Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'd say that our lack of decent forward options suits protecting a scoreline against predictable Chelsea who will pass the ball for days. Can i see Poch playing hoof it up on the break? If we defend like we did yesterday then we are fucked either way.

The press are all wanking over Emery's tactical "masterstroke" i.e. do what Tottenham did when they beat Chelsea (and Everton and Utd before that). But it's another example of how easy it is to nullify Sarriball if you have the discipline and then energy.

Play the diamond again, KWP and Rose to do the damage out wide. Only question is who takes up the Jorginho stalking role? Lamela.... Winks?

Gazza
KWP Sanchez Toby Rose
Dier
Winks Eriksen
Lamela
Llornete Moura

Luckily we aren't riddled with injuries defensively and Chelsea only managed to record 1 shot on target v Woolwich so there's still hope for us yet imo - Hopefully we can scrape through to the final by the skins of our teeth and and Harry & co are back in time to face City.

Having said that, moving forward we have 3 very winnable home Prem games to come after Palace away in the FA cup so it's not all doom & gloom.

Bare bones for the 2nd leg of the semi no doubt, but, I'd probably start with the following (3 at the back again)...

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Eriksen - Dier - Winks - Lamela
Lucas Moura

Unfortunately there won't be many bench options available to Poch but we've built a rod for our own back with not adding depth in the summer.

Park the bus and hope for the best... COYS!!!

:tobyarm:

Last edited:
Moura's pace will be essential in this game I feel.

As long as he is fit we need to use him from the start. We cannot afford to be chasing the game.

Onus is obviously on Pochettino getting the team right but thereafter it's down to the players.

Eriksen and Lamela, if he starts have to get that ball to Moura quickly.

I suspect however that it will be Winks and Dier in the middle of a 3 alongside Eriksen.

Moura in ahead or alongside Llorente.

I would also start with Rose and Aurier.

Totti Totti the fuck is this? I thought you werent allowed to edit squads between replays.

This isn't a callout of you btw. Just a callback to our earlier discussion

I was certain it wasnt possible.

I'm sure it happened to a team before. May even have been us.

Even if so, it'd be brave to start him in such a big game off the bat.

I think he'll start. Sarri's a stubborn cunt that won't give a fuck....

Yeah if Higuain is registered in time I fully expect him to start. Correct me if I'm wrong but we didn't have Toby fit when we played Juve last season? Hopefully he'll keep him quiet.

……… …Gazza………
……Toby, Sanchez, Verts……
KWP…………Dier……………Rose
…………………Winks ……
………Lamela ……Eriksen
………………Lucas……

Higuain can only go to Chelsea when Milan have a replacement. The Genoa sporting director said a deal for Piatek is 48 hours away. Don’t think Higuain will be a Chelsea player in time

The main reason the scum beat Chelsea at the weekend is because they were way more up for it. Even at the end of the game Aubameyang was flying into tackles deep in their own half.

Chelsea are brittle. Get amongst them and they don’t like it. Considering our injuries I think the same tactic is our best bet. Effort above skill will close out this game for us. That and Skipp tapping out Hazard with a Boston crab

When they are trying to get top four this is arguably less important than the league, I know perhaps not from a fan perspective but for the club. I think he will start and it worries me

Would go with a 5-3-2 if Moura is fit.

Gazza
KWP, Alderweireld, Sanchez/ Foyth, Vertonghen, Rose
Dier, Skipp, Winks/Eriksen
Lorente, Moura
If they decide once again to not play with a proper striker then let them have the ball and hit them on the counter. May not be pretty, but who gives a damn?

We never play for a draw, which is a shame because sometimes we should.

we're without our top players, tattered with injuries, I am fine with seeing this out with a 0-0

Channel ac Milan at the lane in 2011 it wasn’t good for the heart but got the job done

Hate to sound negative but without Son and Kane I was dreading this, now we have to do it without Ali to? Sorry, but that’s 60+ goals a season missing. I think they are going to be right up for this and we have nothing upfront, meaning we literally are playing for a draw. Dangerous game and can see us getting knocked out :(
You hate to sound negative?
I hate to tell you this, but you're not exactly upbeat in your general posting style.

----------------Gazzaniga, Lloris, Vorm-------------------
Alderweireld----------Sanchez--------------Vertonghen
-------------No 17 Bus------------No 243 Bus-------------
-------------Aurier---Dier---Winks---Rose-----------------
-----------------------Llorente's mum------------------------

Job done. Wembley here we come! Oh wait...

----------------Gazzaniga, Lloris, Vorm-------------------
Alderweireld----------Sanchez--------------Vertonghen
-------------No 17 Bus------------No 243 Bus-------------
-------------Aurier---Dier---Winks---Rose-----------------
-----------------------Llorente's mum------------------------

Job done. Wembley here we come! Oh wait...
I'd replace the 243 with the N29.That's not a bus, it's a lunatic asylum on wheels, so if it starts to go wrong we'll just get all the passengers on the top deck to run on the pitch..

Back
Top Bottom