You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Freudlyuchenko, 19 Aug 2013.

1. StripiestPilot

We will never sell anyone to Chelsea, there is a hatred between the clubs at every level and no desire to do business of any kind. Most transfer stuff between the two teams has been either trolling (Modric, Batshuayi) or thieving of mooted transfers (Willian, Barkley).

Eriksen could only ever go there on a free transfer which we would never allow to happen.

• Agree x 3
  2. Clynelish

Eriksen isn't the kind of person who signs for a bitter rival, I can't even see him go to City, he will probably go to Spain or maybe Juve in the summer.

3. sammyspurs

According to some his 2 goals and 2 assists in the last 11 games will be so heavily missed we will struggle to stay top 4.......

Oh......look, we have a struggle for top 4, with Eriksen playing every minute

4. Borks

Eriksen at City? Bristol? Leicester? Norwich? Cardiff? Someone's going to have to help me out here.

De Bruyne, Silva, B Silva, Mahrez, Sterling, Fernandinho, Foden, does anyone see him starting ahead of these players next season?

• Funny x 2
  5. Murphy

£££££££££££££

6. sammyspurs

No no no apparently he’s as good as Silva, and I assume that De Bruyne and Sterling “aren’t his peers”. Like Hazard, Mane and Sane “aren’t his peers”.

His peers are now Sissoko, Pogba, Ryan Fraser, Kovacic and Barkley so he’s doing good.

• Funny x 1
  7. BROCKVILLE

If we had a guarantee that the funds would be reinvested, I’d sell him.
    27. We can get top dollar in the summer still, especially if both Spanish teams want him. Bidding war.
    Obviously I would prefer it if he signed, but think that ship has sailed

• Agree x 4
  8. BriPelli

I have to say I am very much less bothered about Eriksen leaving than I was. He's been really poor for months now bar the odd fancy goal or assist. I honestly cannot see him being a success at Madrid. If as a Spurs fan I sit there during games exasperated at how poor he is, god knows what Madrid fans will think. His lack of consistency will get shown up massively. He will just be a bit part player there

Get as much as we can and reinvest.

• Agree x 2
  9. OnlineAlias

If neither of the Spanish two want him then I could easily see PSG, Juve the Milan's and Bayern wanting him. He'd flourish at all those clubs and have a massive chance of racking up an impressive trophy haul.

In fact Bayern not taking James and instead bringing in Eriksen would be shrewd business. He's notoriously not a mercenary so they could get him on much more sensible wages then players of even lesser quality.

I love Lamela and I like Moura but if it's a choice of take a huge offer for Eriksen to reinvest in the squad or remove the mentioned two above to tie him down and sign another British prospect I know which I'd prefer.

He's fatigued and out of form like the rest of the squad imo. Nothing he's ever done in his career would suggest he's not playing well due to thinking of a move. He's the one player everyone says has the calmest personality if anything he's concentrating on helping his teammates gain 3 points too much because as a team we're overthinking and not playing fluidly

• Agree x 4
  10. AlabamaSpur

11. ElTel

• Agree x 10
  12. Totti

Chess extraordinaire

Then we'll get what most people want then. Eriksen staying an extra year.

13. Super Jan Fan

Agreed, though it would be an opening price in negotiations and we'd cone down a lot. I could see him go for 120M if two clubs want him. That would be good business to be fair.

• Agree x 4
  14. COckneY Spurs

Fucking hell, it’s gonna be one of those summers.....Levy better not fuck around with this one till bloody August and leave Pochettino scrambling last minute.com for players, with one year left on his contract Levy would be lucky to get anywhere close to 80m, I mean if the shoe was one the other foot we wouldn’t pay top dollar for a player with one year left....take the money early and give Pochettino a fighting chance for a change!!

• Agree x 8
  15. Eli

Eli

Agree, positive we re invest could get ward-prowes or Maddison! okay neither of which are Eriksen but the way he’s disappeared we’re playing with 10men anyhow so at least we’d have 11 playing. Negative both players mentioned are good quality but if we get a big fee both Leicester and Southampton would want a large slice of that, question would Danny boy share? If Southampton went down ward-prowes and Southampton wouod have less bargaining power especially if he didn’t didn’t fancy the championship for a season or two and no guarantees they’d come back up right away?

16. TomHotspur

If Eriksen wants to leave (which is looking increasingly obvious) we need to accept it, cut the bullshit, get a decent deal early on for him and reinvest the money.

You just know the week before the season starts he'll still be here though, with talks at a standstill, Levy rejecting Madrids 80.7 million offer, demanding 82 mil, as we meanwhile "wait for Eriksen to be sold before we move on to our targets."

• Agree x 4
  17. ryminister

Supporter

Sorry to say, but his body language doesn't look like the heart is with us as much. Done nothing this season comparing to all previous seasons. Gutted but let's cash in.

• Agree x 1
  18. Incomplete_usernam

He could just be really constipated, it makes me look like I don’t give a shit sometimes (no pun intended.)

:eriksenserious:

• Funny x 2
  19. StripiestPilot

I don't agree with that, he is doing a lot of hard work and being given a different role to previous seasons. Last season he played nominally on the right of our attacking 3 and drifted around as he pleased, now he has a more defined position as one of the central midfielders in our diamond and has to do a lot more work in our own half. He's not at his best and no doubt the contract thing is in his head but I would never say his heart isn't in it. He's playing no worse than anyone else at the moment, they are all playing within themselves and below their normal standard.

• Agree x 3
  20. KickAssAndGiggle

I hate the tabloid press SO MUCH!

He's gone off the boil over the last two months. Last season and the first half of this, he was one of the best players in the PL, but if you'd only watched football in 2019 you'd think he was bang-average.

I'd have been really sad to see him leave 3 months ago...now I'm rather more ambivalent about it. I'm sure he can recover his form, but will it happen again? At least its never a work-rate issue with him, it's his decision making that's gone wonky. But...it's gone proper wonky.

If we can get £80mil...we probably have to take it.

• Agree x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info