Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We better win it next season as Man City, Man U, Liverpool & Wolves are going to be top 4.

Tottenham Hotspur, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU'
yet again, another team who are of no relevance to us whatsoever, but out of the other 19 teams, they claim we are the only ones they really want to defeat next season hahahaha.

Why are we not liked? i dont get it. but i dont really care to be quite honest.

i think they played some good stuff this season. many people labelled them the 'Man City' of the championship. I do think they will be mid table next season though. i think the quality of the teams around them will prove to be too much for them to aim higher up the league.

yet again, another team who are of no relevance to us whatsoever, but out of the other 19 teams, they claim we are the only ones they really want to defeat next season hahahaha.

Why are we not liked? i dont get it. but i dont really care to be quite honest.

i think they played some good stuff this season. may people labelled them the 'Man City' of the championship. I do think they will be mid table next season though. i think the quality of the teams around them will prove to be too much for them to aim higher up the league.

I think they see us as 'catchable' because they wil have more spending power than us whereas City, United, Woolwich, Red Scouse and the Chavs are currently too far ahead.

Ironic really how many modern fans talk the talk regarding money in the game until they look like they are going to benefit from it and then they change their tune to 'buy success at any cost'.

Underlying numbers say that City, Liverpool and Tottenham were the best 3 teams in the league this season. If De Gea regresses to the mean, United will finish outside the top 4.

Liverpool could also regress a bit depending on Salah - he's unlikely to have a repeat of this past season and Liverpool heavily relied on him. Keita coming in is big, but the team's midfield and FBs are average at best.

I would think that Tottenham going into the new home stadium and looking to strengthen the squad would be looked at as favorites for a top 4 spot next season to be honest. Even the players rumored to leave (Toby, Rose) were not a big part of the campaign. Dembele would be a much larger loss, but his knees are really starting to hamper him, and maybe Winks can catch a break and stay healthy.

Honestly, depending on what happens at Chelsea, the top 4 could be the same next season as it was this season, just a different order...

Wait, what thread is this? Uhhh...go Madrid, go Pot 2!

:tobyarm:

Looking forward to drawing on ones pot this summer.

Next season CL final man.....

giphy.gif

Big fan of drawing on ones pot.... Can't boast smoke 'rings' of that calibre tho.

Want both to draw Eastern European team as close o outer Mongola as possible, a good 5hr time zone difference. Need them to play these teams at the beginning of their campaign, barely warmed up and each struggling to get what their new managers want them to do, whilst the Eastern European teams are properly flowing as their season kicked off a good month or earlier. Want them to play on a dogs hit dry pitch, with a stadium full of passionate noisy fans turning up to watch their team play what would be considered to be one of it's biggest games in their history. I want them landing back home in blighty shagged and having to play us 24hrs latter in an early Sunday morning KO.

For fucking years we suffered this cycle, it's very, very hard. (Bet they both end up in plumb European groups in France and Belgium).

With luck a couple of the teams from Kazakhstan will get through the qualifying rounds to make our dreams come true - someone like FC Irtysh Pavlodar or FC Tobol for preference as neither based in the capital and therefore no direct flights from London, or failing that FC Kairat based in Astana the capital of Kazakhstan sounds a good opponent for each of them.

18/19 September: Group stage, matchday one
2/3 October: Group stage, matchday two
23/24 October: Group stage, matchday three
6/7 November: Group stage, matchday four
27/28 November: Group stage, matchday five
11/12 December: Group stage, matchday six

12/13/19/20 February: Round of 16, first leg
5/6/12/13 March: Round of 16, second leg
9/10 April: Quarter-finals etc

Champions League and Europa League changes next season
Thank you x

Athletico Madrid winning Europa League is good news.

Now we need one of the following 3 things to happen to guarantee Spurs being in Pot 2 :

1. Real Madrid beating Liverpool to win CL
2. Basle to be knocked out of CL qualifying rounds before getting to group stages
3. Benfica to be knocked out of CL qualifying rounds before getting to group stages

Now we need one of the following 3 things to happen to guarantee Spurs being in Pot 2 :

2. Basle to be knocked out of CL qualifying rounds before getting to group stages
3. Benfica to be knocked out of CL qualifying rounds before getting to group stages
My money is on 1.
Let’s not fuck about Real Madrid. Just get the job done to make this a hugely satisfying season & give us the entertainment of an apocalyptic RAWK meltdown
You know it makes sense.

I think 1) RM win Liverpool

My money is on 1.
Let’s not fuck about Real Madrid. Just get the job done to make this a hugely satisfying season & give us the entertainment of an apocalyptic RAWK meltdown
You know it makes sense.
I fear the worst personally - had the opposite feeling in 2012 when Bayern fucked us

I hope so! Got far too many Dipper fans in my life who predict their reemergence every time they scrape a win in the rain. And, just in case you don't know, they won it five times!

I know Liverpool's Champions League victories and I know that they are often lucky, but Zidane's Real is much superior and can suffer.

The Roma team last eliminated is a good team but nothing more. Guardiola instead should explain to us how to spend a lot and then make a bad impression with those who sold Coutinho.

P.S. I don’t forget Heysel and 39 dead

With luck a couple of the teams from Kazakhstan will get through the qualifying rounds to make our dreams come true - someone like FC Irtysh Pavlodar or FC Tobol for preference as neither based in the capital and therefore no direct flights from London, or failing that FC Kairat based in Astana the capital of Kazakhstan sounds a good opponent for each of them.
I'd actually be well up for us playing one of those sides if we were in the EL...Spurs have taken me to some interesting places in the world and whilst I'm delighted we're in the CL for many reasons, I do miss the more exotic trips the EL throws up. Almost everyone I speak to disagrees with me on this though...

I think the goons would hire a private jet so wouldn't make much difference to them not having the direct flight from London, the time difference might be helpful though.

I'd actually be well up for us playing one of those sides if we were in the EL...Spurs have taken me to some interesting places in the world and whilst I'm delighted we're in the CL for many reasons, I do miss the more exotic trips the EL throws up. Almost everyone I speak to disagrees with me on this though...

I think the goons would hire a private jet so wouldn't make much difference to them not having the direct flight from London, the time difference might be helpful though.

Probably about 7 hours flying time and about 4 hours time difference - enough for them to need perhaps 2 days to fly and recover before the match on the outward flight and the same on the way back. So about the most taxing they could get and probably get them tired for the next PL match !

Might be interesting for fans for a couple of days if they have not been to that part of the world before...

Atletico Madrid without “h”.
Bilbao’s team is Athletic. ;)

If bands do not change according to the Gazzetta dello Sport in an article related to the return to CL of the Inter (4 band )and Juventus (1 band) the worst opponents are:

1 Bayern ( Inter)
2 Real Madrid
3 Tottenham
4 Hoffenheim ( Juventus)

However, everything can still change with a series of joints

Back
Top Bottom