Charlie Adam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So guessing if the deadline day deal had gone through last Jan, we probably wouldn't have bought Parker...

Just watching the Liverpool game and thinking we dodged a bullet there. Thank fuck for that.

Andy Carroll on the other hand.... :p

I was thinking exactly the same thing mate. I remember asking my mate towards the end of the season how old Parker and Adam were, and I'm asahmed to admit based on that (having not watched much west ham) I wanted Adam at that point. Basically just because he was 26 and Parker 30. How wrong I was!

I don't think he was that bad, definitely one of Liverpools better/more dangerous players..

Ruiz on the other hand, thank fuck we didn't sign him. Obviously Fulham are hoping he adapts to the league quickly but if he doesn't that's a massive waste of money for them.

Dru said:
I don't think he was that bad, definitely one of Liverpools better/more dangerous players..

Ruiz on the other hand, thank fuck we didn't sign him. Obviously Fulham are hoping he adapts to the league quickly but if he doesn't that's a massive waste of money for them.

Never rated Adam. He didn't make it at Rangers for fuck sake!

Ruiz is so one footed its unbelievable. I noticed him touch the ball with his right foot....once. He's supposed to be a professional, only people like us use one foot to stand on and one foot to kick with. Although saying that, my 'weaker' foot isn't actually too bad...

joedomvince said:
Same thing happened when we missed out on Joe Cole and gained Van der Vaart
Good point, well made fella!

I wonder what line-up we'd have if all the nearly boughts had come through. Bellamy anyone?

he's a useless cunt who'd be lucky to make our bench

Hudd and Sandro are easily better than him, shit I'd take O'Hara back over that cunt

Mentioning O'hara, I liked him for us. Scored some decent goals, especially the one against the spammers. Shame for him though we had better players in his position. Anyway Charlie Adam is a dirty cunt.

YidoBuckler said:
Dru said:

Ruiz is so one footed its unbelievable. I noticed him touch the ball with his right foot....once. He's supposed to be a professional, only people like us use one foot to stand on and one foot to kick with. Although saying that, my 'weaker' foot isn't actually too bad...

Remember seeing comments on Spooky's blog about Ruiz and how missing out on him would cost us. I started to believe the hype. We needed competition for Lennon etc etc. What I have seen of him has been laughable really, like having Lee Young-Po as a right footed left back.

That Blackburn player should be our main aim in the transfer window, he could really fit in with our current set up.

Ever since that tackle on Bale I've not been able to stand the prick. Way over-rated, he was a good player in a below (premier league standards) average team. Now he's just a shit player in an average team.

Also, he looks like he beats women sniffs glue.

Leroy Mamrtin said:
Way over-rated, he was a good player in a below (premier league standards) average team.

Said exactly this on another forum in the spring and was treated with a patronizing, "He's class mate", you're just a Yank response. I felt that the interest in Adam was clutching at straws to attempt to come away with something in the window at the 11th hour. We definitely dodged a bullet.

In fact, who is the last Spurs transfer that you would consider a bust? We've got a pretty decent track record of quality value signings in the past few seasons.

If you don't consider Pienaar then SURELY our most recent bust signing has to be Khumalo...Terrible signing, poor man's Linvoy Primus.

For the record, I do consider Pienaar to be a poor signing. Absolutely average squad player, a Jenas-a-like but with a different name.

Back
Top Bottom