Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just changing the subject slightly if the roles had been reversed does anyone think that Poch would have shown up for post match interview with his lap top to allegedly show how hard done by he was ? Sarri looked like a complete dick head doing that . But then again he is Chelsea coach and they are generally dick heads anyway.

It’s significant if the ref gets it wrong last night.
We go into the second leg level, & that cunt Oliver (who I wouldn’t trust to tie his shoe laces) could even have booked Kane for diving.

It’s also significant if you are a team bang in trouble and get a horror show refereeing decision that leaves you in an even deeper pile of shite.
It's probably in these first 70 pages, but Oliver really tried to screw us, I felt. He gave fouls for Chelsea and then a minute later the same infraction gets commited against Kane, and he just stood there like a scarecrow! Infuriating!
And I remain unconvinced that Lamela committed a foul when he went into the box. To me that looked like a foul on Lamela and we ought to have had a free kick! (Although I could be biased!)

Agree..... Its always Gazza - Sanchez - Toby..... And then they know its always going to Rose so they've closed him down before the ball even gets to him.... He then either loses it or at best we get a throw in when he plays it straight in to the attacker.....

It's high risk for minimal to no gain.

Also - is it me or does Dele look a bit leggy tonight? Not been too spritely in that half.

Suffering from playing such a strong team against fucking Tranmere. Makes it hard to believe this fatigue bollocks. Put out a weaker team and even if we lose, we have a fresher team for a chance to get to a final. We definitely cannot compete in every tournament with our squad. Our bench yesterday just said it all really. Although not sure why poch didn't out lamela and llorente on earlier. Maybe our away form gives us some kind of edge 2nd leg

Just changing the subject slightly if the roles had been reversed does anyone think that Poch would have shown up for post match interview with his lap top to allegedly show how hard done by he was ? Sarri looked like a complete dick head doing that . But then again he is Chelsea coach and they are generally dick heads anyway.

How it wasn't a free kick for son earlier + red or their keeper wasn't given a red is beyond me. Saari showed it from behind the play. Plenty of replays and people in the var room says it was a pen. Case closed

How fuckin pathetic. So small time

So what now ? All management turn up at the press holding laptops with different aspects of the same decision

So we can have a post VAR of a VAR decision

Utter prick

It was the most small-time thing I can remember a premier league manager doing in a post match interview. Sky's production values are high and there he is with his little laptop holding it up for the camera. I'd be well embarrassed if that was my club/manager, doing that.

He was onside.
VAR is getting decisions right in very high percentage. Much higher than human eye of ref during the game. And if sometimes ref gets it wrong, it's not VAR fault, it's fault of that idiotic ref. But decisions are most of the time SPOT ON and thats the most important thing.
It's just getting started, first season ffs, have some patience. It will improve surely.

And if someone tell me controversy makes football great, just fuck off. It doesn't. It makes football terrible. Losing in CL knock-out stage, big PL game, or even random fucking game because of wrong decision by the ref is terrible feeling. We all know that, why do we pretend like is normal and great for football?

Would you rather that game ended 0:0, but sure, thoose 90 sec wouldn't be there, fucking 90 sec ruined the game and Harry goal for everyone. Oh please give me a break.

Adrian Durham reckons he was off and it was a blatant dive anyway!

Cunt

Imagine thinking he dived.

Check out from 22 seconds in, remarkable how Kane has learnt how to develop a gravitational pull on physical objects to master the art of diving. Kepa's shirt miraculously pulls away from his tucked in shorts at coincidentally the same time that Harry masterfully pretends he's touched him:

He really is a master of pretending he got touched isn't he?

I got annoyed with Winks tonight. He kept recycling it back I nto the defence when Chelsea were in full press and he had options forward that would have taken pressure off. There’s sticking to the plan and then there’s using your brain.

Sissoko deserves a lot of credit for attempting to break the press. Whilst he might have been guilty of losing possession he did so after gaining a lot of yards and giving the back line a break... pretty much the only player that managed it apart from Toby hitting a few long balls in the first half.

There wasn’t any real pressing until Poch had a word in Dele’s ear second half and he dropped back and went hunting, so credit for that. He would have had a poor game otherwise. We were content to be on our heels most of the game and fall back to our box. Watching Alonso swallow yards uncontested over and over wasn’t very pleasant to watch.

I know it was the game plan but I thought we rode our luck tonight. Defence were all great, Gazza saved us but midfield was poor and that was Eriksen’s worst performance for a while. If you’re going to play for the counter then you need to, you know, counter.

Despite all that we have the lead going into the second leg so what the fuck do I know?

:eriksenlol:

I love Winks and think he will improve under Poch but lately he’s been playing like a right footed Vinnie Samways

Fucking teams like united and Liverpool and Chelsea have been scamming and scheming their way to cups and leagues for years.

We get a few and all of a sudden the toys are out the pram.

Fuck the cunts

Back
Top Bottom