Christian Eriksen, it wasn’t supposed to end like this

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since his Premier League debut on 14 September 2013, Eriksen has assisted the most goals (62), created the most chances (570) and scored the most goals from outside the box (23) & from direct free-kicks (8) in the competition.

Which other creative midfielders have been in the PL since 2013 and have played regularly?

Jose also said he was aware of the fans feelings as no doubt Eriksen is. If the fans want to get the best out of Eriksen on Tuesday then they should cheer his name but if not boo it. If they do the latter before the match they are not true Spurs fans.

Jose also said he was aware of the fans feelings as no doubt Eriksen is. If the fans want to get the best out of Eriksen on Tuesday then they should cheer his name but if not boo it. If they do the latter before the match they are not true Spurs fans.

What exactly would I be cheering?

You would be encouraging him to play well and feel he has the supporters behind him rather than feeling crap after his reception last Saturday. It is up to the opposition supporters to boo our players not our supporters.
Whilst he has the shirt on his back he’s one of ours. Once he leaves then I might hope he does badly but not before

You would be encouraging him to play well and feel he has the supporters behind him rather than feeling crap after his reception last Saturday. It is up to the opposition supporters to boo our players not our supporters.

I've never booed a player in my life (only booed Spurs off once) but if he receives boos it's completely deserved. If the fans see players putting the effort in then they respond accordingly. If a player comes out in the media after a pathetic performance in the CL final telling everyone he wants to leave for Madrid/Barca then continues to put in pathetic performances for the next 6 months, it's not the fans job to make the player feel good again. We pay his wages, not the other way around.

I've never booed a player in my life (only booed Spurs off once) but if he receives boos it's completely deserved. If the fans see players putting the effort in then they respond accordingly. If a player comes out in the media after a pathetic performance in the CL final telling everyone he wants to leave for Madrid/Barca then continues to put in pathetic performances for the next 6 months, it's not the fans job to make the player feel good again. We pay his wages, not the other way around.
Fair enough. I misunderstood your post that you agreed with booing him.

Willian, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Jonjo Shelvey, Samir Nasri, Jesse Lingard, Robert Snodgrass, Mesut Özil, Juan Mata and Charlie Adam

Nasri has made 6 PL appearances since 2016.
Shelvey spent a year in the Championship.
Ozil has only managed more than 26 PL matches twice in 6 full seasons.
Snodgrass made 1 PL appearance between 2014-2016 seasons.
Lingard made 1 PL appearance between 2013-2015.

I think you've missed the point.

While I don't encourage booing of any of our fans do you really believe that? Do you really believe he gives a shite about the club or about us as fans any more than he did about Ajax and their fans when he did exactly the same thing to them? All Eriksen wants to do is either get out in January or stay injury free till the summer. Its well within his right for him to do what he is doing but to suggest we should be cheering him for it? FUCK CLEAN OFF.

It’s similar to having a girlfriend you’ve broken up with but you still live together. Unbearable

Especially if that GF wanted a bigger richer more successful man after years of having quite a good relationship, then at the end she promised she loved you and would stay... if a richer more successful man came along. Then in the end she left for a bit of foreign tart in a less challenging field of work. who had a villa in Italy.

Paid 11 million got the best years out of him...his head was turned, form turned to dog shit...things got a little bitter towards the end. Sold him made a profit......happy days. Bye Chrissie and thank you. My mind will eventually rid itself of the turmoil and rank performances and remember the class act you were....

Back
Top Bottom