Christian Benteke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Benteke is a superior option to me over Lukaku leading the line

But for a guy who is always getting up in the air and coming down hard on his feet, this injury to Benteke is very concerning. He is still very young though, so you would have to think he will return 100%.

Likely not fit to 2015, Spurs will need to be cautious if he is at the top of their wish list

I may be completely imagining this but I seem to remember reading about benteke when he first joined villa and there seemed to be a consensus from a lot of Belgium fans that he would flop in the prem. Has his game really come on since he joined villa or did I just read a dodgy article
He always had 'potential' but not consitency nor confidence, Paul Lambert always repeats it : he doesnt know how good he actually is thus he doesnt play like he is that good.

Benteke is a superior option to me over Lukaku leading the line

But for a guy who is always getting up in the air and coming down hard on his feet, this injury to Benteke is very concerning. He is still very young though, so you would have to think he will return 100%.

Likely not fit to 2015, Spurs will need to be cautious if he is at the top of their wish list

Excellent and realistic assessment. It is Benteke's willingness and ability to retrieve the ball from the air that would've made him a fantastic option for us. I watched him as Villa hosted Woolwich a couple months ago, and I don't think he allowed Meatsacker to get to a single first ball in the air. Likely the only striker in the league capable of such a thing and turning to get into a decent attacking position (Bony could win it, but he usually just dishes it off with his next touch in such a scenario).

This injury is a damn shame. He pretty clearly wanted to come to Spurs last summer, and he would've been absolutely perfect for us. Either Remy or Lukaku could certainly do a job for us, but I'd expect there'd be a slightly longer settling period for either of those players with us. Either this veto or AVB deciding to go into the season with one recognized senior left back is the single worst thing AVB did to our club.

Excellent and realistic assessment. It is Benteke's willingness and ability to retrieve the ball from the air that would've made him a fantastic option for us. I watched him as Villa hosted Woolwich a couple months ago, and I don't think he allowed Meatsacker to get to a single first ball in the air. Likely the only striker in the league capable of such a thing and turning to get into a decent attacking position (Bony could win it, but he usually just dishes it off with his next touch in such a scenario).

This injury is a damn shame. He pretty clearly wanted to come to Spurs last summer, and he would've been absolutely perfect for us. Either Remy or Lukaku could certainly do a job for us, but I'd expect there'd be a slightly longer settling period for either of those players with us. Either this veto or AVB deciding to go into the season with one recognized senior left back is the single worst thing AVB did to our club.

Right now a lukaku bony combo would be amazing, your right benteke is great in the air but there is more to his game than air power, Andy Carroll is the strongest aerial player in the prem, I've seen him bully john terry but I wouldn't want him at spurs, benteke has pace and skill as well.

Benteke injury should mean that we don't go for him in summer 2014.
Everton if they get 4th means that Lukaku more likely to be at Everton.
So THFC need to think about another target.

Benteke injury should mean that we don't go for him in summer 2014.
Everton if they get 4th means that Lukaku more likely to be at Everton.
So THFC need to think about another target.

Lukaku jumping into the arms of Martinez, for me, sealed that he would choose them over us anyday

Lukaku jumping into the arms of Martinez, for me, sealed that he would choose them over us anyday
gareth-bale-and-avb-andre-villas-boas-hug-goal-celebration-transfer-real-madrid.jpg

:vdvcry:

You cruel bastard!

Though it seems odd doesn't it. Last season we were flying high and achieving so much... Yet did we achieve anything more than we will this season?

It's a painful sight alright :(

It's strange, even though we'll achieve the same like you said, I look back on last year and I seem to remember it being better than it actually was, rose tinted and all that I guess, also probably doesn't help that I really miss Bale :(

I wonder if Daniel would be thinking ok Lukaku is not going to happen.
What if I just hang onto Ade and Soldado and then at January go for Benteke if he recovers any form after the injury ?

I wonder if Daniel would be thinking ok Lukaku is not going to happen.
What if I just hang onto Ade and Soldado and then at January go for Benteke if he recovers any form after the injury ?

Villa wouldn't sell in January, they rely on him too much to drag them out of relegation, plus replacements for him would be inflated..tbh after lukaku's performance against the gooners I think we need to go all out for him...whether the chavs will sell him to us is another question..

Villa wouldn't sell in January, they rely on him too much to drag them out of relegation, plus replacements for him would be inflated..tbh after lukaku's performance against the gooners I think we need to go all out for him...whether the chavs will sell him to us is another question..

They definitely won't.

You cruel bastard!

Though it seems odd doesn't it. Last season we were flying high and achieving so much... Yet did we achieve anything more than we will this season?

Nope but if we are lucky we can miss the EL next season unlike this season, new manager, no shitty away games in Moldova, fresh start.

Back
Top Bottom