Christian Benteke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's early but really hoping we get benteke.

Have just read that his got injured during training and will be out for the next 6 months missing both the end of this season and the World Cup.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Benteke-ruled-World-Cup-achilles-injury.html

This could be ether a good or bad thing. Bad because he will more than likely miss the start of next season and be coming back off a serious injury. Good because his potential performances in the PL/World Cup will not be able to inflate his price.

I know lukaku has been floated around and I would take him in a heartbeat but if it came down to a one or the other I think benteke trumps in for me..

Apologies if he already has a thread. I did search and could not find it..

Achilles tendon tears are not easy to recover from. It'll probably be at least a year until he's back up to a pace and form where he'd want to be. This injury does not suggest a bargain, it suggests what should unfortunately represent a cul-de-sac in our interest.

Achilles tendon tears are not easy to recover from. It'll probably be at least a year until he's back up to a pace and form where he'd want to be. This injury does not suggest a bargain, it suggests what should unfortunately represent a cul-de-sac in our interest.

Do you think this means we pull out all stops for lukaku? Is he a realistic target? Do you have anyone else you'd like to throw into the fray?

I would have loved us to have got benteke but think we need to rule that out now. Personally I'd like us to take a chance on Michu

Damn damn damn damn damn , we were really counting on Benteke - Lukaku is a decent alternative for your NT but we need to change the way we play , Lukaku is not a target man so we need to go fast and sharp on the counter

:baeshock:
nope, not in the way Benteke is - their style is completely different and above all Benteke can play on his own, hold up play, has better technique and control

Lukaku is a lot better when he gets to use his strenght, speed and nose for goals

When you play with Lukaku, there are more chances that the ball will come back a lot faster, Benteke can hold a ball and allow the team to close. Two different strikers both with strenghts and weaknesses but for the style Belgium plays, Benteke is a lot more suited.

ITK straight from the top table.
heard a whisper that Levy has assigned Sir Les, to fast track Toda into a goal scoring machine, with a view to Spurs return.

#toptable #shirtsales #newstadia
:adegrin2::levylol:

2319855-why_not_both.jpg

ITK straight from the top table.
heard a whisper that Levy has assigned Sir Les, to fast track Toda into a goal scoring machine, with a view to Spurs return.

#toptable #shirtsales #newstadia
:adegrin2::levylol:

Considering how Ferdinand was for us, he might be better off with Freund...

I'd rather have Lukaku to be honest. Has been more consistent than Benteke, with no consistency at 1 club either.

And I don't want us hoofing the ball up to a 10 foot giant. Keep it on the floor.

I'd love Adrian Ramos from Hertha, but I think he is ear-marked for Dortmund unless they go for Drmic, though doubt it as he's young and unproven.

Damn damn damn damn damn , we were really counting on Benteke - Lukaku is a decent alternative for your NT but we need to change the way we play , Lukaku is not a target man so we need to go fast and sharp on the counter
I may be completely imagining this but I seem to remember reading about benteke when he first joined villa and there seemed to be a consensus from a lot of Belgium fans that he would flop in the prem. Has his game really come on since he joined villa or did I just read a dodgy article

Lukaku has a donkey football brain, if you watch Everton play you'll normally spot him doing something wrong be it not making a run or simply being unable to see a runner on a counter, i've seen it happen several times and it doesn't look like he's making an effort to improve his decision making, Benteke whilst not amongst the goals as he was last season is the superior player IMO.

Lukaku has a donkey football brain, if you watch Everton play you'll normally spot him doing something wrong be it not making a run or simply being unable to see a runner on a counter, i've seen it happen several times and it doesn't look like he's making an effort to improve his decision making, Benteke whilst not amongst the goals as he was last season is the superior player IMO.
I like donkeys.

Back
Top Bottom