Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a fact to you, not to me hence it's not actually a fact mate.

What is a fact however is that both Chelsea and Woolwich are bigger, more successful and have more money to throw at things than we do, that's just how it has been for some time now if we look at the last 20 years.

As Mourinho said, they started withna World Cup winning striker, had a backup England number 9 on the bench and a backup Belgium striker sitting in the stands. We don't have such luxuries, we aren't of the same model Chelsea etc are so it's practical to think it'll be tougher for us than it is for them etc.
It’s happened quicker than anticipated, but Mourinho is using the same tactics he used in his final season at United, and that is to brainwash fans into believing that the universe is conspiring against us, that we have no hope in any game because of injuries etc all in order to make fans ignore the fact that his tactics are absolute toilet and they are shown up time and time again in the modern game. The man has seriously made some fans believe that we had no hope today against a bang average Chelsea team with Olivier Fucking Giroud up front. Seriously man wake up and smell the coffee. There has been absolutely no semblance of a game plan in any of the games Mourinho has been in charge of us. We just sit back, hope we can nick the ball then pass it up to the fast skillful lads up top in the hope they can conjure something up. It’s eyesore inducing stuff. Then when we lose or drop points, Mourinho is straight in there bemoaning every little possible thing rather than taking any responsibility. I absolutely agree we’ve been unlucky with injuries, but seriously we’ve been without Kane many times before, but our previous manager never moaned, got on with it and we usually played some decent stuff even when he wasn’t playing. I honestly don’t understand how the players can have any confidence going into any game with Mourinho spouting that constant tripe. It’s just simply not good enough and I really hope most of our fans aren’t stupid enough to be sucked in by his bullshit.

Becoming a theme. Too stubborn to even put parrot on the bench. Even give him a few minutes game time. He "isn't ready" well how's he going to be ready???

Well if the rumours about parrots personal life are true then he has a point.

And what good would putting parrott on do? The front men are so isolated at the moment nobody would look good.

I was screaming during the game to push up as a team. They had no pace whatsoever so if we had pushed lo celso centrally and moura up top and then played 15 yards up the pitch we might have got a hold on the game and had the ball in dangerous areas.

His tactics have us trapped in our own half and our players slowly get worse because the negativity is contagious.

I'm a no nothing cunt but I've never see Tottenham Hotspur play such bad football and it doesnt even appear to be working.

Well that was a bag of shit day, It's what I expected to be honest. Kane out Son out and we played midweek where they had a full week to prepare.
That said, we picked the right team and had the players to get something, how you lot can blame Mourinho is beyond me.
The players were poor, they were tired and it showed.

For those who moan at our stadium, I suggest you go to this shit hole. It was their big day and i've seen a better atmosphere over Hackney marshes, absolutely pathetic. hey are becoming West ham levels of embarrassment.

What's this shit about VAR admitting they made a mistake whilst the game was still going on, or is that social media bollocks?

So you think that losing 67% of your goals genuinely doesn't affect how a team will perform. Let's chop one of your legs off, see if you can run just as fast Skywalker
I standby what I said mate kane playing or not would make no difference because we nearly always lose those big games, yes we might have had a couple more chances but it still would end in defeat sorry that you don't see that.

It’s happened quicker than anticipated, but Mourinho is using the same tactics he used in his final season at United, and that is to brainwash fans into believing that the universe is conspiring against us, that we have no hope in any game because of injuries etc all in order to make fans ignore the fact that his tactics are absolute toilet and they are shown up time and time again in the modern game. The man has seriously made some fans believe that we had no hope today against a bang average Chelsea team with Olivier Fucking Giroud up front. Seriously man wake up and smell the coffee. There has been absolutely no semblance of a game plan in any of the games Mourinho has been in charge of us. We just sit back, hope we can nick the ball then pass it up to the fast skillful lads up top in the hope they can conjure something up. It’s eyesore inducing stuff. Then when we lose or drop points, Mourinho is straight in there bemoaning every little possible thing rather than taking any responsibility. I absolutely agree we’ve been unlucky with injuries, but seriously we’ve been without Kane many times before, but our previous manager never moaned, got on with it and we usually played some decent stuff even when he wasn’t playing. I honestly don’t understand how the players can have any confidence going into any game with Mourinho spouting that constant tripe. It’s just simply not good enough and I really hope most of our fans aren’t stupid enough to be sucked in by his bullshit.

Me wake up and smell the coffee? We have won once there in 30 years, was playing our third game in under a week and no fit striker. I actually remain positive for the rest of the season but I am also very realistic. Without goalscorers, simply put you struggle to score goals. Is it honestly that hard for people to absorb?

Last edited:
Have calmed down a bit.

I want to know what’s going on with Skipp. Fully appreciate that he’s not some silver bullett but he looked really good when he came on against Bayern away.

He’s busy, aggressive, comfortable at DM yet we insist on playing Winks out of position.

Me wake up and smell the coffee? We have won once there in 30 years, was playing our third game in under a week and no fit striker. I actually remain positive for the rest of the season but I am also very realistic. Without goalscorers, simply put you struggle to score goals. I see it honestly that hard for people to absorb?

We nearly always do shit there. But people are a bit slow to remember these things. That was a place to try and draw. That to me would have been a good result. The fuck up was at the Lane in December with a stronger team.

Plenty of games to go. No real surprise Today.

And what good would putting parrott on do? The front men are so isolated at the moment nobody would look good.

I was screaming during the game to push up as a team. They had no pace whatsoever so if we had pushed lo celso centrally and moura up top and then played 15 yards up the pitch we might have got a hold on the game and had the ball in dangerous areas.

His tactics have us trapped in our own half and our players slowly get worse because the negativity is contagious.

I'm a no nothing cunt but I've never see Tottenham Hotspur play such bad football and it doesnt even appear to be working.

Agree on the tactics. But we are that bad not even Jose believes in us to win the ball higher up and not leave space behind. all we do is hoof it long to moura. So a bigger man would be more effective in bringing in the others around him. As useless a lump we all thought llorente was. He did that well if nothing else

Not so Special after all then??

WHAT RUMOURS??????

Point of order sir ! Poch didn't play Parrott other than in the horrible Colchester game, so no reason to believe he would now.
the point is there are still an array of attacking players at our disposal.

I didn't make the specific point that Poch would or wouldn't play him. I'm saying all those managers are well noted for their brand of football. All of them don't bemoan injuries and they look to find solutions from the players available for selection.

Love the doom and gloom after we lose. Still 33 points to play for and we’re 4 behind 4th. Chelsea have a few tough games left too. I predict one or two turns before the end of the season.

Can someone tell me:

- Since when did Stockley Park start making mid-game statements about games?
- When making their subsequent statement, why did Stockley Park also phrase things as if there had been no initial review saying that "Upon review, we confirm that it should have been a red card".
- Why is the GLC situ now being portrayed in the media as if no in-game VAR review actually took place?

Something stinks about all this.... Anyone think we may see them try to retrospectively card Gio despite the "we won't over-rule an in-game VAR judgement" protocol?

I agree with a lot of this, but its not just about having a modern manager with a system, it's also about your players having something about them.
Some good old fashioned intestinal fortitude and a will to win.

Half our team is fucking spineless and it shows.
Ndomble rolls around every time he is tackled, Vertonghen has the body language of a man who knows he is past it and is just feeling sorry for himself, Lucas is a fucking light weight, so easily pushed off the ball.
Our entire team was bullied today apart from Lo Celso and Lamela.

This is why we haven'te won, and will continue to win fuck all, half the team stand around waiting for Kane or Son to do it for them.

It doesn't matter what manager you bring in and what system they play, the end result will be the same.
I'm going to have to disagree with the take on the players. They are trying they are just so poorly coached they haven't got a fucking clue what they are doing.

Ndombele is miles off the pace, this doesn't mean he's not trying if you can't get to the ball in front of another player who is sharper when on his toes you aren't going to get there.

Body language is another get out for fans, it's not fun being played off the park, that's what shows.

I'm not a Jose fan as is abundantly clear, I will say this though that he does have this group grafting for him. Now, this might be under threat the longer we get outplayed as the faith in him dwindles. He might also ostracize a player like he did Rose (for which I've no problem with) but it's not looking great for Ndombele right now, and we'll have to see if his public slating of Dele was a good move or not.

Can someone tell me:

- Since when did Stockley Park start making mid-game statements about games?
- When making their subsequent statement, why did Stockley Park also phrase things as if there had been no initial review saying that "Upon review, we confirm that it should have been a red card".
- Why is the GLC situ now being portrayed in the media as if no in-game VAR review actually took place?

Something stinks about all this.... Anyone think we may see them try to retrospectively card Gio despite the "we won't over-rule an in-game VAR judgement" protocol?

Did they seriously say they made a mistake while the game was still being played?? no way.

Back
Top Bottom