Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any bright spark know how the destruction of Man City impacts our coefficient and potential seeding if we qualify for next year?

Looking like Pot 3 probably. Things not going our way in that regard. Need a few things to happen for us to make Pot 2, like Porto winning the league, neither Seville not Roma making top 4. We might need the the team that finishes in the top 4 with us to also win the Europa League, though Pot 3 is probably preferable to that.

Best solution of all is obviously to win the CL and be in pot 1.

D4gWVLOWsAIsiur

DL to Poch - See I told you Spurs wages are higher than some club who get to CL semi finals and we are paying them too much !:levyeyes::levyeyes:

I think its really hard to compare players in different eras. Messi probably plays against better competition than Maradona did

And Maradona won 2 world cups with teams many would say were not as good as some of those Messi has played in.

Messi as best ever club player in my time I would say is one I might lose the fight on.

Best ever, without a Copa America or a World Cup winners' medal no chance.

Pressure on the FA. The club needs to be assertive in demanding they help us out.
Dutch FA has postponed a whole round of Eredivisie to help Ajax out.
FA isn't going to potentially anger their TV gods.

They'll say Liverpool Saturday, Spurs Sunday so its the same amount of time between matches.

Also, the fact that other leagues support their clubs in European competitions like this and the FA doesn't is a fucking joke. Bundesliga does this regularly as well.

Think I would rather face Liverpool (If we make it through obviously) but only because they have lost every final they have participated in under Jurgen.

That’s a record that has to play on their minds.

And Maradona won 2 world cups with teams many would say were not as good as some of those Messi has played in.

Messi as best ever club player in my time I would say is one I might lose the fight on.

Best ever, without a Copa America or a World Cup winners' medal no chance.

2 world cups?

Lol

Always odd that people who are in denial about Messi seem to bring up TEAM honours. And then moan at the people say Kane can't be world class because Spurs haven't won a thing.

Apologies for being a bit dim but in the scenario that the goons reach the Europa cup final with the chavs one or tother will get into next seasons CL qualifiers by winning! Say goons finish 3rd and win but chavs finish 6th and us 5th do the chavs get the place by reaching the final.....or has it no baring on league places top four is top four!

Apologies for being a bit dim but in the scenario that the goons reach the Europa cup final with the chavs one or tother will get into next seasons CL qualifiers by winning! Say goons finish 3rd and win but chavs finish 6th and us 5th do the chavs get the place by reaching the final.....or has it no baring on league places top four is top four!
Top 4 is top 4 in your scenario. Unless someone wins one of the European competitions or finishes top 4 they aint gettin in.

Back
Top Bottom