Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Eriksen ends up at Atletico, Sevilla, Napoli, Milan or Inter I will eat my entire hat collection.
Yeah, but...
TOPH-z.jpg

Original-Cheesehead-Sombrero.jpg
img_2683cc1_baseballhat.jpg

Aaron Ramsey 400k a week and we are offering Eriksen 110k a week. I know Ramsey will be a free agent but......:eriksenserious:

Even shite players would be earning £300k+ per week if there was no transfer fee. It's rare TBH and not something we will let happen unless it's a conscious decision. Ramsey is 28 and injury prone and not particularly quick.

Juve will get 3 seasons out of him before flipping him to someone else where he can earn £150k with only a small transfer fee (sub £3m) and a new 3 year contract.

Aaron Ramsey 400k a week and we are offering Eriksen 110k a week. I know Ramsey will be a free agent but......:eriksenserious:

Meh.

If he's looking to pull a 'Ramsey' then we could offer him double that unsubstantiated 110k offer and he'd still most likely be off.

The only way he stays is if he bottles it and re-signs this summer following no interest from the big knobs... Which in itself is unlikely (see "doing a Ramsey").

Weren't the 400k a week rumours false?

I'm sure I saw it was €7.5m net which works out to £250k a week. Which sure, is still a lot of money for Aaron Ramsey but makes it a lot more reasonable considering he's free.

It's been on the horizon for a while but the Ramsey deal could become the proverbial Neymar equivalent to more inflation.

Ramsey is a decent midfielder and as someone else added is 28 and injury prone. However, you can still argue it's good business for Juventus as even such an eye damaging sum of a reported 400k a week actually amounts to what? Approx £20m for the duration of his contract?

It makes it totally viable for someone like Eriksen to feel they could possibly hold out and earn 600k a week somewhere.

The arguemet will always be there as to how much is enough but no players HAVE to be as invested in our club as we are. These sort of figures are a whole new level compared to leaving for , say, 200k a week when we offer an incentive based equivalent or 170k for example.

Even spurs players through and through like one of the two Harry's would find those sort of number hard to turn down.

400k a week is 20m a season or 80m over the length of his contract...is that good business?
No way is Ramsey getting 400K a week at Juve as a straight salary.

He most likely has a lower salary. But makes up for it by being given a bigger share of his image rights and sponsorships arranged by the club. If he handles that through a off shore company run out of a tax haven he would then be able to pay a flat tax of 100k a year on any earnings made "outside of Italy". So he'd have a lower wage than reported, but still a higher income yearly. Same way it works for Ronaldo.

Still fucking bizzarre if Ramsey ends up earning anywhere near that amount. It would make him the 4th best paid player in football. Better paid than Mbappe, Özil, Sanchez, Hazard and Bale just to throw some names out there.

400k a week is 20m a season or 80m over the length of his contract...is that good business?

Not for me but some clubs may think so and while I disagree I can see why.

If they rate him high enough then 80m over 4years isn't that big a drop as spending £50-60m as a signing fee before discussing wages

Eriksen is as good as gone. Wind down that contract and get obscene wages. Can’t blame him in the end.

Yep true.

Top players have got it in the bag.

The worst case scenario for us is going to be Chelsea or Liverpool coming in for him at 50 million in the last days of the summer window.... then what?

It is completely the Alderweireld situation but with an even stronger hand or should that be foot.

2 years out you got to nail down your best players.... or sell them. Fans will understand.

Can't really begrudge him these sums.

For us mere mortals they look, and are, obscene. But he will only have this earning power for about 5 seasons. After that it's a downward slope (unless you're Ronaldo, Sanchez or Ozil!). He needs to set himself and his family up for life.

If he goes, then good luck to him. He's been a good servant. Unless he goes to Woolwich in which case...

We should offer him a Kane/Lloris-type contract and see what happens. I don't think he'll take it as he wants the glory/kudos associated with Real Barca.

For us mere mortals they look, and are, obscene. But he will only have this earning power for about 5 seasons. After that it's a downward slope (unless you're Ronaldo, Sanchez or Ozil!). He needs to set himself and his family up for life.

If he goes, then good luck to him. He's been a good servant. Unless he goes to Woolwich in which case...

We should offer him a Kane/Lloris-type contract and see what happens. I don't think he'll take it as he wants the glory/kudos associated with Real Barca.
We most likely already have.

The idea of only offering him 110k a week doesn't work since Kane, Hugo and Dele are all on substantially more (Kane and Dele through new deals, Hugo is suppossed to have a clause in his deal that makes him match anyone earning more than him automatically).

I don't think he will go this summer, but more likely run down his contract and leave next summer.

He will still have been cracking value for us.

He'll be top motivated too in terms of playing for his next contract.

2 years out you got to nail down your best players.... or sell them. Fans will understand.

Thing is, a lot of fans don’t understand. And get arsey at the thought of selling our star players as it shows no ambition/Levy/Lewis being tight cunts etc etc.

You’ve absolutely hit the nail there. Fans should understand if a player won’t sign a deal then we can’t really do much else.
But what some people should understand, & how they choose to perceive it are entirely different things.

And there’s no way a business savvy chairman like Levy, who has been doing this for a long time now, will let that happen.

I find it hard to believe we've only offered him 110k vs the 200k that Kane is getting. Eriksen is in the same bracket as Kane, Dele, Son and Hugo in terms of his stature within the squad, they are our undisputed elite players. If he's being offered such a shite wage relative to both our other stars and other top teams, I'd probably not sign either.

Levy must realise how big a risk it would be to lose him and especially to lose him due to us being stingy. If he makes a footballing decision to leave and try for the CL at Barca/Real, nobody would begrudge him that. Just make sure we offer him the best wage we can and see what happens.

This "They only have a short career to earn as much as possible" is a fucking laugh. He earns as much in a week as some people do in 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom