Cheese & Cucumber Sandwichgate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?
I took a cheese and cucumber sandwich to the first test event at the new stadium (Under 18's vs Southampton U18's) and it flew through security - no problem at all.

Today, I took an IDENTICAL cheese & cucumber sandwich to the West Ham game and it was CONFISCATED - chucked, without ceremony, into a wheelie bin.

I admit it was crap sliced white bread, but PLEASE, let's have some consistency.

To add insult to injury, I was allowed to take my 4 tomatoes through. If it's a safety issue, what would YOU rather throw - a cheese & cucumber sandwich or a tomato? If it's a food issue, how come tomatoes aren't food?

Csetu0w.jpg

Where did you get Spurs logo bread from?
It's not Spurs Logo Bread - it's normal bread and I press my plastic Spurs Toast Logo Maker into it.

You'll be pleased to know I didn't let the bastards beat me - I made another sandwich as soon as I got home.

Anyway - what's the official ruling? Can I take my sarnies in or not ffs???

I took a cheese and cucumber sandwich to the first test event at the new stadium (Under 18's vs Southampton U18's) and it flew through security - no problem at all.

Today, I took an IDENTICAL cheese & cucumber sandwich to the West Ham game and it was CONFISCATED - chucked, without ceremony, into a wheelie bin.

I admit it was crap sliced white bread, but PLEASE, let's have some consistency.

To add insult to injury, I was allowed to take my 4 tomatoes through. If it's a safety issue, what would YOU rather throw - a cheese & cucumber sandwich or a tomato? If it's a food issue, how come tomatoes aren't food?

Csetu0w.jpg

Did you buy that bread at the Spurs mega store?

With respect, you still haven't told me why you feel I've posted in the wrong section. I'm commenting on an aspect of the stadium (security in this case).

I have taken the unilateral decision to award mummy mummy the poster of the day prize.

Disclaimer.

There’s not actually a prize, just thought this is an excellent thread. Made extra special by the appearance of Spurs branded bread. It’s the attention to detail that really sorts the men from the boys.

Csetu0w.jpg
This sandwich has cheered me up no end 👍

Back
Top Bottom