Burnley away - 17:30 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any congrats from Shearer yet?

He said..........
Have a lot of time for this guy, talks great sense...Burnley are also a great advert for continuity, they obviously have the right man but it would have been very easy to sack him after they got relegated, but they are definitely reaping the benefits of having stuck with him.

He's achieved a fucking sight more this season through hard work, tactical nous, than that smarmy cunt Guardiola and with a squad costing nearly two whole Sterling's (according to the PL stats).

I'd like to see Pep or Jose trot up the M65 and along Pike Hill and put in a shift with that squad. Just one season and we'd see who really earns their crust and it wouldn't be either of those two self entitled cunts.

I agree, he works hard, his issue is just he's a bit clumsy and his age isn't on his side, but as I said he didn't do anything wrong with that chance yesterday.
Apart from not touching the inside of the net with the ball.
He had two chances in that passage of play and he should have scored with the first for sure and probably with the second.
Glad to hear he had a good game otherwise though, it will do his confidence the world of good. Those physical sides are where he will always stand out and they give him the chance to contribute to the squad and the team. Good for him

Apart from not touching the inside of the net with the ball.
He had two chances in that passage of play and he should have scored with the first for sure and probably with the second.
Glad to hear he had a good game otherwise though, it will do his confidence the world of good. Those physical sides are where he will always stand out and they give him the chance to contribute to the squad and the team. Good for him
In his defence, Burnley's goalie pulled off two worldie/lucky saves. Just managed to get his toe on his first shot and then managed to squeeze his legs together just enough to divert the second outside of goal.

9 times out of 10 those are goals

I agree, he works hard, his issue is just he's a bit clumsy and his age isn't on his side, but as I said he didn't do anything wrong with that chance yesterday.
He is now very motivated, especially with Aurier now at the club, has to be backed every week not bollocked.

Last edited:
In his defence, Burnley's goalie pulled off two worldie/lucky saves. Just managed to get his toe on his first shot and then managed to squeeze his legs together just enough to divert the second outside of goal.

9 times out of 10 those are goals

The often used expression by pundits is "you have to 'work' the keeper" and both shots were hit straight at him. I think the general principle of aiming at the bits of goal not obscured by the goalkeeper means you make him work to stop a goal.
I would have said they were two routine saves rather than "worldies."
In his defence he's not a striker and not everyone has Eriksen's gifts at ball placement but even so........

The often used expression by pundits is "you have to 'work' the keeper" and both shots were hit straight at him.
The first shot was saved by the keeper spreading himself as wide as possible and he saved it with his outstretched foot.

If you regard that as “hit straight at him”, then that describes every save ever made.

December 17th...
The City result has destroyed our recovery before it really started. I expect us to lose three of the next five league games. The way some of our stars are playing suggests there are problems in the dressing room. I will be surprised if Poch is our manager at the start of next season. Pains me to say it... but the cracks have started to appear and they are fucken massive
7 days & one game later...
We should win our games between now and the end of January. Then we have Man U, Woolwich, and Liverpool before the first leg of the Champions League tie with the Old Lady. What a cunt if a run of games that is. Let’s hope we have a good bit of winning momentum going by then

:angryscouser:

The goal is 8 yards wide, the keeper should never have a chance really.
I’d agree if the keeper was on his line, but if you consider that the way he spread himself and closed down the space to shoot at, the 8 yards wide goal gets a lot narrower. If the keeper had failed to save that shot, it would have gone into the net very close to the post. He had a couple of feet to aim at, not 8 yards.

Just watching the highlights again while the boys fuck about with Pokemon and chemistry sets.

Dele’s challenge was good. No controversy there. It was actually a brilliant block. I like that he’s perfecting an aggressive side to his game.

Penalty was kosher.

Sissoko was alright. I’m beginning to like him.

Kane is the complete forward.

The first shot was saved by the keeper spreading himself as wide as possible and he saved it with his outstretched foot.

If you regard that as “hit straight at him”, then that describes every save ever made.
Watch it again. The keeper stretches his leg out in front of him. If he'd stayed on his feet he could have kicked it clear.
The ball was played almost straight at him.
I think you would be being festively generous to qualify it as a world class save.

Watch it again. The keeper stretches his leg out in front of him. If he'd stayed on his feet he could have kicked it clear.
The ball was played almost straight at him.
I think you would be being festively generous to qualify it as a world class save.
Have to agree to disagree. I think the keeper did well and got lucky.

Nowhere near a world class save, but nowhere near a miss either.

I have heard it said that Kane shoots early and in other words the GK is not ready and therefore cannot react. Other lesser mortals such as Sissoko perhaps give the GK more time to react and do not have the same power on the shot. Whilst Kane has missed/ failed to score similar attempts his ratio of goals to chances is much higher. This is not the first time Sissoko has failed to put away a good opportunity and the more it happens the more he will try and make sure he is on target resulting in less power and more likelyhood of the GK saving. Vicious circle which will only be broken by practicing shooting and finally scoring a few to get more confidence.

Back
Top Bottom