Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is only one piece of evidence regarding Eriksen's intentions and that's the fact that he has not signed a new contract. Until he signs it's fair to assume that he intends to leave. Players who want to stay sign new contracts.

Maybe he wants to win the CL. Maybe he wants 300k a week. If we've tried everything we can to convince him and he still won't sign, there can only be one outcome. We can't lose out on £120m by letting him leave on a free.

Contradicted by the Spanish press's who say RM have decided against Eriksen. Clearly he is considering going but will one of the Elite clubs come in for him?

There is only one piece of evidence regarding Eriksen's intentions and that's the fact that he has not signed a new contract. Until he signs it's fair to assume that he intends to leave. Players who want to stay sign new contracts.

Maybe he wants to win the CL. Maybe he wants 300k a week. If we've tried everything we can to convince him and he still won't sign, there can only be one outcome. We can't lose out on £120m by letting him leave on a free.

I don't agree that's a fair assumption at all. It is indeed a fair assumption that he's considering leaving, perhaps even strongly so. Also fair to say there's a lot more risk that he wants to leave than the long list of first teamers who have indeed inked new deals.

Assuming intention is skipping a step though.

He wouldn't be the first player in history holding back on committing himself, especially with a boss' boss who's a notoriously hard negotiator, without it meaning anything more than there's some factor, beyond money, that will influence his decision which are still up in the air.

Being reported today that Eriksen has turned down 3 contract offers with the latest one being 110k a week. To fans or anyone normal that is amazing money. But to a footballer of his ability when players with less talent and some playing at a lower level are earning more???? That is a crap offer. Come on Levy sort it

Thought I'd share that Harry Hotspur is a cunt and that linking to his site should be an instant ban...I'm not even going to read that trash...
Very harsh. His opinions differ to yours so he's a cunt and I should be banned for giving fellow TFC members the option of reading his take on the situation .

Hmm, this fellow springs to mind

NQ2n8Ty.gif

I don't think he's keeping his options open because of how much we've offered him, he just wants a sniff at an elite club which Barcelona and Real Madrid are.

If one of them come calling he's gonna go and there's fuck all we can do about it apart from squeeze as much as possible from them and invest in replacements. Keeping him another year and losing him for nothing would be a true disaster. Unless of course he's determined to run his contract down...that isn't likely I don't think.

If one of them come calling he's gonna go and there's fuck all we can do about it apart from squeeze as much as possible from them and invest in replacements. Keeping him another year and losing him for nothing would be a true disaster. Unless of course he's determined to run his contract down...that isn't likely I don't think.
We could start by offering him the kind of wages his talent deserves in the current market. We could also show the player our intent by adding a top player every once in a while.....
Maybe he'd be less tempted to uproot himself and look for glory somewhere else.

Or..we could act like a small club, offer him around half what he could conceivably demand elsewhere, go 18 months without investing a single dime in the football team, and cash in while he still has a year left on his contract.

Last edited:
Very harsh. His opinions differ to yours so he's a cunt and I should be banned for giving fellow TFC members the option of reading his take on the situation .

Hmm, this fellow springs to mind

NQ2n8Ty.gif
No, he's a cunt because he plagarised a post of mine and passed it off as something that he came up with himself, he used to be a regular on Vital Spurs when I was there and he was the most unlikeable cunt that you could imagine...there was a party the day he upped sticks to his own site.
He always was and I'm sure he still is nothing more than a wind up merchant...anybody who takes him seriously need to have a hard look at themselves...

We could start by offering him the kind of wages his talent deserves in the current market. We could also show the player our intent by adding a top player every once in a while.....
Maybe he'd be less tempted to uproot himself and look for glory somewhere else.

Or..we could act like a small club, offer him around half what he could conceivably demand elsewhere, go 18 months without investing a single dime in the football team, and cash in while he still has a year left on his contract.
I don't think any of that would make a difference to him if Madrid or Barcelona came calling, they're bigger clubs than us and nothing you say above would change that. As much as we all dislike it we're in a food chain and if the player dreams of playing in Spain for either of those clubs there's fuck all we can do about it. Ronaldo left United having won everything and getting paid shitloads cos it was his dream to play for Madrid, what makes you think it's any different with Eriksen?

I could see Eriksen at Barca but he'll want to know he's going to play regularly wherever he ends up. I hope he stays. He may see how close we go this season before deciding. If he goes we'd get big bucks, but I'd still be worried about whether we could get a suitable replacement in - there just aren't that many top creative players out there and he also fits the way we play, someone new would have to learn that.

Genuinely think if he's sold, we don't need a like for like replacement, either a wide forward who will provide us with 15+ goals that Eriksen never did in the Premier League or a new central midfielder for a 433 and a change of style. In the same way that you cannot replace Dembele like-for-like but you can change the system to benefit what we have.

I think Dele and Kane are more than creative between them to fill the void and Son is really crossing over to that other level where he's not only scoring goals, he's providing them for others too.

Eriksen has been poor for a while and we're STILL winning. He's got a grand total of ONE assist for us since Boxing Day and that was against the team currently sitting 18th in the table. Will he be missed? Fuck yes. But he's not irreplaceable, no one is.

Last edited:
I don't think any of that would make a difference to him if Madrid or Barcelona came calling, they're bigger clubs than us and nothing you say above would change that. As much as we all dislike it we're in a food chain and if the player dreams of playing in Spain for either of those clubs there's fuck all we can do about it. Ronaldo left United having won everything and getting paid shitloads cos it was his dream to play for Madrid, what makes you think it's any different with Eriksen?
This is where John Thomas John Thomas agenda against miserly Levy & Lewis gets tedious as fuck.
They could offer him a kings ransom and he may well still turn it down if he was offered guaranteed titles & trophies somewhere like Barcelona.
I still don’t think Barca is a good fit for him. He will be under the microscope and won’t be allowed his less than wonderful periods he seems to go through every year for a short time.

The reality is, he will have been offered an eye watering sum of money to stay.

It may not be as much as some of the elite giants offer, and when they come knocking & the player answers the door you either sell, or let them see out their contracts and go for free. The Ronaldo example is conveniently ignored by the Levy hate mob.

I’m no Levy lover myself, but I do respect what he is trying to balance here between staying competitive, building a new ground & keeping our star players. We have and will try to keep the players Poch wants. Poch will walk if we don’t. But Poch himself understands the club, the chairman & the balancing act being carried out.

Back
Top Bottom