Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think I would say that people here see him failing as a CB, but just that he seems like he's no longer progressing at a rate that is acceptable at Spurs.
Agreed, that's what I meant really but that our view is probably a little skewed even further as we have two exceptional young talents making him seem further behind the curve.

I look forward to seeing him come back and see whether loan has helped him any.

Last time I saw him he was not very good in some pre season friendly. Now the purpose of the loan was to allow him to improve. If he has then great bring him back but if not let him finish the loan.
We are short of CBs now but Sanchez will be available again soon and Wanyama allowing Dier to be used as a CB without weakening the midfield. If he is behind Foyth who could not get in the team with our current injuries/suspensions it is difficult to see him playing.

If he wasn’t good enough then, I don’t see how a handful of games in a lower league has suddenly made him good enough now. I must confess, I haven’t been keeping an eye on his performances but I’m sure that there are folk on here who will have, & this thread has been deserted until recently. We must be struggling to consider cancelling his loan. It’s a worry really.

I think until Toby is back to full strength, and Jan/Sanchez playing every game, he offers a very decent alternative... and especially if Poch doesn't think Foyth is ready for the Prem JUST yet!

I think until Toby is back to full strength, and Jan/Sanchez playing every game, he offers a very decent alternative... and especially if Poch doesn't think Foyth is ready for the Prem JUST yet!
I think Foyth has played admirably when called on so far. I'd have thought CCV is there to provide extra cover and competition in training rather than being ahead of him.

So Newport will see him partner with Foyth?

Both right footed so unlikely.

Verts probably most in need of a rest though, played 500 mins more than any other Spurs "defender". Started every league game and all CL games bar one because of the red card.

Dier has similar minutes across his different positions but was rested in the last FA cup game.

I think it could be over for him to be honest. I think he will forge a decent career, be an American international, ply his trade in the Championship and maybe lower Premier League but get the feeling he hasn't come along as much as we'd have hoped and him being bigger and stronger helped him in youth football.

Caulker was winning all sorts of personal accolades at his loans and even got a loan in the Premier League before AVB gave him a go.

But I do wish him luck and hope he can have a good loan and perhaps get a good pre season under his belt. Still very young.

The chances of him becoming a regular starter for a top-four contender like Spurs are close to zero, but we could sell him in the future. Clubs like Aston Vila or maybe Swansea spring to mind.

I'm all for encouraging our youth. With CCV he'll have to improve alot. We've never been stronger in the CB dept. Also those 3 in the Academy, Tanganga, Eyoma, Lyons-F, look pretty good.

In CCV's favour it sounds like he's got Kane-like levels of determination. He could still make it with us, but it's way more likely he'll be a championship level player.

Might well be a good coach after he's retired from playing.

Bizarre. The club must not like the way Sheffield have handled him, or maybe his confidence has taken a knock?
Orrrrrrr, the club wanna save cab fare expenses, and drop CCV off on the way to taking Edwards up to Norwich??

I'm all for encouraging our youth. With CCV he'll have to improve alot. We've never been stronger in the CB dept. Also those 3 in the Academy, Tanganga, Eyoma, Lyons-F, look pretty good.
Thing is, at youth level, they always do!

Back in the distant past (OK, late-80's), I could genuinely see a day where John Polston and Guy Butters would form the bedrock of our Central Defence for the next 10 years...

I think they both lasted about 10 minutes!

Much I know!

Back
Top Bottom