Burnley (a) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shittest MOTM

• Total voters
Everyone was shite, except maybe the 2 Harrys.

Can someone explain to me how our 3 CBs made so many weak headers all game.

The ball is in the air, they go to head it and it either goes sideways, like they have head like a 50p piece or it drops 5yds in front of them to one of their lot.

Everyone was shite, except maybe the 2 Harrys.

Can someone explain to me how our 3 CBs made so many weak headers all game.

The ball is in the air, they go to head it and it either goes sideways, like they have head like a 50p piece or it drops 5yds in front of them to one of their lot.

Toby is a liability at corners, no centre half gets constantly stuck below the ball like he does. Say what you like about Foyth losing Wood, if Toby could get off the ground he would have headed the ball away before it got to their player.

But then as this board has pointed out to me, we apparently don't have a weakness defending corners.

“Becoming”? That’s like saying the US is starting to get a firearms problem!!

I try to give people a chance

I realise he’s Spurs but he’s becoming more and more irrational and not just about Sissoko now

How come you never complain about it being a MOTM, singling out a best player, every other week?

Ignore Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 , he just hates it because i don’t share his confirmation bias against Trippier.
I have praised Tirpps good games, every single one of them (Spurs and England) in his thread/match thread. I have made a conscious point of doing so, why? To not show bias to a player. I think Tripps is shit, that doesn't stop me giving an honest assessment (good or bad) on a game by game basis. I just don't see what can be gained by lying about how a player plays, what their contribution has been (good/bad) in a game of football and making up stats, confusing stats, interpreting stats incorrectly in an attempt to malign a player. And yes, when a player plays well and/or makes a positive contribution and you don't recognise this and in many cases go against the performance to post something derogatory about them, then that's a bias, that's an agenda and renders anything you say redundant.

I simply can't get my head around why you do this.

This Shit Game we call Football

What a fucking utter pile of wank that was. That's up there with the worst games we've played under Poch. In the last three weeks we've probably played 45 minutes of decent football out of 270, the second half against Dortmund being the bacon, sandwiched between the two thick cut slices of dog shit that were Leicester and Burnley.

I didn't like the 3412 format that Poch started with, it's one CB too many and one central striker too many, leaving us desperately short of quality control in the middle of the pitch. And with Eriksen in the 10 role, he, Son and Kane were all funnelled into a very narrow congested channel. The attacking width that Rose and Aurier were supposed to provide barely materialised, and Winks struggled to play midfield all on his own as Sissoko trundled around like a baby rhino on a smack enema.

How the fuck Pochettino keeps picking Sissoko is anybodies guess. Such a terrible footballer, several times today just flapped the ball away under pressure. Today Winks was on the pitch 34 fucking minutes less than Sissoko and still managed to make 12 more passes. In 94 minutes Sissoko attempted 33 passes and managed to give 8 of them away. Second half he made 9 fucking passes. Burnley constantly threatened down our right as the fucking chuckle brothers Aurier and Sissoko played not to me, not to you.

All of the above made Poch's first sub absolutely fucking baffling. Firstly, we weren't struggling to get a foothold in this game because we lacked height in the box, or a third centre forward, we needed more control, more creativity, more craft. We had manage to build a little momentum second half, but Rose, Auier, Sissoko and Son were just bumbling about like silly cunts.

The logical choice would be to take Foyth off, who was not having a great day anyway, and by the second half was pretty moribund, drop Eriksen back, allowing him to play that 8/10 hybrid role where he can find more pockets of space, in the three man midfield type set up we've used mostly this season, and bring someone like Lamela on and go 433, outnumbering their CB's with our FB's still pushed up occupying their FB's. If he really, really had to take a midfielder off, surely take fucking Sissoko off, who was doing fuck all good, not Winks would have been the logical choice. What he did in taking Winks off, was exasperate a deficiency, made things worse not better, now we lost control of the midfield, the game got scrappy and Burnley were looking as likely as we were to get something.

His solution took out the only midfielder we had who was doing anything constructive, turned our only creative hope, Eriksen, into a shit DM just to put another useless body up top who needed to be creating for. Put simply, increased the burden to create and reduced the creative capability. It was fucking piss poor tactically.

It was another 15 minutes before he made the sub he should have made in the first place, but by then things had just got chaotic, and got even more chaotic as Poch kept desperately shoving on attacking bodies, in the end we looked like some grotesque characture of an Ardiles side.

I can't remember two games back to back as poor tactically as the last two league games, since Poch's first season. Burnley have ended up with an x/g of 1.31, ours was 91. Piss poor on both fronts.

Midfield has been our single biggest weak spot for the last 2 years. We watched Dier trundle about for chunks of it, only to be usurped now by the Sissoko aimless trundling of this season. How can he keep picking a player who is so uncomfortable under pressure in midfield, so technically inept, so devoid of game intelligence.

Individual

Lloris - OK

Aurier - Defensively piss poor, offensively inept. Hapless fucking play leading to their winner, could just nod it to Alderweireld, instead ops to kung fu kick it to them and then go awol. Fucking chump. Not helped by Sissoko's incompetence.

Foyth - Poor game. Lost his man at the corner, gave the ball away too much.

Alderweireld - Meh

Vertonghen - Not great, should have done better with the second goal, trying to use his left instead of his right.

Rose - As ever, got forward, but the odd cross he did put in he seemed to aim for the opposite corner flag.

Sissoko - 25 completed passes in 94 minutes. Repeatedly gave the ball away under pressure. Really, really shit game. Turgid. Pub level, and if it was my pub, he wouldn't even make that.

Winks - Struggled on his own in midfield, but was doing more than Sissoko, why he was subbed I have no idea.

Eriksen - Not his greatest day.

Kane - Great goal. worked hard.

Son - fucked about.

Poch - Piss poor.

pretty shit review as per usual, you talk way too much. also seems as tho u dislike son.

We've had a run of league games without Mr Kane that we've edged the wins, and maybe we were due an adverse result.

But what made that certain was that most of the players bar the two Harry's and Lloris had poor games - was that because we had got used to not having Harry and had got used to playing with Son as striker ? Dunno. But it wasn't a good performance and we didn't look like we really wanted it either.

Problem with having a few technically average players in the team is that if others play poorly they play poorly and the difference between a technically good player, like Eriksen playing poorly and a technically poor player like Aurier playing poorly is that the Eriksen's of the world look very average, whereas the Aurier's just look bad.

So Aurier seemed like the poorest player on the pitch yesterday, which is lucky for Sissoko who reverted to the Sissoko of last season and would have picked up the 'award' had Aurier not been kind to his mate.

I thought once we got the equaliser we had a chance to go out and get the win, but Burley rightly decided they might as well go for it.

Only really bright spot of the game was that Harry looks like he has hit the ground running after his injury. BTW his stats for the first half dozen or so games after injury from the last few injuries are a little under a goal a game.

Just hope that its a wake up call for the players and Poch knocks heads together before the next match. And Poch doesn't come out of the Burnley match well either with pre-match preparation and subs.

You read off lots of stats, but never link your source
1349865848-methsbottle-5-jpg.45621

How come you never complain about it being a MOTM, singling out a best player, every other week?

Ignore Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 , he just hates it because i don’t share his confirmation bias against Trippier.
A MOTM poll simply gives everyone the chance to tip their hat to the stand out guy in what was a horrible day all round, and likewise give an opinion on those who disappointed on the day....A shittest player poll just seems angry and aggressive towards 4 or 5 players who on the day “you” believe cost us, if I’m going to entertain this in the way you intended then all the players who played should be on that poll, my vote would go to Eriksen.

I have praised Tirpps good games, every single one of them (Spurs and England) in his thread/match thread. I have made a conscious point of doing so, why? To not show bias to a player. I think Tripps is shit, that doesn't stop me giving an honest assessment (good or bad) on a game by game basis. I just don't see what can be gained by lying about how a player plays, what their contribution has been (good/bad) in a game of football and making up stats, confusing stats, interpreting stats incorrectly in an attempt to malign a player. And yes, when a player plays well and/or makes a positive contribution and you don't recognise this and in many cases go against the performance to post something derogatory about them, then that's a bias, that's an agenda and renders anything you say redundant.

I simply can't get my head around why you do this.

Good one, see what you did there.

Your the one that makes stuff up, like you know our opponents tactics every week.

Your the one who posted a stats bomb graphic for 8 games which showed more heat down out right and claimed it proved Trippier was targeted, then got shown up when it was pointed out to you that he only played ; of those games, and the same heat map over 38 games showed we were attacked down our left.

Every genuine stat that proves Trippier does good stuff “doesn’t count” and apparently assists are the stupidest stat ever, until you want to use them for Aurier in the CL.

You post a disingenuous token praise of Trippier and then spend 99pc of the time calling him “shit”, “the worst Spurs player for decades” and our weakest link and a player who is the constant target of opponents.

Forgive me if I don’t buy your bullshit “but but I’m so fair” bollocks.

Your the one that makes stuff up, like you know our opponents tactics every week.

Your the one who posted a stats bomb graphic for 8 games which showed more heat down out right and claimed it proved Trippier was targeted, then got shown up when it was pointed out to you that he only played ; of those games, and the same heat map over 38 games showed we were attacked down our left.

Every genuine stat that proves Trippier does good stuff “doesn’t count” and apparently assists are the stupidest stat ever, until you want to use them for Aurier in the CL.

You post a disingenuous token praise of Trippier and then spend 99pc of the time calling him “shit”, “the worst Spurs player for decades” and our weakest link and a player who is the constant target of opponents.

Give it a fucking rest you fucking TWAT!

I think you could be a good poster if you reign it in but no you choose to double down on the look at what a cunt I am stakes.

Tripps IS targeted almost every fucking game he plays, I post this without stats, but seeing as you only appear to judge football based off of stats and NOTHING else I chose to post the stats and an entire article attributed to the oppo choosing our right as our weak link. The stats that you constantly say I got "shown up" with was an actual article about our right being targeted by the oppo, the graphic was just something that came with the article. So a professional writer and analyst writes a whole article on the subject I felt relevant to post as it supported exactly what I have been saying for over a year, it makes it entirely relevant. So please continue to ignore this all you want, continue to watch football bt numbers, you obviously don't use your eyes.

If I can post positives on two players I don't rate (Sissoko and Tripps) then I'd say that makes me a fair poster. What exactly would you call that if not fair?

You’re

After we stuff the Chavs mid week this bunch of posts will be redundant.
We had a shit game after a rest, so what, move on , get over it.
Keep the faith

Give it a fucking rest you fucking TWAT!

I think you could be a good poster if you reign it in but no you choose to double down on the look at what a cunt I am stakes.

Tripps IS targeted almost every fucking game he plays, I post this without stats, but seeing as you only appear to judge football based off of stats and NOTHING else I chose to post the stats and an entire article attributed to the oppo choosing our right as our weak link. The stats that you constantly say I got "shown up" with was an actual article about our right being targeted by the oppo, the graphic was just something that came with the article. So a professional writer and analyst writes a whole article on the subject I felt relevant to post as it supported exactly what I have been saying for over a year, it makes it entirely relevant. So please continue to ignore this all you want, continue to watch football bt numbers, you obviously don't use your eyes.

If I can post positives on two players I don't rate (Sissoko and Tripps) then I'd say that makes me a fair poster. What exactly would you call that if not fair?

You mean numbers like MOTD2 info graphs? The bloke that wrote that piece for stats bomb caveated it himself, and you know this, and also provided the stats for the season which completely contradicted it. You know this too.

You're the one that claims you know what opposition managers tell their players every week.

And then there's all the really "fair" stuff you say about Trippier every single week. Every cross is him "giving the ball away" "He can't play out from the back" "all he does is cross it". Every goal is his fault, he's never in the right place. Blah blah

What you doing? seeing my double down on what a cunt I am stakes and raising me?

Fucking mug.

You mean numbers like MOTD2 info graphs? The bloke that wrote that piece for stats bomb caveated it himself, and you know this, and also provided the stats for the season which completely contradicted it. You know this too.

You're the one that claims you know what opposition managers tell their players every week.

And then there's all the really "fair" stuff you say about Trippier every single week. Every cross is him "giving the ball away" "He can't play out from the back" "all he does is cross it". Every goal is his fault, he's never in the right place. Blah blah

What you doing? seeing my double down on what a cunt I am stakes and raising me?

Fucking mug.
I don’t praise Tripps every week because there isn’t much to praise. I praise his good games, EVERY SINGLE one of them, all in black and white, but they are few of them and this season he’s been absolutely diabolical, everyone knows this, everyone’s been talking about this. If he plays shit I’m going to say so. I don’t rate him, I think he’s shit BUT I still acknowledge when he’s played well.

I don’t rate Sissoko, yet 90% of my posts about him are about a more or less positive contribution, which also includes his previous two seasons. You see the difference.

You see the difference? You really can’t handle this it seems, getting aggressive now. Keep posting mate, keep posting assist stats of Tripp’s, keep telling us Sissoko is shit when he’s put in yet another MOTM performance. People are laughing at you, just do yourself a favour and pause and ask why. But you won’t, you’ll belligerently carry on typing shite.

Why do you keep harping on and on about MOTD graphic? It was posted as it was used in the post match analysis by Jenas, who’s ENTIRE analysis was specificity about Trippier being “got at”!! That’s TWO specific pieces of analysis done by professionals on the same subject.

Expects another post from you repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over........

Source please.....I just posted in the Eriksen thread with a link, showing that Kane and Son produce more.
50 passes a game, yet just 1.9 key passes per game....the vast majority simple lay offs in the middle of the pitch

You keep, trying to skew the stats in his favour. If you truly believed in his contribution, you wouldnt need to do that

In comparison, Sissoko (who you think is total shit and a pub footballer) makes 45 passes, and 0.9 are key.

So Eriksen stats hardly bathe him in glory.

You really want to compare Eriksen with Sissoko? Great idea, they are both AM's converted to predominantly playing CM/8's this season, either side of Winks.

You do realise that 1.9 is more than double the rate of Sissoko's 0.9? And as well as Eriksen getting through more ball than Sissoko too (50-45), he also has 14 goal/assists and Sissoko has....2. Eriksen even tackles the same (1.2) per game that Sissoko does.

Even if you delve a little deeper and look at pressure events (Statsbomb metrics for measuring the defensive work like pressing the ball - not just tackles etc) - Eriksen averages 22 pressure events per game, Sissoko's 13 per game, pressure regains Eriksen 4.7 to Sissoko's 2.7.

It's just an embarrassing comparison in every way. Eriksen would probably be better in goal in than Sissoko.

I don’t praise Tripps every week because there isn’t much to praise. I praise his good games, EVERY SINGLE one of them, all in black and white, but they are few of them and this season he’s been absolutely diabolical, everyone knows this, everyone’s been talking about this. If he plays shit I’m going to say so. I don’t rate him, I think he’s shit BUT I still acknowledge when he’s played well.

I don’t rate Sissoko, yet 90% of my posts about him are about a more or less positive contribution, which also includes his previous two seasons. You see the difference.

You see the difference? You really can’t handle this it seems, getting aggressive now. Keep posting mate, keep posting assist stats of Tripp’s, keep telling us Sissoko is shit when he’s put in yet another MOTM performance. People are laughing at you, just do yourself a favour and pause and ask why. But you won’t, you’ll belligerently carry on typing shite.

Why do you keep harping on and on about MOTD graphic? It was posted as it was used in the post match analysis by Jenas, who’s ENTIRE analysis was specificity about Trippier being “got at”!! That’s TWO specific pieces of analysis done by professionals on the same subject.

Expects another post from you repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over........

So post a load of the same shit again, and then end it with "expects post repeating same shit".

Fucking hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom