Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Congratulations. Looking at the match as a whole it was a deserved win. Hope you win the final. You scored two excellent goals tonight. The difference between first and third division I suppose. The margins might not be as big as some would have us believe, but they are still there. Well done and good luck with the rest of your season.

Aaaaaaaah, old school Divisional reference, me like! ...I hope you get promoted to the 2nd Division next season based on that comment alone (and last nights' fantastic performance!)

Well played, you showed your Premier League class, especially in that first half. On another day we would've been out of it by half time but fortunately for us, HK18 wasn't as lethal in front of goal as he's seemingly been all season.

I'm not a lover of this 'sucking up' nonsense but Spurs have been my favourite Prem team for a while now (probably since the Kyle's transfer, I guess), so I wish you well in the final, the remainder of this season, and the foreseeable future. Just be sure to sell Walker whilst his value is still high, 10% of that will do nicely!! I hear Real Madrid like your players?

:pochbye: Farewell.
1889 ...my Northern alter-ego and erstwhile nemesis... mwooh-ha-ha-ha-haa!!
:pochsmirk::levystare:

Just went to fetch my specs and the case is empty. Mental flashback of me crushing my specs with my right fist and then throwing them on to the concrete when celebrating eriksens equaliser. Why? No idea!
I'm such a nutty geezer.:freundgoal:

Well that definitely had an old skool edge to it!

I hate being late for matches but with about 2,000 Yids trying to get through 6 turnstiles in 10 minutes before kick off it was never going to happen. Luckily didn't miss much it seems early.

I kept away from the obvious pubs so the atmosphere properly did me near the ground. Thought our support was epic. Somehow I think there are 'characters' who just somehow manage to get hold of tickets for matches like that. I'll be honest, I thought Sheffield United's support was shit. All this cauldron of noise hype - Well that's been exposed as an Anfield level myth.

At the end of it was exhausted, finally got away from that ground in the blizzard and got into the hotel bar where we sat until about 2am. Club night below went on until 4am - my mate slept through it - fuck knows how, it was like trying to sleep on top of the Valve Sound system.

Delayed on trains up and back so putting my claims in now. £15 a match ticket and £22 a room, absolutely bargain away day. Top city.

COYS

Lamela was getting an absolute hammering of abuse from several around me, harsh I thought although on occasion his lazy dribbles were getting to me.

Yes mate.....Sheffield United!
The epitome of "the almost team"
Maybe that's what makes some fans decent, both clubs have had their share of these "almost" moments, and I think it keeps things real, makes you appreciate the good times more.

Bbc is what they were saying, Blades Bashing Crew. Cunts, like all football hooligans
I thought they were just sick of Sky Sports?

Agree, but as finals go this has to be better than the FA Cup, 30K from each side is better than the 20K on offer for FA Cup.
I know the FA cup is seen as being more prestigous, but the way it's ticketed in more recent years has completely watered it down to the point where in comparison the League Cup is arguably better. At least the final of the LC will be entertaning this year, and supported by a good number of true fans.

GREAT TRIP. Drove up so not much beer but the weather made the game. Was at the front and got snowed on but had all the gear (no idea). As for Lamela, give the lad a chance, first season. Just needs to bulk up a bit the same as Bale did. I thought he played his heart out, get off his back FFS.
F.O.G.S.

As for Lamela, give the lad a chance, first season. Just needs to bulk up a bit the same as Bale did. I thought he played his heart out, get off his back FFS.
F.O.G.S.
Its his second season....

Also its his decision making that gets me, not his attitude/application.

He'll have the ball but not make the obvious pass and instead lose the ball also when he does pass they seem to be underhit a lot of the time and get intercepted.

Although i've just checked and against united he had 90.3% passing accuracy, what do i know...

won 9 "duels" and lost 9.

fucking duels...

Quality night. Was anyone from here in a bar called Crystal afterwards? Turned away quite a few yids but a load of us got in and the night ended when the lights came on with about 20 of us crowding round a table, banging it singing Spurs are on their way to Wembley while the bouncers tried in vain to get us to fuck off :dude:

For me, Wednesday was the type of away day I dream of. A minor taste of what it would have been like to have followed Spurs in the 70s/80s/90s.

5000+ of us landing. Spurs in every pub in the City Centre. It was moody as fuck outside, Riot Police overkill and scuffles outside the away end/in that petrol garage forecourt before hand. Great atmosphere in the ground, especially after our 2nd goal. Half time in the lower tier concourse. Full time knowing we're off to Wembley. Leaving the ground, walking into a moody atmosphere.

One of the best nights I've had with Spurs in my short 8 year career.

For me, Wednesday was the type of away day I dream of. A minor taste of what it would have been like to have followed Spurs in the 70s/80s/90s.

5000+ of us landing. Spurs in every pub in the City Centre. It was moody as fuck outside, Riot Police overkill and scuffles outside the away end/in that petrol garage forecourt before hand. Great atmosphere in the ground, especially after our 2nd goal. Half time in the lower tier concourse. Full time knowing we're off to Wembley. Leaving the ground, walking into a moody atmosphere.

Spot on.

Just had another flashback of that petrol station courtyard!

Its his second season....

Also its his decision making that gets me, not his attitude/application.

He'll have the ball but not make the obvious pass and instead lose the ball also when he does pass they seem to be underhit a lot of the time and get intercepted.

Although i've just checked and against united he had 90.3% passing accuracy, what do i know...

won 9 "duels" and lost 9.

fucking duels...
Agreed, but hopefully he's still young enough to be molded a bit. Learning to release the ball earlier and be more distinctive with the passing should be problems he can overcome.

Back
Top Bottom