Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool will get Madrid and beat them with the media hailing it as Salahs revenge.
giphy.gif

Man Utd will get Porto.

Liverpool will get Madrid and beat them with the media hailing it as Salahs revenge.

We will get Dortmund.
Dortmund are the one team I really don’t want. Not a “Huge” name club, brilliantly organised & a really tough opponent. PSG, Real, Bayern, Even Juve are all very beatable as they have players with huge, fragile egos. They are more “breakable” in my opinion, than a team like Dortmund.

Dortmund it is then. Put your dinner money on it.
:dier:

To be honest they'll all be hard matches whoever is unlucky enough to draw us..... On paper some teams look harder than others but on the day you just never know.

Would it be too much of a stretch to say that Real are weaker this year than they were last year? And we beat them over 2 legs last year so what is there to fear?

Juventus, PSG or Barca would be daunting but I doubt we'd be a team that they'd really want to meet in the last 16 (and we can't meet Barca anyway)

Everyone is saying Porto would be the best draw but who knows - would be lovely to draw them as I think it would be 2 underdogs fighting it out and would be a cracking game.

But just imagine if we draw and then knock out one of the big boys.......

Bellamy spot on there, in my view

I think the best thing we can do as fans is accept that we are building towards something. We don't have the resources of those 'above us' - but every single year we improve overall. Every single year. There's no stumbling block, there's no plateau. We tend to get further in domestic cups, our points per game in the Premier League improves every single year. We've matched our Champions League run from last year etc.

With us it literally is a marathon and not a sprint. A cup is obviously the next big step towards showing that improvement but history tells us that it can't be too far away. We are statistically the 3rd best team in the league. We're qualifying for the Champions League year on year and on average get to a semi final every year under Pochettino's tenure. The teams that tend to get to cup finals and win the cups are teams who consistently finish in the top four.

It's done. It happened. The team is stronger because of it.
We were dead in the water three games into this group. We were a minute from going out against PSV. But here we are.
In light of yesterdays qualification, the win against PSV has to go down as one of the biggest performances of the season. That was the game where they simply refused to give up.

I agree. The group with 6 games allows you to create an exciting situation. I was sure of the collapse of Inter: you did well to believe in the company. Getting to the Champions League rounds is also important from an economic point of view.

I honestly don't mind who we get, except I'd like to play a new team. We've played Dortmund, Real and Juventus last year, so I'd prefer to draw someone new for the experience. I really don't mind if it is one of the tougher draws though, that's why we're in the competition. Equally though, an easier draw is fine because if we get through we get a tougher draw later.

Whatever, I just love that we're in the premier european comp rather than the europa.

Back
Top Bottom