Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we play 9th or 10th? With us, Dipper and Utd all playing at home in the 1st leg .... will someone get a daft 5:30 kick off time?
Competition rules are that all the quarter-final matches have to kick off at 20:00 UK time. So there'll be a TV clash between English clubs somehow. Chances are the police will want to have Liverpool and United playing on different evenings I guess, so we'll be clashing with one of them I'm sure.

Of the English teams left could you imagine the media salivation had we drawn the other Mancs or the Scousers?
Barcelona would have been a night mare, as would Juve again. I dreaded drawing Porto (PSV was supposed to be a walk in the park remember).
The ideal draw would have been Ajax (that way we had a good look at there new crop of starlets) City very tough but believe me its about right. Underdogs again that suits me and Mauricio just fine.

First leg will be 1 -1, city will score first, Walker will score an own goal, 2nd leg will be 3 - 2, Lamela will dribble through 5 players and score the winner.:ossie:

This has made me chuckle, you have to laugh don't you.

I know mate. Chelsea etc pull Nottingham Forest, Shrewsbury, Sheffield Wednesday etc at home in draws constantly it seems, we have to play the hardest tie of the round each time.

Anyway, time to watch Woolwich pull Slavia Prague & Chelsea pull Frankfurt or something typical now. Only the hard way for our boys and all that comes with it

:dembelefingers:

For your prediction and also for your poor use of the word 'rape'.

Inappropriate and vile. That sums you up pretty well!
Take yourself to a safe space and put a flannel on your head old son . I know the death of the people’s vote last night had got you all upset .

Competition rules are that all the quarter-final matches have to kick off at 20:00 UK time. So there'll be a TV clash between English clubs somehow. Chances are the police will want to have Liverpool and United playing on different evenings I guess, so we'll be clashing with one of them I'm sure.
They said as soon as the draw for the Man Utd v Barca game was made that they'll have to swap the games around so that Man Utd aren't home in the first leg, because City had already been drawn at home first

Here's a thought experiment: If you could only guarantee one win out of the three against Man City, which would you pick. I think I'd go with the league game, because those are guaranteed points, whereas there would still be another leg in the Champions league.

D1sqzoKXcAETay2.jpg

:dembelefingers:

Got to love it lads....If your City, do you really want to have to dig a result out against Spurs in the second leg, 3 or 4 days before a “must” win game against Spurs in the league? We will have probably written that game off already in the top 4 battle....
Im thinking this first leg is going to be a cracker!......But by god we need to not concede as number one Priority!!

Here's a thought experiment: If you could only guarantee one win out of the three against Man City, which would you pick. I think I'd go with the league game, because those are guaranteed points, whereas there would still be another leg in the Champions league.
1st choice the league game, because we could still progress in the CL with 2 draws.
2nd choice, the home leg of the CL, because I want us to win our first ever European game in the new stadium

Well we can pray for divine intervention .
Over 2 legs , present form , no game plan B to cope with the obvious , very weak in 2 areas , we haven't got a dickie bird's chance.

3 weeks of wearing my lucky pants , ferret down my trousers , black pudding diet , going to church everyday , sticking a fork up the old jacksee, rabbit foot up the bracket , no how's your father for a year , generous charitable donations , and bobs your uncle .
Should give us a likely lad whisker of a chance .
Up the junction anyone ?

Back
Top Bottom