Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just trailing through Twitter on the journey home & seen that Cameron has the choice between a loan move to Swansea or Ipswich as a possibility to him this year.

Wouldn't it be in our best interests for him to go to Swansea? Surely if we want Grealish we want Swansea to be competitive in that league so it makes it harder for Villa to go up. A bit naughty but why don't we use loans to our advantage where it isn't just limited to player development?

The way Swansea play would probably suit us more long term as well I really hope he chooses that move if it's a genuine possibility

yeaa... well... how to say it...

Grealish is a fish in the sea. We are nowhere near as desperate to prioritize our own players developement behind increasing our chances of signing some bang average bloke from Championship. I mean, seriously?!? If we'd be talking about catching something big like luring back Modric or Bale... but to consider his loan move as plot to get freaking Grealish ... I hope it was some kind of wicked sarcasm, if not I am really puzzled about desperation levels of some fans.

That being said, I believe that Swans might be very good option for him. Until it is chosen based on his own interest, I have absolutely nothing against this move. Clearly he is not likely to get significant game time for us. Right now it seems Alderweireld is staying, we have Jan and Sanchez, can deploy Dier in CD as well. In this light one might even consider a loan move to Foyth... though EPL window is closed and I am not sure loaning him to Championship would have much point. Maybe if things don't change too much, then in January window ;)

Gonna miss The Swans. :dawsonmean:

p.s. The Martinez/Rogers/Laudrup style of football at Swansea is no more...

Graham Potter is a wizard. Swansea will be playing like Barcelona before long. And I'm not even kidding. Wouldn't mind Potter at spurs the day Poch leaves (hopefully never) to be honest.

Really good move for him.

Definitely an improvement on the likes of Sheffield United and Ipswich and he should see himself play week in week out for a team that really should be competing for at least the playoffs.

I do sadly think Championship is likely his level but we've all been wrong before on a certain talent so who knows?

Good to see that the club are looking into things like this, will likely mean Onomahs contract will be terminated too.

Looking more and more likely that CCV isn't going to make it here though. Just hope we can get some decent money for him.

Good to see that the club are looking into things like this, will likely mean Onomahs contract will be terminated too.

Looking more and more likely that CCV isn't going to make it here though. Just hope we can get some decent money for him.
Loan back to Ipswich with an option to buy for between 5-10 mil. 5 most likely which would be a fair deal imo

Man oh man....

CCV, Onomah, and Edwards... What a myth our "amazing" academy is.

Winks, KWP, Skipp .......errr Kane.

It has probably justified its existence for the next few years (decades) on the last one alone.

Plus the existence of the academy isn't JUST to produce a guaranteed stream of top four quality players (which in itself is a ridiculous notion), but to also ensure a steady revenue stream that can be used to reinvest in things like... i don't know.... the best training facility in the south of England or the biggest domestic stadium in London.

Or wages for the wealth of world class players on our books which, ironically, raise the grade required for Academy players to make an impact on the first team.

Last edited:
yes that's exactly what i said

Well you said our "amazing" academy was a myth.

Four players from that "amazing" academy started and got a point away at the Nou Camp and another one made his Premier League debut just 2 days ago.

So I'm not really sure what you mean. Unless of course, our academy is pretty amazing and has produced more England internationals than any other over the last 10 years.

and unless CCV, Onomah and Edwards leave us on free transfers (which is pretty unlikely), I'd say our academy has been successful with those three too. Our academies job is to produce professional footballers. It does that as good as any.

Last edited:
Well you said our "amazing" academy was a myth.

Four players from that "amazing" academy started and got a point away at the Nou Camp and another one made his Premier League debut just 2 days ago.

So I'm not really sure what you mean. Unless of course, our academy is pretty amazing and has produced more England internationals than any other over the last 10 years.

and unless CCV, Onomah and Edwards leave us on free transfers (which is pretty unlikely), I'd say our academy has been successful with those three too. Our academies job is to produce professional footballers. It does that as good as any.

Wasn't considering selling players as a win.

Over the last few years, CCV, Onomah, Edwards, Sterling, Griffiths, KWP have all been proclaimed as a future starting XI in the senior squad. Now KWP is the only one left with a real chance.

Still don't think we've seen pre-injury Winks. Not sure if we'll see him again. Hope we do.

Skipp seems very promising, but still has a long way to go.

Wasn't considering selling players as a win.

Over the last few years, CCV, Onomah, Edwards, Sterling, Griffiths, KWP have all been proclaimed as a future starting XI in the senior squad. Now KWP is the only one left with a real chance.

I think making money on any player you haven't specifically paid money for is always a win - especially when it's someone you've developed for over a decade.

They were proclaimed as future starters in the same way that every club and their set of fans predict future youth stars as being in the first team (circumstances can change). Those players mentioned aren't even all part of the same age group though. Realistically, you should be happy for 1 (or at a stretch 2) players making it to the first team and playing at Premier League level.

2008-2012 saw our youth team consist of Kane, Mason, Townsend, Adam Smith, Livermore, Button, Obika, Rose, Caulker, Carroll, Pritchard, Fredericks, Archer, Luongo, Coulthirst, Oduwa, Cox, Parrett, Bostock etc.

6 of those mentioned went on to get an international cap with England (Kane, Mason, Townsend, Livermore, Rose, Caulker)
3 of those mentioned went on to get international caps elsewhere (Archer, Luongo, Cox)
10 of those mentioned went on to play for Premier League football. (Kane, Mason, Townsend, Smith, Livermore, Rose, Caulker, Carroll, Pritchard, Fredericks)
15 of those mentioned above played for Tottenham in competitive games.

From sales, we made near on £50,000,000 on that lot, and we all know the price of Harry kane.

2013-2017 saw our youth team consist of Bentaleb, Veljkovic, Ball, McEvoy, Ceballos, Winks, Onomah, Azzaoui, Harrison, Sterling, Carter-Vickers, Walkes, Georgiou, Amos, Walker-Peters, Edwards, Lesniak, Marsh, Oakley-Boothe etc.

Not sure why I've done this in four year increments but it worked out better that way. Quite a few Internationals in that this group with Bentaleb, Veljkovic, Winks, Carter-Vickers and Georgiou.

Some would actually argue that the last 5 years hasn't been the best development wise for Tottenham regarding FUTURE Premier League players, could also be a reason why the likes of Onomah and Edwards etc. got high praise amongst mediocrity.

But a lot of people believe the next generation is the best we've had, especially since the class of 2008 bunch. Skipp, Bowden, Eyoma, Lyons-Foster, Maghoma, Shashoua are all ones to look out for.

Back
Top Bottom