Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also healthy and gives them a good opportunity to impress Poch imo
It feels like every matchday, there's one (or more) of our youngsters scoring a goal or assisting for their loan clubs. Possibly confirmation bias, but they seem to be doing the trick.

Edwards is an interesting one because his plan of sticking around the squad and trying to break into it this season might actually pay off. Kid's been electric for the youth squads. Next week's league cup game is going to be telling (whether he's in the squad or not).

It feels like every matchday, there's one (or more) of our youngsters scoring a goal or assisting for their loan clubs. Possibly confirmation bias, but they seem to be doing the trick.

Edwards is an interesting one because his plan of sticking around the squad and trying to break into it this season might actually pay off. Kid's been electric for the youth squads. Next week's league cup game is going to be telling (whether he's in the squad or not).
Hopefully he is, according to youth watchers on spurscommunity he's been working really hard in games lately. Seems to have been out of favour lately, but the tide is turning (I hope)

I totally appreciate the videos, but can you institute a ratings system? Maybe a levels of Poch smiley ranking? For instance:

:pochshock: - I've got to watch CCV fuck up at 3:15

or :pochohshit: - look at him just bowl the fuck out of that cunt at 2:26

Or maybe :pochserious: - nothing to see here, he's being binned in June.

None of these are actual comments, mind you, I've got too much to do to invest in a film without seeing the preview or checking the rotten tomatoes. :pochrolleyes:

Give the lad a new contract now.

W3GINPx.jpg

I almost feel like it's now or never for Carter-Vickers, which is strange to say considering how young he still is.

But the fact he's been sent on loan and we've decided that Foyth was a better choice to have round the team doesn't bode well. Personally, I think he's looked calamitous whenever he's played for the first team, but I know how highly rated he is and he has all the attributes. Seems to be having a very successful loan where playing regularly will only do him good. Now a fully fledged international too and he's not even 20.

But Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Foyth and Dier are all ahead of him in the pecking order at centre half. Get him back in, playing games in the absense of Alderweireld (and allowing Dier to play central midfield) and see how he holds up

I almost feel like it's now or never for Carter-Vickers, which is strange to say considering how young he still is.

But the fact he's been sent on loan and we've decided that Foyth was a better choice to have round the team doesn't bode well. Personally, I think he's looked calamitous whenever he's played for the first team, but I know how highly rated he is and he has all the attributes. Seems to be having a very successful loan where playing regularly will only do him good. Now a fully fledged international too and he's not even 20.

But Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Foyth and Dier are all ahead of him in the pecking order at centre half. Get him back in, playing games in the absense of Alderweireld (and allowing Dier to play central midfield) and see how he holds up

Is it a successful loan? The Sheff Utd fans haven't been rating him on their forums of late I don't think... could be wrong. Not disagreeing, interested to know.

It's a bit difficult for him in that we have a freakishly good 21 year old in Sanchez and even Foyth looks well ahead of average at 19... given how long most of us on here have been tracking CCV now and with those two coming in, it's inevitable that we already see him as failing. But the truth is he still has a lot of time to develop as a CB.

Just maybe not with us if we keep scouting CBs the way we are!

It's a bit difficult for him in that we have a freakishly good 21 year old in Sanchez and even Foyth looks well ahead of average at 19... given how long most of us on here have been tracking CCV now and with those two coming in, it's inevitable that we already see him as failing. But the truth is he still has a lot of time to develop as a CB.

Just maybe not with us if we keep scouting CBs the way we are!

I don't think I would say that people here see him failing as a CB, but just that he seems like he's no longer progressing at a rate that is acceptable at Spurs.

No brainer. All hands on deck.

Reading between the lines, i'd hope this means we're on the brink of promoting Foyth to the EPL squads.... Would be disconcerting to see him leapfrog Foyth when (imo) CCV hasnt looked anywhere near as good when hes played for us.

Their competing for the same 'fringe' game time helps neither of them or our first team concerns..

Back
Top Bottom