Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading the comments about Eriksen taking freekicks led me to recall this video.

The guy has such excellent technique of striking the ball. I'm confused as to why he is struggling.

Against Newcastle at the weekend we had a freekick on the left of the box and their keeper was literally 2 yards from his far post expecting a cross. Eriksen of old wouldn't hesitate.

He's not my favourite player at the moment, and probably more critical of him than I would normally be. Think I'm preparing myself for his departure at the end of the season, and trying hard not to care.

He's not my favourite player at the moment, and probably more critical of him than I would normally be. Think I'm preparing myself for his departure at the end of the season, and trying hard not to care.
He is not himself it seems. Disappointing and ridiculous at the same time. If he is trying to get to Barca or Real then he isn't doing himself any favours.

We are Third 5points behind the dippers. Get your head in the game.

Then people will come calling.

I love him as a Spurs player and really hope he stays. If he won't then I want to see the best of him before he leaves. Do us both a favour Christian if that's what you want.

I’m chilled out about it all. He will hit form again soon (& he’s not even been bad to be fair-just not up to the standards We have come to expect)

Kane, Son, Dele & Eriksen all being fit & hitting form in the run in would make it a really interesting scrap.

If he goes at the end of the season, best of luck to him. He’s given some great service to the club in the best squad I’ve ever seen. But time stands still for no man. If he wants to try his luck elsewhere, thanks & fuck off. He hasn’t been cuntish about it so no reason to loathe. He would leave us in a far stronger position than we were in when he joined us.
Star player.
Out of form.
Earning a quarter of what Ozil is on.
He’s been a great servant but if he isn’t buying in, then that’s fine.

Nothing to worry about really. He is missing playing with Kane and Ali and needs to settle down with the change of players. Had he scored that goal against Newcastle, we would all be saying what a good game he had. Yes, he could leave at the end of the season and that would be a great shame, but there is not enough at the moment to suggest that he will be doing that.

Nothing to worry about really. He is missing playing with Kane and Ali and needs to settle down with the change of players. Had he scored that goal against Newcastle, we would all be saying what a good game he had. Yes, he could leave at the end of the season and that would be a great shame, but there is not enough at the moment to suggest that he will be doing that.
Except sign the new contract?

Except sign the new contract?
It’s his call. The club is bigger than any individual. I’d be a liar if I suggested we won’t miss him, or I don’t want him to put pen to paper. Of course I do. But he’s been a great servant to the club and he’s behaved himself (not going blah blah to the media)
If he wants to see out his contract & fuck off abroad, then he has gone about it the right way. He’s having a dip in form but he strikes me as a chilled out dude. He will hit form again. No doubt.
I don’t think he’s being difficult at all and sometimes that just the way it goes. I think /hope it has nothing to do with the contract.
If he wants to go abroad and win trophies in a lesser league, he can go knock himself out.
If he wants to stay with us & fight to win something on merit, I’m delighted. Give him a Kane wage.
The only thing I’d hate is if he fucked off to a club in the PL

I hope he has more sense than to play the Campbell game.

It’s his call. The club is bigger than any individual. I’d be a liar if I suggested we won’t miss him, or I don’t want him to put pen to paper. Of course I do. But he’s been a great servant to the club and he’s behaved himself (not going blah blah to the media)
If he wants to see out his contract & fuck off abroad, then he has gone about it the right way. He’s having a dip in form but he strikes me as a chilled out dude. He will hit form again. No doubt.
I don’t think he’s being difficult at all and sometimes that just the way it goes. I think /hope it has nothing to do with the contract.
If he wants to go abroad and win trophies in a lesser league, he can go knock himself out.
If he wants to stay with us & fight to win something on merit, I’m delighted. Give him a Kane wage.
The only thing I’d hate is if he fucked off to a club in the PL

I hope he has more sense than to play the Campbell game.
Nice post. I would think/hope he would never join another prem team.

He has magnificent for us. I prey he would love to stay with us.

I get he has a dream to play for Barca but what if they are not keen on him?

Eriksen, sen, sen; He’s our number 23.
Eriksen, sen, sen; Came to play for AVB.
To the left to the right; He’s our midfield Dynamite.
When he plays for the Lilywhites; He makes Özil look shite.

I believe he will never be more loved than he is at Tottenham.

Stay.

Nice post. I would think/hope he would never join another prem team.

He has magnificent for us. I prey he would love to stay with us.

I get he has a dream to play for Barca but what if they are not keen on him?

Eriksen, sen, sen; He’s our number 23.
Eriksen, sen, sen; Came to play for AVB.
To the left to the right; He’s our midfield Dynamite.
When he plays for the Lilywhites; He makes Özil look shite.

I believe he will never be more loved than he is at Tottenham.
Barca not a good fit for him imo. He won’t be forgiven for off spells. He will just warm their bench. So he won’t ever be more loved there than he is here.
He can dream all he wants but if the offer is high enough, he’s on a winner here with us. It’s up to him. He will have been offered top dollar. He is a smart man. I honestly think he will sign for us. If he doesn’t then he can go abroad.
My only gripe would be if he started flashing his tits to a PL club.

I have a feeling Eriksens definitely going this summer but it isn’t all Eriksens decision, I think they have taken the contract talks as far as they can (there has litterly been no talk about it for months now) and Pochettino is prepared to raise some serious funds this summer.
Must state, I hope he stays and we find the players Pochettino wants by other means.

I have a feeling Eriksens definitely going this summer but it isn’t all Eriksens decision, I think they have taken the contract talks as far as they can (there has litterly been no talk about it for months now) and Pochettino is prepared to raise some serious funds this summer.
Must state, I hope he stays and we find the players Pochettino wants by other means.
I would say to Daniel Levy: Eriksen has to stay and we need a mid and forward back up. Do not use the new stadium costs as an excuse, squeeze Uncle Joe and some of our directors for cash: Get the fans to chip in do a fund raiser its not impossible!

I would say to Daniel Levy: Eriksen has to stay and we need a mid and forward back up. Do not use the new stadium costs as an excuse, squeeze Uncle Joe and some of our directors for cash: Get the fans to chip in do a fund raiser its not impossible!
I do hear ya....but we ain’t selling Kane, Son or Alli so the one big cash hitter left is Eriksen. I think Eriksen might know that it’s got to the point of either take the deal we offered or we cash you in. He’s probably mulling this over right now. One way or the other I expect him to really up his game in the run in.

Eriksen is somewhat lacking in ability to create chance for himself like Son so he has to link up with someone. I saw him getting mad at Llorente few times in last couple matches. And he did make some good passes which Llorente failed to convert. He's just missing Kane and Ali. He'll be back to his usual.

I've said before I think he's off in the summer , not saying I want him to go but with hes contact running down there's no way we won't cash in.

Eriksen is somewhat lacking in ability to create chance for himself like Son so he has to link up with someone. I saw him getting mad at Llorente few times in last couple matches. And he did make some good passes which Llorente failed to convert. He's just missing Kane and Ali. He'll be back to his usual.

That was the sort of stuff being said about him with the national team here in Denmark for ages, ie he's not performing at top level because of level, or lack thereof, of the team mates.

And yet, he suddenly sprung to life as our head coach was, finally, changed. Been absolutely on fire for two years. Despite no one being anywhere near Kane, Alli level. So I don't really buy into that argumentation.

He can still create space and chances for himself, and the same for others, even if they're not the world beater that is Kane.

That was the sort of stuff being said about him with the national team here in Denmark for ages, ie he's not performing at top level because of level, or lack thereof, of the team mates.

And yet, he suddenly sprung to life as our head coach was, finally, changed. Been absolutely on fire for two years. Despite no one being anywhere near Kane, Alli level. So I don't really buy into that argumentation.

He can still create space and chances for himself, and the same for others, even if they're not the world beater that is Kane.
what about Nikolas Bendtner. I heard he thinks he's the best striker in the world

Based on this piece of piss article? It's contradicting itself.

You can safely assume everything in the Express is fiction.

Spot on!

“I think the player has already decided he’s going to go. I think he’s going to go,” Townsend told The Debate on Sky Sports.

Once a player gets to this point, I don’t think you’re playing contract poker with the club"

Meanwhile just before this "revelation" from Townsend, they use a months old quote from Eriksen.

Eriksen recently told TV3 Sport: "I think people know what I want, and I know what they [Tottenham] would like. There is a nice dialogue so there is nothing [new] there."

So basically, they're just having an out-of-touch former footballer having a stab at guessing someone's mind, and presenting it as fact :dembelefingers::dembelefingers::dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom