Burnley (a) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shittest MOTM

• Total voters
The sexual tension is strong in here.
E0SAJY3.gif

You really want to compare Eriksen with Sissoko? Great idea, they are both AM's converted to predominantly playing CM/8's this season, either side of Winks.

You do realise that 1.9 is more than double the rate of Sissoko's 0.9? And as well as Eriksen getting through more ball than Sissoko too (50-45), he also has 14 goal/assists and Sissoko has....2. Eriksen even tackles the same (1.2) per game that Sissoko does.

Even if you delve a little deeper and look at pressure events (Statsbomb metrics for measuring the defensive work like pressing the ball - not just tackles etc) - Eriksen averages 22 pressure events per game, Sissoko's 13 per game, pressure regains Eriksen 4.7 to Sissoko's 2.7.

It's just an embarrassing comparison in every way. Eriksen would probably be better in goal in than Sissoko.

The fact you are trying to claim Eriksen and Sissoko play the same role says everything.
The fact you tried to say Eriksen is the most productive in the team (when he's thrid) and one of the most in the PL (when he's 11th) speaks volumes.
The fact you call a comparison with Sissoko embarrassing in every way, after doing a detailed comparison shows how desperate you are to prove Eriksens form.

However, if Sissoko is a pub player, he's a little too close to Eriksens stats wouldnt you say....I mean he's "even got the same amount of tackles". You're the one claiming they play the same role, yet you try and make that stat a negative on Sissoko. How so? Eriksen doesnt make more tackles than a pub player, "playing the same position"....you're all over the gaff.

I watch games with my eyes. The stats that matter, are goals, assists, and contribution to team goals etc etc (for an attacker)
Pressure regain isnt a thing. Pressure events dont exist. Its a made up load of bollocks to try and make "jockying" sound uber technical.
Why isnt there a "stat bomb" for meaningless sideways passes and killing counter attacks? Im sure Eriksen would be way ahead there too.

In life the only guarantees are death and BC putting a positive spin on anything Eriksen does.

I'm surprised I haven't read "in the 75th minute he made more key passes in the centre circle than any other player aged 26-28 of Danish nationality". It's pathetic, especially when he slags off players such as Sissoko, who are technically limited but put in a lot more effort than Eriksen, at every opportunity.

BC, I'd love to know what you made of Eriksen's role in Burnley's second goal?

The fact you are trying to claim Eriksen and Sissoko play the same role says everything.
The fact you tried to say Eriksen is the most productive in the team (when he's thrid) and one of the most in the PL (when he's 11th) speaks volumes.
The fact you call a comparison with Sissoko embarrassing in every way, after doing a detailed comparison shows how desperate you are to prove Eriksens form.

However, if Sissoko is a pub player, he's a little too close to Eriksens stats wouldnt you say....I mean he's "even got the same amount of tackles". You're the one claiming they play the same role, yet you try and make that stat a negative on Sissoko. How so? Eriksen doesnt make more tackles than a pub player, "playing the same position"....you're all over the gaff.

I watch games with my eyes. The stats that matter, are goals, assists, and contribution to team goals etc etc (for an attacker)
Pressure regain isnt a thing. Pressure events dont exist. Its a made up load of bollocks to try and make "jockying" sound uber technical.
Why isnt there a "stat bomb" for meaningless sideways passes and killing counter attacks? Im sure Eriksen would be way ahead there too.

Yeah, ignore that goals, assists, key passes, passes, pressing (because you can't see it, doesn't actually mean it doesn't exist - but I can assure you it does) lets focus on the only thing Sissoko actually matches Eriksen at, tackling. Proof that Sissoko is in fact as good as Eriksen.

The point is that - tackles/defensive - is the weakest part of Eriksen's game, but even that, the one thing you'd hope a big athletic unit like Sissoko might actually be able to do better than Eriksen (because everything else - he is doing a shit load worse than him) he isn't. Tackles the same and doesn't press the opposition as well.

But yeah, the people that are paid to watch, analyse, quantify and qualify with impartiality doesn't really exist, only Sammy vision counts in the solipsistic world of Sammy.

This is possibly the stupidest opinion Ive read since Gibbs' Modric bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom