You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Freudlyuchenko, 19 Aug 2013.

1. Guido

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Hulk

I don't believe this supposed turning down of 110k a week-whats the source on that because I think that has to be bullshit its so derisory in comparison to our other top boys.
    I think he would be brilliant for barca in the right position but would he be guaranteed a starting position? I'm not so sure tbh.
    That Maddison story is a load of bollocks as well imho-no way would we replace a WC player with him.

• Agree x 4
  3. Airfixx

Swollen Member

Wasn't Andros....

4. bus-conductor

I don’t really think his form has dipped. He’s just created such high standards for himself, if he just has an ok game it becomes a “poor game”.

He had a “meh” first half against Newcastle, but then came out and was superb second half, made 6 key passes, set up a sitter that was missed by Llorente, played a lovely through ball for Trippier etc.

I think that’s the biggest reason his numbers (goals assists) have dipped recently is he’s playing midfield most games now and our other main creatives have been missing - Kane, Alli, Son and Sissoko and Moura create fuck all for anyone.

Generally he’s still seeing shitloads of ball in games and trying to create stuff.His “poor” days are still a fuckload better than others “good” days in terms of influence on how we play.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
  5. theromanianjackass

My one and only club

We won’t get a player on the same level as Eriksen simply because we don’t have the financial strength and the reputation to attract these players. We can only hope for a brilliant scouting choice that will grow into possibly a better player than Eriksen imo.

• Agree x 1
  6. Totti

Or add to parts of the squad that actually need strengthening, which in turn make us stronger.

7. John Thomas

My Eyes Have Seen The Profit

And then sell him.

8. Totti

but that's football.

• Agree x 1
  9. Residentevilbeater

Good game today 1 goal and 1 assist is pretty good when he isn't playing at his best level for us right now :)

10. RomanzoCriminale

It would be interesting to know what you think we should pay him and the rest of the squad?

1-25 what should Levy be paying them?

O admit £110k does seem low for someone of his ability, but what should we be paying him?

If the £110k is a basic with bonuses, say 50% win bonus, £10k per goal and assist, then surely that would be decent?

11. Fattynomates

If Eriksen leaves I don’t think it comes down to money, let’s just hope he chooses to stay at spurs and defend the PL title :sonpoint:

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  12. Rooster

Let's hope that he stays. He is a passing wizard with knack for goals. Backbone of our midfield.

• Agree x 1
  13. Duckling

Isn't one of the main reasons he's performing differently recently due to playing further away from goal now than in the past?
    So if the issue is he doesn't score as many goals, couldn't this be a main reason?

I still believe that a title on the shelf is what could make him sign a new contract, and since that's unlikely this season it'll probably be sell or run down his Contract.
    While Real could be an interesting place for him to go, Real tend to have periodes where players "slack off" compared to them at their best where they're a top 5 team of the world.
    In a way I could also see Eriksen end up in clubs such as Atletico Madrid, Sevilla or Napoli. Atletico due to being a consistantly good at running around the field, Sevilla for the chance of Copa del Rey or Europa League, Napoli for being one of the stronger clubs in Italy.

Though he might end up at one of the following: Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern or If he want to try to awaken a giant something like a Milan or Inter. Just hopeing he won't end up in one of the outside game money clubs.

• Funny x 1
  14. Hulk

If Eriksen ends up at Atletico, Sevilla, Napoli, Milan or Inter I will eat my entire hat collection.

• Agree x 5
    • Funny x 2
  15. LuckyMe

Your argument falls somewhat flat on its face, as the highlighted is a tad uninformed.

It's well documented that he turned more established clubs to join Ajax, and likewise to join us. He's always made choices based on what he perceives will be best for his career and/or make him happier over money and/or prestige.

Which should give us a degree of hope. There's every chance that he's not holding out because of money, or at least not only because of it, but rather due to wanting to be absolutely sure before committing his prime years, be it here or elsewhere, that he's making the right choice. That being imo both given it this season to see where we're heading, and to have the best assestment of whether he'd actually be key at Barca/Real.

Christian Eriksen: I turned down persistent Man City ahead of Tottenham move

https://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/p...414112/eriksen-why-i-turned-down-chelsea-move

• Like x 2
  16. CroSpurs

How cool is he here, that wink at the end

• Like x 8
  17. LuckyMe

As a fellow laid-back, deadpan humour loving Dane, I'd say it translates as:

*Wink* "Anything's possible" = We've got a great chance :tobyarm:

• Like x 4
  18. Notabadsquad

Hope he stays and would be amazing for us as a club to keep this group together until they taste the glory they deserve.

But he signs by June or we sell him.

• Agree x 3
  19. Park Lane Mark Twain

He signs by June or we spend the rest of the summer bartering with a Spanish club, sell him with 2 days left of the window and use the money to sign players plying their trades as FC Twente, Steaua Bucharest & Toulouse you mean? :troll:

• Funny x 4
  20. WookieD

[​IMG]

• Funny x 7
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info