Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't mind the other three premier league teams all get through as well to the quarter-finals, then Liverpool v Man Utd would do nicely for a distraction, along with Man City v Barcelona.
We'd be left with either Real Madrid, Juventus or Porto/Roma.

I wouldn't mind the other three premier league teams all get through as well to the quarter-finals, then Liverpool v Man Utd would do nicely for a distraction, along with Man City v Barcelona.
Well I don't think Liverpool v Man Utd will be happening.

I reckon Liverpool and Man City will be drawn against each other again.

As long as none of 'em win the thing, it would be in our favour - with regard to the Premier League - for the English teams to remain in the competition for as long as possible.

People keep underestimating us.

I genuinely think we have as good a chance as any team. We're pretty fucking good.

Saying that, our second half performance was as good as the second half against Juve in the same fixture last season and we all saw how that second leg ended up.

But we continue to grow every year under Pochettino.

14/15 - R32 Europa League
15/16 - R16 Europa League
16/17 - Group Stage Champions League
17/18 - R16 Champions League
18/19 - .....

Keep up this average, we'll be winners by 2021/2022.

Rather play a foreign team than English if we get through.
Roma or Porto ideally.
One goal leaves them needing five and we always score

Especially with Kane and Dele back.

Still, would be happy not to concede the first goal and preferably not within the opening 15 minutes.

That VAR call was moronic. A centimeter offside is not clear and obvious. He didn't gain an advantage and reversing that goal goes against the spirit and the point of the offside rule.

If this is the future of offside decisions in VAR than we are in for a hellscape.

Only half way there.

We need to forget about last night (as hard as it is). A break, then Burnley, Fascists and Woolwich.

We need to ensure CL for next season and need as many points as possible from them, before heading for Dortmund.

Get everyone fit.

That VAR call was moronic. A centimeter offside is not clear and obvious. He didn't gain an advantage and reversing that goal goes against the spirit and the point of the offside rule.

If this is the future of offside decisions in VAR than we are in for a hellscape.

From my understanding, when they say "clear and obvious", they don't mean to a human official. They mean that if e.g. there's a foul then for the VAR to give it, it has to be very obvious that it's a foul rather than something up to interpretation. With offside, that doesn't really apply since it's objective - you're either on or off, however close it is. At the end of the day it's got to implement the rules, not decide whether they're good or not, and I think it got it right yesterday. If we don't like that then the rules have to be changed to allow a margin of error or some such, not expect the refs or VAR to adjudicate them however they like which'd be disastrous anyway.

One way or another, gonna lose some big knobs this round too...

United/PSG
Juve/AtleticoM.
Liverpool/Bayern
Liverpool will go out. They want to win the league and with City having such an easy tie Liverpool don't want to be putting everything into this game instead of the league. Utd as good as out it'll be us and City in the next round.

Back
Top Bottom