Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like he's being brought into he first team to replace vertonghen, behind Wimmer and Fazio respectively. Good luck to he lad, hope he gets his chance and takes it.

Sounds like he's being brought into he first team to replace vertonghen, behind Wimmer and Fazio respectively. Good luck to he lad, hope he gets his chance and takes it.
I think he's ahead of Fazio, and would be the back-up for Toby. Wimmer handles the left side, like Jan.

very good on FM. :townhmm:
Not aimed at you particular Bentaleb... but if one phrase on modern football gets my tit up, it's "..very good on FM"
Unless of course you're comparing the quality of DAB radio with the outdated FM... but I think you're not!

FOOTBALL MANAGER IS NOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL!!
It's like wearing lucky pants to a match, or putting your left sock on before your right...
Stop thinking it has any influence on the actual game of football!
:pochrolleyes::pocheyes:

...now if you'll excuse me, I have to go for my lucky pre-match wank, our FA Cup run is depending on it!!
:dierpochhug:

Not aimed at you particular Bentaleb... but if one phrase on modern football gets my tit up, it's Very good on FM
Unless you're comparing the merits of DAB radio with the outdated FM quality... but I think you're not!

It's like wearing lucky pants to a match, or putting your left sock on before your right...
heyyyyyyyy...dont be slagging off the lucky pants.i wore the fucking things for years, and the day i forgot was when enic bought us and we got rid of sugar

4SieHl.jpeg
The things I do for you people. now my search history includes "stained underpants"
"

What an absolute unit.

Thought he started the game a bit ropey. Probably nerves. Looked like he and Ball switched positions after a while and he looked a lot more assured and very solid. I think he's pretty much taken Fazios place now and hopefully he is given some game time and seen as more fourth choice centre half as Dier eases away from playing centre half ever again.

What an absolute unit.

Thought he started the game a bit ropey. Probably nerves. Looked like he and Ball switched positions after a while and he looked a lot more assured and very solid. I think he's pretty much taken Fazios place now and hopefully he is given some game time and seen as more fourth choice centre half as Dier eases away from playing centre half ever again.
Thought both Ball and CCV showed great character to came back from a poor first 20mins. How many times have we seen a Spurs team go two down early on, then go on to make that 5 or 6 by full time? They also continued to try to play out from the back too and gradually their confidence grew and they played themselves back into what turned out to be a controlled and largely untroubled 2nd half.

Thought both Ball and CCV showed great character to came back from a poor first 20mins. How many times have we seen a Spurs team go two down early on, then go on to make that 5 or 6 by full time? They also continued to try to play out from the back too and gradually their confidence grew and they played themselves back into what turned out to be a controlled and largely untroubled 2nd half.
I was surprised not to see Ball given an opportunity in defensive midfield. I heard rave reviews from Rangers fans when he was tried there. I reckon he'll probably end up being loaned out as I feel Carter-Vickers is ahead of him for a central defensive position.

I hope he is loaned to a top Championship club or even a lower Premier League club (like a Burnley), because it's always great to have talented youth players around the squad who WANT to improve and who know the club.

I was surprised not to see Ball given an opportunity in defensive midfield. I heard rave reviews from Rangers fans when he was tried there. I reckon he'll probably end up being loaned out as I feel Carter-Vickers is ahead of him for a central defensive position.

I hope he is loaned to a top Championship club or even a lower Premier League club (like a Burnley), because it's always great to have talented youth players around the squad who WANT to improve and who know the club.
I sat next to his Dad for a game at The Lamex (can't remember who we were playing) and he was saying that he will go anywhere and do anything that the club told him to do. Was given the impression he is someone totally committed to becoming a footballer 1st and a big money earner 2nd. I had Veljkovic ahead of him but as he has gone there might be an opportunity for him.

Thought he was decent after the first minutes, which werent really his fault as that play by Ball was pretty bad. Let in one run behind, but that was a combo of him and Yedlin letting Pjanic through on a perfect run.

Not aimed at you particular Bentaleb... but if one phrase on modern football gets my tit up, it's "..very good on FM"
Unless of course you're comparing the quality of DAB radio with the outdated FM... but I think you're not!

:pochrolleyes::pocheyes:

...now if you'll excuse me, I have to go for my lucky pre-match wank, our FA Cup run is depending on it!!
:dierpochhug:
I do the pre match wank thing, on a regular basis. There is always a match going on somewhere in the world and the law of averages says I can knock one out before it kicks off.

heyyyyyyyy...dont be slagging off the lucky pants.i wore the fucking things for years, and the day i forgot was when enic bought us and we got rid of sugar

4SieHl.jpeg
The things I do for you people. now my search history includes "stained underpants"
"
Hope there isn't a spate of underwear fetishism thefts in your area and you get pulled in on suspicion.

Got to agree with that. Also another point was there was not actually much on for them in the middle or flanks and they had to play it amongst themselves first half. They were obviously nervous and eager to impress, we have all been there.
There was the added dilemma of who was dropping into the centre when they split. You could see they were drilled to split and Miller push up, but sometimes nobody dropped in at all when they did.
When this happened they were left with no options but to hit it long and did what they were told, try to keep possession under pressure of 3 men pressing.
They were not exactly completely out of their depth seeing as they are very inexperienced in top flight and it was Juventus. The experience can only help them improve.

I do the pre match wank thing, on a regular basis. There is always a match going on somewhere in the world and the law of averages says I can knock one out before it kicks off.
The only problem I find with the pre-match wank, is that the Paxton Road Stewards ask you to move away from the Family section and into the concourse toilets!!

Spoilsports!
:dierno::levywhoa::walkercry::lameladisgust:

:eriksenlol:

What a bright bright future this player has.

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts against Everton with WImmer playing ZERO pre-season games and Vertonghen still injured.

Back
Top Bottom