Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even playing those 3 up front, and with Bergwijn and Moura looking knackered this evening, I think you will find Dele and maybe Sessegnon on in the 2nd half for them.

My assessment of Ndomebele's ability to last more than 45 minutes doesn't change, so only question is who comes on for him probably after 45 mins - Gedson who on his debut was probably the least influential player this evening, Dier with all the flaws we know or Skipp who has hardly played this season. No easy choices ?

You'd just bring on Dele after 60 minutes and play him in front of Winks/Lo Celso who were exceptional against City together.

You'd just bring on Dele after 60 minutes and play him in front of Winks/Lo Celso who were exceptional against City together.

I'm pretty sure that Bergwijn and/or Moura wont last the full 90 minutes (they looked knackered this evening), leaving only Sessegnon as an option to sub a forward - unless we get very creative and play Vertonghen as a left winger (shades of his 2nd half Dortmund performance a year or two ago ?)

5ppIn7O.jpg

Gazza, Cirkin, Toby, Winks, Sessegnon, Alli, Parrott

Foyth doesn't love you anymore either.

Hugo
Aurier / Toby / Dav / Davies
Gedson / Winks / GLC
Lucas / Dele / Bergwijn​

+ Lamela & Ndombele impact subs.

Foyth doesn't love you anymore either.
Until we get a proper DM, I'll still be including my sweet Foythy in rotation in MF, along with Tanganga.

Tanganga, though, has emerged as the better option.

Feeling him next to Sanchez for this game, though.

Geds and Lo Celso will be fine in there for this game (and certain other games), both can handle themselves.

And if Ndombele felt so inclined, he might drop back a little to help muck in on occasion.

I don’t care who plays , just don’t fucking lose! Early kick off as well , still need to give chelsea an extra day for there CL game mid week I guess, we must have really fucked of who ever is in charge of scheduling !

Until we get a proper DM, I'll still be including my sweet Foythy in rotation in MF, along with Tanganga.

Tanganga, though, has emerged as the better option.

Feeling him next to Sanchez for this game, though.

Geds and Lo Celso will be fine in there for this game (and certain other games), both can handle themselves.

He's not even on your bench.

Add Sessegnon as an impact sub and I'm with you. I'd even be open to Sess starting ahead of Bergwijn if it means we can use Stevie as an impact type player if he's got heavy legs this evening. Tanguy and Lamela off the bench is all good with me.

Tbh, I'd expect Sessengon to get swallowed up in a game like this.

Tbh, I'd expect Sessengon to get swallowed up in a game like this.

Yeah me too but if Lucas and Bergwijn are cream crackered early doors I'd rather see us do what we can for as long a season possible with Lamela and Sessegnon. I'd rather start with freshness and use the match winners for impact if required. All comes down to who's fittest and most fresh. That 2 day break between games is a bit of a killer for the lads, not really fair especially with us playing Sunday vs Villa as well.

If we had Son I think we'd walk this, but without him we just don't have a goal threat.

We need to go there and be hard to break down, conquer the midfield and play on the break.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Tanganga
Winks
Ndombele - Lo Celso
Lucas - Lamela - Bergwijn​

Back
Top Bottom