Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Group stage....so boring, quarters are so boring, unless you play Porto.

Semi final against foreign team will be AMAZING, but the final will be boring unless Barca get there. Or Porto.
Beating Liverpool or Utd in the final will be boring. It’s all so boring this CL malarkey...I’m staying tuned for the battle to the EL.
Look at Woolwich....they beat Rennes and had Batman and everything, hopefully it will be us next year.
It was Black Panther actually......

Niko Kovac slams Premier League spending after Bayern crash out

Bayern Munich boss Niko Kovač insists his side cannot compete with Europe’s top clubs following their Champions League exit against Liverpool.

Their 3-1 home defeat on Wednesday meant that Bayern failed to make the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time since 2011.

They also became the third Bundesliga side to crash out of the competition in seven days, concluding a difficult week for German football.

“Money doesn’t always win,” he told reporters. “But Jürgen Klopp spent €500m in the last four years.

“Even we as the Bundesliga forerunners did not do that. It’s just an advantage that we must accept.

“We must not lie to ourselves. It’s not by accident that three German clubs are eliminated by three English clubs.”

“For the top stars, it’s just more appealing to go to the Premier League than to Bundesliga,” the 47-year-old added.

“If we want to make up for this deficit, we must identify young and talented players early on.

“The basic question is: Do we want to play in that game or not? Then we must calculate on other teams running away from us”

He does realise we spent Nothing right? :levylol:

Glad Brighton got through as now they have M City in semi of F A cup and City hopefully will play a stronger team than if they had Millwall. The harder the game for City the better for us.

Something I overlooked. Man City vs Cardiff has been selected for the same day we play Palace at home. This means City play 9 games in the space of 29-30 days. Basically a midweek and weekend game every week for 4-5 weeks from the end of March all the way through to the end of April.

9 games in a month is a hell of a lot. If there was ever a stage in the season where we'll see them slip up somewhere it's with so many games in quick succession.

Something I overlooked. Man City vs Cardiff has been selected for the same day we play Palace at home. This means City play 9 games in the space of 29-30 days. Basically a midweek and weekend game every week for 4-5 weeks from the end of March all the way through to the end of April.

9 games in a month is a hell of a lot. If there was ever a stage in the season where we'll see them slip up somewhere it's with so many games in quick succession.

They can bring all those loan players back early and play three matches per night.

It is a lot of games mate but they are not us they have bundles of quality in every position plus they don't seem to be struggling with tiredness or poor form, if anyone can do a treble or better a quadruple then this team have a great chance probably the best side I have ever seen in the EPL.

Their depth is too good to struggle.

They do however have 8 players out injured currently, so our best bet is that they struggle for match fitness in the lead up to our game.

Fernandinho IS their key player. Without him, it's more of a level playing field for us I feel even though still tricky. He's missed the last 4 or so games for them so hopefully not entirely 100% when coming back from international duty.

Back
Top Bottom