Cheese & Cucumber Sandwichgate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But you cut it into rectangles like a crazy person.

Who cuts a sandwich from left to right?! The only socially acceptable ways are diagonal or top to bottom, and that is determined by the shape of the loaf. Wide loaves get cut top to bottom, standard loaves get cut diagonal. Everyone but sociopaths knows this.

download-1-24.jpg
SO I'M LEFT-HANDED - YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? : ostrich:

It's not Spurs Logo Bread - it's normal bread and I press my plastic Spurs Toast Logo Maker into it.

You'll be pleased to know I didn't let the bastards beat me - I made another sandwich as soon as I got home.

Anyway - what's the official ruling? Can I take my sarnies in or not ffs???
Ty from AFTV will be apoplectic you’re beating him on the merch

I can honestly say that at nearly 43 years old I have never seen a sandwich cut this crazy way or even had an inkling to cut one this way. It's no wonder we fought for our independence.
Aaaaah - didn't know you were Scottish. That explains everything.

or Irish? or Indian? or Rhodesian? or etc etc etc.

I think only with the crusts cut off, but Roy Keane probably has the definitive answer, probably resulting in a broken nose.
Only prawn sandwiches are allowed.
Btw, I didn't see anything about not bringing in food - but I only ever bring snack bars in my jacket pockets.

Only prawn sandwiches are allowed.
Btw, I didn't see anything about not bringing in food - but I only ever bring snack bars in my jacket pockets.
Read that as 'bring snack bars in my jacket potatoes'.

You are allowed to bring in food but the club, so individual jobsworth stewards, have the discretion not to allow it. Anything small enough to fit in your pockets is fine unless you are searched. As I said earlier, my dad got his kebab wrap allowed in by one but not another.

Saw somebody eating a homemade baguette in front of me. So he must've got it in somehow. Maybe down one trouser leg as somebody else suggested. Or with a sandwich maybe a half in each back pocket.

That might have been me 😂 😂 😂

I got a cheese and onion baguette in yesterday. Just had it in my hand. I think transparency is better than hiding it!

I even asked if the steward wanted it. Buttering them up seems to work - pun definitely intended.

I can honestly say that at nearly 43 years old I have never seen a sandwich cut this crazy way or even had an inkling to cut one this way. It's no wonder we fought for our independence.

Have to say this is the way I cut it too. I find if you cut it vertically the halves are too "narrow"

I'm with Chubbs, cut them horizontally, vertically is weird. This thread needs a poll.

As a side note, Tamerlane, Ivan the Terrible, Robespierre, Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler, Mao Zedong, Francois Duvalier, Nicolae Ceausescu, Idi Amin, Pol Pot and Jimmy Saville all cut their sandwiches vertically.

However, Chubbs loses some of my sympathy for adding the suffix "gate" to something he considers scandalous.

Morning everyone.

I'm putting yesterday behind me and moving on, with a lovely toasty breakfast, unless the missus confiscates it.

xQZVZK9.jpg

Other yeast extracts are available.

Edit: Thanks for the tips. Next time I go to WHL I'll hide the sarnie where the sun don't shine.
qTpZO2r.jpg

I'm with Chubbs, cut them horizontally, vertically is weird. This thread needs a poll.

As a side note, Tamerlane, Ivan the Terrible, Robespierre, Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler, Mao Zedong, Francois Duvalier, Nicolae Ceausescu, Idi Amin, Pol Pot and Jimmy Saville all cut their sandwiches vertically.

However, Chubbs loses some of my sympathy for adding the suffix "gate" to something he considers scandalous.
I came to the conclusion the 'vertical cut' bloke is from the colonies, so don't take it seriously. They do all sorts of strange things with food.

As for the term 'sandwichgate' - thinking about it, you're right. Apologies. I won't do that again. Years ago, Mrs Chubbs told me to stop saying, "Quite frankly...", because it sounds pompous. She was right too.

That might have been me 😂😂😂

I got a cheese and onion baguette in yesterday. Just had it in my hand. I think transparency is better than hiding it!

I even asked if the steward wanted it. Buttering them up seems to work - pun definitely intended.

Transparency didn't work for me - it was in my clear plastic Spurs backpack :(

I came to the conclusion the 'vertical cut' bloke is from the colonies, so don't take it seriously. They do all sorts of strange things with food.

As for the term 'sandwichgate' - thinking about it, you're right. Apologies. I won't do that again. Years ago, Mrs Chubbs told me to stop saying, "Quite frankly...", because it sounds pompous. She was right too.

Fair play, I've reinstated the sympathy I'd previously given before witholding. :)

Back
Top Bottom