Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

do we ..weather the storm for the first thirty and aim to get to HT 0-0... attack like mental first 30 aim to be up 1-0 HT? if we start fast i doubt our ability to hang on.... id like to absorb the pressure from the off and tire them... but not rely on Hugo pulling off five worldlies to keep it down to 2-0

Some suggestions that due to the personnel we have available then a draw would be a good result. Will have to assume we should aim to draw everything between now and end of season with that mentality.
Well Lee. Not every match will be away at a top four rival and be a London derby where we historically struggle after a tough CL game

so it remains a reasonable suggestion

..........................................Lloris

Aurier..........Tanganga...........Sanchez........Davies

................Dier................................Ndombele

....................................Lo Celso

........Lamela..........................................Bergwijn

...................................Moura

Maybe Winks for Dier (can’t decide) but that is about the best we can put out at moment. Looks a solid centre of defence. However I expect Toby and Ali to play and Ndombele on bench

Dier’s legs are gone and Ndombele hardly does the most running, you’d at least need one of Gedson or Winks in there.

Being brutally honest - just can't see us winning this.
6-A2951-F6-97-FB-42-C1-948-B-C1-C24-D88-FC98.jpg

Lo celso and N'dombele together are this season's best hope.

If they can control the ball then we can it into dangerous areas and Lucas/alli dont have to hold it up .

I’d prefer Lo Celso further forward. When we had Winks, Lo Celso and Ndombele on we looked good.

What I’d like to see. Not sure we will though.

-—————- Lloris ————-
Serg———Toby——-Sanchez——-Tanganga
—— Winks——-
———- Lo Celso—-Ndombele
———Bergwijn. ———Lamela
—- Lucas ——

Dele hasn’t looked great and his attitude has been shit as of late. We looked so much better once Ndombele and Lamela came on. We really had no force in Midfield until they played. Here’s hoping they are fit enough to start. Still don’t know where the goals are going to come from.

Haven’t watched Chelsea in a few weeks but think they are pretty beat up with injuries as well. Read That Kante, Pulisic, and Hudson-odio have all been ruled out, and Abraham is questionable.

Quite a few tired legs out there. Perfect time for Skipp to step in. Playing Winks and Skipp should provide enough energy in midfield to allow Ndombele to play farther forward and create chances for our boys up top.

Don't see Davies playing 3rd game in a row after coming back from injury.

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Tanganga
Winks - Skipp
Ndombele
Moura - Alli - Lamela

Subs as needed:
Lo Celso for Ndom
Dier for Winks/Skipp
Bergjwen for any of the front 3

Our record against them at their place is awful, so there's no cause for optimism in this sense. On the other hand, their current form is worse than ours and they're also missing some key players. I'd like to see our players fired up for once... we were shambolic against them when we played them at home. Time to show some character.
I don't care if we lose so long as we go down fighting and playing good football.

I don't care if we lose so long as we go down fighting and playing good football.

Can't expect the team to fight if the supporters aren't prepared to fight with them, tooth and nail, I'm talking dirty, scrappy kinda fighting, proper cauldron home advantage kinda stuff. Too many people just sit, expect something to happen and if it doesn't they get the arse. It's time we as a fanbase really became that 12th man, the lads need it more than ever and as a fanbase we are far better than the sulky and moany bunch we've become.

I wanna see shit like this happening lads, get proper under their skin:

tumblr_miyn4gb5zE1qi532yo4_250.gifv

Time to get into 'em Spurs, no more of this Barbie and Ken doll
Horseshit or this 21st century sulky bollocks anymore, let's fucking have some of it! :tobyarm:

Last edited:
Can't expect the team to fight if the supporters aren't prepared to fight with them, tooth and nail, I'm talking dirty, scrappy kinda fighting, proper cauldron homemade advantage kinda stuff. Too many people just sit, expect something to happen and if it doesn't they get the arse. It's time we as a fanbase really became that 12th man, the lads need it more than ever and as a fanbase we are far better than the sulky and moany bunch we've become.

I wanna see shit like this happening lads, get proper under their skin:

tumblr_miyn4gb5zE1qi532yo4_250.gifv

Time to get into 'em Spurs, no more of this Barbie and Ken doll
Horseshit or this 21st century sulky bollocks anymore, let's fucking have some of it! :tobyarm:
Bring on Lamela.

Back
Top Bottom