Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's our best player in my opinion, marginally ahead of Kane because while we can score without Harry we really struggle against good opponents without Eriksen.

Will be a disaster if we sell him.

Pay the man £200k a week, or stop pretending to have elite ambitions.

He’s truly world class - only differences between him and KDB is that he isn’t doped and he hs the entire creative burden of a team on his back; imagine how good he’d be if he played next to Silva with genuine wingers to feed.

If Levy allows Eriksen and Alderweireld leave in the same summer, he can be proud of having the best stadium in the Europa League moving forward, because that’s where he club’s heading.

He's not gonna go anywhere.

However, hypothetically, why would he go to PSG? The only answer is 'money'. They are not the elite...they don't have the prestige. If you want the prestige of playing for the best clubs your choice is limited - Barca, Real & Bayern probably. The rest can only offer shallow league victories and money - mercenaries pick those. Christian doesn't strike me as a mercenary.

However, hypothetically, why would he go to PSG? The only answer is 'money'. They are not the elite...they don't have the prestige. If you want the prestige of playing for the best clubs your choice is limited - Barca, Real & Bayern probably. The rest can only offer shallow league victories and money - mercenaries pick those. Christian doesn't strike me as a mercenary.

Yeah I’m not worried about PSG (unless Levy proactively wants the money) but if he has a good World Cup on top of the season he’s had, every big club in Europe will consider him. It’s essential that he feels valued and financially rewarded to encourage him to continue here, because he honestly would improve every team in Europe.

Yeah I’m not worried about PSG (unless Levy proactively wants the money) but if he has a good World Cup on top of the season he’s had, every big club in Europe will consider him. It’s essential that he feels valued and financially rewarded to encourage him to continue here, because he honestly would improve every team in Europe.

I agree he'd improve every team but the reality is now that not many teams are a step up from us so there are two reasons to leave - money or playing for a 'prestige' club. I may be wrong, but Eriksen doesn't strike me as he'd leave for the money so the pool of possible clubs becomes less. Only my opinion of course.

Mind you, I wouldn't wanna be him if he ever did decide to go. He's my missus' favourite and she can't half turn when angry! All the money in the world wouldn't save him from that scorn!

If Barca come for him he's as good as gone. They'r the only team (and maybe Real) I'd be worried if they show interest.

Thankfully, Barca will be spending loads on Griezmann so they won't be able to afford signing two marquee signings in one window.

Real are packed in his position, Bayern never spend north of 100m on one player, Juve can't afford him and P$G are in 2nd rate league, highly unlikely he'll go there.

If Barca come for him he's as good as gone. They'r the only team (and maybe Real) I'd be worried if they show interest.

Thankfully, Barca will be spending loads on Griezmann so they won't be able to afford signing two marquee signings in one window.

Real are packed in his position, Bayern never spend north of 100m on one player, Juve can't afford him and P$G are in 2nd rate league, highly unlikely he'll go there.

Its unlikely, but not impossible, Griezmann will still be at Atleti next season. There have been some positive noises coming from their camp recently that he will stay for one more season. Christian appears to be level headed, typically Scandinavian in approach. Hes clearly happy at the club. He might see Spurs as his journey too.

Enjoyed seeing him deeper today. Actually thought he played well and was one of our best players.

Biggest problem? We had no Eriksen in the attacking third.

So that either means we need to revert to a 4-3-3 if we're wanting to play Eriksen deeper, which could happen with Lucas/Son/Bale/Sessegnon either side of Kane next season or today showed how much we really need a ball playing central midfielder, which we already have in Winks.

Next season is huge. We need to evolve and evolution means either new personnel or new formations.

Eriksen is our best player. If we receive an offer commensurate with his market value (well in excess of Coutinho's) and he wants to leave, then the stars are aligned and he must go. The club is bigger, and he is a mere speck on our shit but long history. Modric was, probably is, better. There will be more players like this. If the stars align, we will obey the gods.

Eriksen is our best player. If we receive an offer commensurate with his market value (well in excess of Coutinho's) and he wants to leave, then the stars are aligned and he must go. The club is bigger, and he is a mere speck on our shit but long history. Modric was, probably is, better. There will be more players like this. If the stars align, we will obey the gods.
Not sure if you are being sarcastic but whilst I agree Eriksen is our best player, he must not leave and there are unlikely to be more players like him that will come to Spurs.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but whilst I agree Eriksen is our best player, he must not leave and there are unlikely to be more players like him that will come to Spurs.
People say that about all the great players we sell. It was only five years ago that Bale left for a world transfer record fee. An irreplaceable player; but we still sell them and we still move on in our own way.

That's the second premier league of the month award that we've had this season that the BBC didn't agree with.
The BBC one on Match of the Day is entirely dependent upon the public vote, whereas I think it’s only a small portion of the weighting for the official premier league goal of the month?

Means Liverpool and Woolwich can’t just mass vote their goals into winning every time.

Back
Top Bottom