Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pot 2 it is after Real Madrid (or do I mean Gareth Bale) beat Liverpool in CL final

Pot 1 consists of the champions of the top 6 leagues, plus the previous CL winner plus the EL winner, so is :

1 Real Madrid (CL winner)
2 Atletico Madrid (EL winner)
3 Barcelona (Spain)
4 Manchester City (England)
5 Bayern Munich (Germany)
6 Juventus (Italy)
7 Paris Saint Germain (France)
8 Lokomotiv Moscow (Russia)

Pot 2 is then the next ranked teams (ie highest co-efficients) who have qualified for CL (Woolwich, Chelsea, Seville and Zenit St Petersberg did not qualify)

1. Borussia Dortmund
2. FC Porto
3. Manchester United
4 FC Shakhtar Donestk
5. SL Benfica (assuming they get through qualifying rounds)
6. SSC Napoli
7. FC Basel (assuming they get through qualifying rounds)
8 Tottenham Hotspur.

Member associations - UEFA rankings - Club coefficients – UEFA.com

Hopefully one of Basel or Benfica don't make the group stages, as that'll put Roma in Pot 2, rather than being the hardest team we could get from pot 3. And hopefully one of them does make the group stages as that will keep Liverpool in Pot 3 and they could get a bugger of a draw.

Lokomotiv Moscow
Porto
Club Brugge

I imagine is a group we could potentially get?

Wouldn't mind that.

Whilst I love the big games and they'll be great in our new stadium, I'd much rather get the easiest route through to the knockout stages.

Once we top that group, we can then beat Juventus, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich before ending Real Madrids stranglehold on the competition in the final.

Lokomotiv Moscow
Porto
Club Brugge

I imagine is a group we could potentially get?

Wouldn't mind that.

Whilst I love the big games and they'll be great in our new stadium, I'd much rather get the easiest route through to the knockout stages.

Once we top that group, we can then beat Juventus, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich before ending Real Madrids stranglehold on the competition in the final.

Way to go. Now our group is going to be
Barcelona
Schalke
Inter

Easy group please, then stonkers till the final

I agree as well. I think knockouts are much harder because it allows for less mistakes. In the group stage it’s possible to mess up in some games and make up in other games. I would want an easy group then have the path Madrid had. Imagine if we beat any of the combinations of the winners of Ligue 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, or La Liga on the way to the final (which then should be the easiest possible matchup, of course)

Back
Top Bottom