Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where has this been confirmed? Last I saw, the club were saying this:

I'm not sure pal, I'm only going on what the BBC website is saying at the moment.

If it is true that we play Sunday at 4:30pm & the again on the Tuesday, we'll have to rest 4-5 in that Brighton game and stick them on the bench in case we need them. Going into that City game with players used for rotation just kills it completely.

If we do have to play those games (a lot is up in the air with Brighton in the FA Cup etc), we'll have to play Lucas, Lamela, Wanyama possibly, Llorente perhaps. All being said I think it's best that Brighton win in the FA Cup this weekend and we have Crystal Palace as our first game at the new stadium, which will give us 6 days between matches instead of just 1 full day.

Wise to want Brighton to win this weekend it seems.

I'm not sure pal, I'm only going on what the BBC website is saying at the moment.

If it is true that we play Sunday at 4:30pm & the again on the Tuesday, we'll have to rest 4-5 in that Brighton game and stick them on the bench in case we need them. Going into that City game with players used for rotation just kills it completely.

If we do have to play those games (a lot is up in the air with Brighton in the FA Cup etc), we'll have to play Lucas, Lamela, Wanyama possibly, Llorente perhaps. All being said I think it's best that Brighton win in the FA Cup this weekend and we have Crystal Palace as our first game at the new stadium, which will give us 6 days between matches instead of just 1 full day.

Wise to want Brighton to win this weekend it seems.
Don't worry, there's no chance our game against Brighton (if they don't progress in the FA Cup) will be played on the Sunday. It'll definitely happen on the Saturday. The club already said it'll be the 6th or 7th, dependant on the Champions League draw.

It's annoying for me as I have a family get together for my daughter's 1st birthday on the Saturday, but could've made the Sunday. I'm hoping Brighton make the FA Cup semis and we play Palace on the 3rd instead!

Sunday 7th April
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur 16:30 Brighton & Hove Albion
Tuesday 9th April
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

QUARTER-FINALS
  • Tottenham Hotspur 20:00 Manchester City

Late kick off on the Sunday, 1 full day of recovery on the Monday. It really is disgusting how the Premier League don't plan for these kind of issues ahead of fixture changes for TV. Could this Brighton game really not have been chosen for a Friday night kick off or Saturday at 12:30??

Edit: Man City are the 12:30 early Saturday kick off that weekend. An extra 28 hours of recovery time for them. Surprise, surprise
That won’t remain the same.

Hope we beat the bald fraud, but does anyone really believe that Poch has what it takes to outwit Guardiola over two legs?

I don't have much confidence in the tactical nous of Poch. He's already been beaten by Klopp, Sarri, Emery etc this season with the team looking clueless.

Hoping for a miracle, but I don't see how Poch improves on this area given that from the time he got here to this season, he continues to make diabolical choices with line ups, fails to react in game, takes too long to make subs etc.

He really needs to get someone else to join his team whose strength is tactics.

More epic "support".

An example to us all.

Sunday 7th April
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur 16:30 Brighton & Hove Albion
Tuesday 9th April
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

QUARTER-FINALS
  • Tottenham Hotspur 20:00 Manchester City

Late kick off on the Sunday, 1 full day of recovery on the Monday. It really is disgusting how the Premier League don't plan for these kind of issues ahead of fixture changes for TV. Could this Brighton game really not have been chosen for a Friday night kick off or Saturday at 12:30??

Edit: Man City are the 12:30 early Saturday kick off that weekend. An extra 28 hours of recovery time for them. Surprise, surprise

If Brighton win on Sunday we could get an extra 3 days rest over City ... swings and roundabouts

Don't worry, there's no chance our game against Brighton (if they don't progress in the FA Cup) will be played on the Sunday. It'll definitely happen on the Saturday. The club already said it'll be the 6th or 7th, dependant on the Champions League draw.

It's annoying for me as I have a family get together for my daughter's 1st birthday on the Saturday, but could've made the Sunday. I'm hoping Brighton make the FA Cup semis and we play Palace on the 3rd instead!

Premier League Fixtures Season 2018/19

The Brighton game seems like it can get moved to the 5:30pm or 7:45pm slot on Saturday that we've seen used this season.

5:30pm seems like the BT kick off time so I wouldn't be surprised to see that Brighton game used for the 7;45pm slot similar to what we had against Wolves away this season.

What seems to be clear to me is regardless of if it's Brighton or Crystal Palace that we open with, it'll be a nighttime game even if it's played of a weekend. Expect the first couple of games to be under the lights lads and ladies

Stop fucking moaning it’s a CL quarter, one leg will be under the lights at WHL, and City will bring a massive noisy contingent.

It’s going to be magic.

So what if we play them every season...not in the CL we don’t.
The reward is a semi against Ajax or Juve.

This is our season, in all it’s glory. Try and remember that when thinking it’s all shit. The CL is a massive chink of light for us, I don’t care who we get from here on in.

If we’r complaining about playing City in the QF of the CL they we might as well pack this sport up, tell the FA we are withdrawing from the Premier league next season because there’s no point, and tell UFEA thanks but no thanks, if we’r going to draw hard teams in the CL then we are not intrested, just give our slot to someone else.....
No draw was going to be easy, Liverpool away in Porto second leg.....watch this space!!

Read this some moment ago... Made me realise how proud we should all be for supporting this magnificent club:

So Spurs will play City three times in just eleven days.

The football club that is labelled (or laughed at) for wanting to do things the "right way" (rightly or wrongly), has been rebuilt from the bottom to the top, is about to move into one of the world's best stadiums that actually has to be paid for and with a team now competing at the highest level that craves success.........

vs

The football club that won fuck all for 35 years, even dropping down to the third tier during that time, got lucky with one of the richest men on the planet and has managed to circumvent FFP rules via sponsorships, is about two get a two window transfer ban, plays in a stadium that was funded by the taxpayer and has, quite literally, bought every trophy it has won since.........

Being the obvious underdogs means that our Champions League expectations are now even lower, which might actually be a good thing, as we've all seen what getting giddy does. It makes people like me look silly and gets the team labelled as "bottle jobs!"

Play with no fear and you just never know what might happen........

COYS!

If we’r complaining about playing City in the QF of the CL they we might as well pack this sport up, tell the FA we are withdrawing from the Premier league next season because there’s no point, and tell UFEA thanks but no thanks, if we’r going to draw hard teams in the CL then we are not intrested, just give our slot to someone else.....
No draw was going to be easy, Liverpool away in Porto second leg.....watch this space!!

Exactly its the CL.....let’s play Wycombe!

Not sure why Porto would be an interesting draw, other than they are foreign and people stupidly thinking we’d beat them 7-0 over two legs..we’ve got a glamour tie.

Call city plastic all you want, it’s irrelevant.
And write us off at your own peril, gloves are off for this one. Home leg is giving me chills thinking about it.

Premier League Fixtures Season 2018/19

The Brighton game seems like it can get moved to the 5:30pm or 7:45pm slot on Saturday that we've seen used this season.

5:30pm seems like the BT kick off time so I wouldn't be surprised to see that Brighton game used for the 7;45pm slot similar to what we had against Wolves away this season.

What seems to be clear to me is regardless of if it's Brighton or Crystal Palace that we open with, it'll be a nighttime game even if it's played of a weekend. Expect the first couple of games to be under the lights lads and ladies

If Brighton go out of the FA cup this week and City make it to the semi final, we will almost certainly end up playing Brighton at 12.30pm on the Saturday, with City playing at 17.15pm on the Saturday. (FA CUP SEMI FINAL)

City isn't the same in CL. They beat Schalke 3-2 on last minute away. I know about result at Etihad but Schalke is fucking shit. Just don't concede at home, 0-0 is good as far I'm concered.

Stop fucking moaning it’s a CL quarter, one leg will be under the lights at WHL, and City will bring a massive noisy contingent.

It’s going to be magic.

So what if we play them every season...not in the CL we don’t.
The reward is a semi against Ajax or Juve.

This is our season, in all it’s glory. Try and remember that when thinking it’s all shit. The CL is a massive chink of light for us, I don’t care who we get from here on in.

It is funny, who would have thought we would ever be moaning about who we got in the CL quarters haha! mental isn't it, we have come a long way

People still are a bit funny about us, I did the analysis, our average league position pre Poch since 1950 is 8th, we aren't the colossus some think we should be, our peers Villa and Everton are nowhere near where we are

If Brighton go out of the FA cup this week and City make it to the semi final, we will almost certainly end up playing Brighton at 12.30pm on the Saturday, with City playing at 17.15pm on the Saturday. (FA CUP SEMI FINAL)

City are playing Cardiff at 12:30pm on Sky that afternoon though. I haven't seen anything to suggest that one will be getting changed unless you have seen something that suggests it can and will be?

City are playing Cardiff at 12:30pm on Sky that afternoon though. I haven't seen anything to suggest that one will be getting changed unless you have seen something that suggests it can and will be?

NOT if they're in the FA CUP Semi Final they won't be.

FA Cup semi final saturday, city will be 17.15, we'll be 12.30

Back
Top Bottom