Carlos Tevez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure it's been discussed elsewhere, but I've read news that Inter have offered £20m for Tevez today.

Now, Harry has spent the last 3-4 windows saying "we won't do much business unless someone special becomes available". Well Harry, I'd count Tevez as that special player, and if he's available for as little as £20m, I'd snap him up if I was in charge. Sure, his wages might be an issue but it seems Levy is willing to break the wage structure for Modric in the summer, so why not now for Tevez?

So the question I'm asking, if we could get Tevez for £20m, would you take him?

I think the man is a twat, but he can play, so yes.

But they won't flog him to us for 20m, we are a threat now. Heck they'd probably take Adebayor back if they could.

I'm totally ignoring this story

Not in a million years do I think this will happen - there are just too many major hurdles, including (but not limited to):

- his wages, where we must be absolutely miles apart
- City wouldn't sell to us

It's not happening IMO

Woah back up there Tevez lovers.

Yes he is a special talent but.

1) Wages - we have NO CHANCE
2) His supposed homesickness/depression about being too far from home - not sure London is much closer to Argentina than manchester, why would he be happier with us?
3) He wants to be playing in a team challenging for CL and Premier League titles, we arent there....yet.
4) Could well be a disruptive influence but then again we thought the same about Ade
5) Cant see him in a Spurs shirt, just cant. He's too ugly.
6) I've said it before but its worth saying again WAGES

OK, I'll clarify a bit.

Of course there are a load of hurdles , some of which we probably won't get over, but I was more asking if you'd be happy for Tevez to play for Spurs considering his past. It was a more of "would you like him here?" question rather than a "can you see it happening?" one.

My bad for skim-reading.

On the one hand yes, great palyer and exciting to watch which siuts us down tot he ground but I can just as easily see him leaving again in a year or two.
Call me sentimental but I want to see a player stay with us and do well for 7-10 years. I know it happens less and less these days but you really build up a relationship with players when that happens.
I want a Mr Tottenham who is going to be with us through thick and thin but also be one of our best players. Like a Gerrard/Lampard/Terry/Rooney player. I know thats asking a lot and it probably wont happen for a long time but there you go.

the homesick argument is erroneous, pretty sure london is quicker to his home than italy would be, so if he really was homesick.

would take him, id even go as far as saying that he would win us the league if he showed the form he had back last season.

If he 100% committed and we could have him for 3 years.

As it stands

When was the last time the guy kicked a ball?
How long would it take him to get in shape?

Basically he may not be fit enough for 90mins for maybe a month or more.

Defoe, Tevez +Adebayor this season

Defoe, Tevez, Remy next season.

I'd take that for £20M

He would no doubt fuck us over like every other club he's ever been with one way or another. However, when we are looking a bit flat and tired he'd be the sorta guy that would drag us through that and get us the win etc. Honestly think he'd be the perfect player for us but he's a cunt and he's a greedy one at that wages wise, never gonna happen.

Tevez is about the money. Top drawer player, exceptional. If it was about having a career he'd have stuck it out at Utd.

Back
Top Bottom