Burnley (a) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shittest MOTM

• Total voters
Can't decide ?

Na I just think it's pretty poor that you're making this thread and leaving other fans to go along with your beliefs. If you're going to do one based on ratings, the bias should be kept at a minimum. Leaving people to vote on the shittest based on how you see it I don't really think it's on mate.

We're having a great season, against all odds and I personally think badmouthing the boys efforts doesn't donthe club any good. Just my opinion on the matter.

I won't be voting, I don't think it's on and it don't feel right as a supporter of the club. Just don't think it's on taking the piss out of them, its demeaning to the efforts of all involved & something I'd expect from someone who supports one of the other London clubs in our direction

Very bad day at the office, however you have to give Burnley credit, they defended with ten men but still managed to break away throughout the game. When we scored I expected Burnley to shut up shop they didn't they pushed for a winner ... looking at their 2019 results they are a club playing well.

That said we still should be winning these games, just not enough urgency and in hindsight Poch got that team all wrong. Foyth is no right back, and having Aurier as his cover was always a huge risk. Burnley exploited that weakness time after time. Sissoko with two players outside him (Foyth and Aurier) has nowhere to go, he just looked lost all game.

Hindsight is easy, but with Kane not having trained with the squad for six weeks why not stick with what has been working very well and ease Kane back in slowly. The complete change of formation just didn't work, we lost our urgency and several players just looked on a different planet Sissoko, Son, Winks were shadows compared to the last month.

Not surprised Poch was angry, he knew we played poorly, he knew that was any chance of the title gone, and deep down he probably knew that he fucked up ... it happens ... on we go to CL glory. The EPL title will have to wait until next season.

Well this is a surprise, you're normally such a fan.

If you did have a pub, it would only serve piss poor beer like Carlsberg, have no BT or SKY sports, the pool table would lean to one side, the darts would have no flights and the only food you'd serve would be out of date cheese and onion crisps.

That sounds like the perfect boozer to me?

Ho hum.
Disappointing but it wouldn’t be spurs if the ride want bumpy.
Upwards & onwards to Wednesday. We seem to hit a groove when the games are coming thick and fast rather than the lads having too much time on their hands.
Just wish Poch had flattened that mincing bald cunt Dean

Aurier was a shit waiting to happen ., a Jack ass .
Central midfield weak unproductive
Little creativity as Eriksen, is a dude that couldn't open a bottle of maple syrup without breaking it today . Foryth a middleweight against Rocky Macciano.
Lights out dudes , only 5 hours a day .

Can’t believe we’r running a thread on who was the worst player, even the manager gets a vote...what makes this game so special to warrant such blame directed at any individual? It’s a fucking team game, like it or not the players on that list are part of our squad, it’s what we have, and people need to accept it, these are the same players that have us sitting 3rd in the league and 90mins from the CL quarter finals with a 3 goal lead in our favor, yet indirectly we are now being asked to vote for the person who has fucked up our season.....Woolwich fan TV wouldn’t have a look in.....COYS!!

Gimme Shelter .
It had to happen, we have been lucky recently , pulling it out of bag when we could have dropped points. Dortmund 2nd half has been our only outstanding performance for some time.
Lioris , 6
Rose , spirited but as usual final delivery in row z. 4
Toby , Jan , not at their best 5.
Foryth , at least a year away off becoming a regular. Lightweight constanly bullied , needs a stone of upper body strength .4
Aurier, my God what have we done to deserve him. 90% shit games , cant beat a man , plays balls back breaking any attacking impetus . KWP must start as he's our only half decent option. 2
Sissoko central midfield is very weak 4
Winks , sideways central . Tidy but uninspiring . A mistake to be taken off but Poch has so little to choose of quality in this position. 5
Eriksen , insipid 4.
Son , did absolutely nothing 3.
Kane , effort , very little to feed off but a good goal. 6

Poch out thought , tatically wrong, team selection not the best to compete with a heavyweight static Burnley , 3.

Lloris - 5 - had nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net twice
Aurier - 4 - typical daft performance
Alderweireld - 5 - neither good nor bad
Vertonghen - 4 - lost his man for the winning goal
Foyth - 4 - always trying to play but very raw still
Rose - 4 - one good throw in, not one decent cross
Winks - 6 - kept things moving, we couldn’t play football after he went off
Sissoko - 4 - limitations exposed when there is little space/high pressure
Eriksen - 3 - I don’t think he left the dressing room
Son - 5 - looked lively when he got on the ball, which wasn’t often
Kane - 6 - scored a goal and looked dangerous

Subs
Llorente - 3 - all he did was foul
Lamela - 4 - should have scored easy header at the end
Lucas - 5 - no time to have an impact

Hey brother , keep level .
I think your being unfair to the dude BC.
His rating page offers another dimension compared to quick fire match thread . I don't bushwack if the sun shines.
Many dig it so lets us have the ride.
Grest respect main man.

What a lovely civil reply. Thank you. I was expecting some vitriol and abuse so I was pleasantly surprised.
I just think that bus-conductor bus-conductor threads need to be more subjective and analytical rather than aggressive and abusive. I guess we're all fans here and no one was happy with yesterday's performance...however, I would like his threads to be more balanced and remove the bias he clearly has against certain players...not sure how you can have a shittest man of the match poll for instance when there were what 14 players involved yesterday.
Anyways, merci for the great reply. COYS

Na I just think it's pretty poor that you're making this thread and leaving other fans to go along with your beliefs. If you're going to do one based on ratings, the bias should be kept at a minimum. Leaving people to vote on the shittest based on how you see it I don't really think it's on mate.

We're having a great season, against all odds and I personally think badmouthing the boys efforts doesn't donthe club any good. Just my opinion on the matter.

I won't be voting, I don't think it's on and it don't feel right as a supporter of the club. Just don't think it's on taking the piss out of them, its demeaning to the efforts of all involved & something I'd expect from someone who supports one of the other London clubs in our direction

Well said Sir

This Shit Game we call Football

What a fucking utter pile of wank that was. That's up there with the worst games we've played under Poch. In the last three weeks we've probably played 45 minutes of decent football out of 270, the second half against Dortmund being the bacon, sandwiched between the two thick cut slices of dog shit that were Leicester and Burnley.

I didn't like the 3412 format that Poch started with, it's one CB too many and one central striker too many, leaving us desperately short of quality control in the middle of the pitch. And with Eriksen in the 10 role, he, Son and Kane were all funnelled into a very narrow congested channel. The attacking width that Rose and Aurier were supposed to provide barely materialised, and Winks struggled to play midfield all on his own as Sissoko trundled around like a baby rhino on a smack enema.

How the fuck Pochettino keeps picking Sissoko is anybodies guess. Such a terrible footballer, several times today just flapped the ball away under pressure. Today Winks was on the pitch 34 fucking minutes less than Sissoko and still managed to make 12 more passes. In 94 minutes Sissoko attempted 33 passes and managed to give 8 of them away. Second half he made 9 fucking passes. Burnley constantly threatened down our right as the fucking chuckle brothers Aurier and Sissoko played not to me, not to you.

All of the above made Poch's first sub absolutely fucking baffling. Firstly, we weren't struggling to get a foothold in this game because we lacked height in the box, or a third centre forward, we needed more control, more creativity, more craft. We had manage to build a little momentum second half, but Rose, Auier, Sissoko and Son were just bumbling about like silly cunts.

The logical choice would be to take Foyth off, who was not having a great day anyway, and by the second half was pretty moribund, drop Eriksen back, allowing him to play that 8/10 hybrid role where he can find more pockets of space, in the three man midfield type set up we've used mostly this season, and bring someone like Lamela on and go 433, outnumbering their CB's with our FB's still pushed up occupying their FB's. If he really, really had to take a midfielder off, surely take fucking Sissoko off, who was doing fuck all good, not Winks would have been the logical choice. What he did in taking Winks off, was exasperate a deficiency, made things worse not better, now we lost control of the midfield, the game got scrappy and Burnley were looking as likely as we were to get something.

His solution took out the only midfielder we had who was doing anything constructive, turned our only creative hope, Eriksen, into a shit DM just to put another useless body up top who needed to be creating for. Put simply, increased the burden to create and reduced the creative capability. It was fucking piss poor tactically.

It was another 15 minutes before he made the sub he should have made in the first place, but by then things had just got chaotic, and got even more chaotic as Poch kept desperately shoving on attacking bodies, in the end we looked like some grotesque characture of an Ardiles side.

I can't remember two games back to back as poor tactically as the last two league games, since Poch's first season. Burnley have ended up with an x/g of 1.31, ours was 91. Piss poor on both fronts.

Midfield has been our single biggest weak spot for the last 2 years. We watched Dier trundle about for chunks of it, only to be usurped now by the Sissoko aimless trundling of this season. How can he keep picking a player who is so uncomfortable under pressure in midfield, so technically inept, so devoid of game intelligence.

Individual

Lloris - OK

Aurier - Defensively piss poor, offensively inept. Hapless fucking play leading to their winner, could just nod it to Alderweireld, instead ops to kung fu kick it to them and then go awol. Fucking chump. Not helped by Sissoko's incompetence.

Foyth - Poor game. Lost his man at the corner, gave the ball away too much.

Alderweireld - Meh

Vertonghen - Not great, should have done better with the second goal, trying to use his left instead of his right.

Rose - As ever, got forward, but the odd cross he did put in he seemed to aim for the opposite corner flag.

Sissoko - 25 completed passes in 94 minutes. Repeatedly gave the ball away under pressure. Really, really shit game. Turgid. Pub level, and if it was my pub, he wouldn't even make that.

Winks - Struggled on his own in midfield, but was doing more than Sissoko, why he was subbed I have no idea.

Eriksen - Not his greatest day.

Kane - Great goal. worked hard.

Son - fucked about.

Poch - Piss poor.

You read off lots of stats, but never link your source

Apart from goals, assists, being our highest chance creator, averaging 50 passes a game he's doing fuck all for us.

Source please.....I just posted in the Eriksen thread with a link, showing that Kane and Son produce more.
50 passes a game, yet just 1.9 key passes per game....the vast majority simple lay offs in the middle of the pitch

You keep, trying to skew the stats in his favour. If you truly believed in his contribution, you wouldnt need to do that

In comparison, Sissoko (who you think is total shit and a pub footballer) makes 45 passes, and 0.9 are key.

So Eriksen stats hardly bathe him in glory.

Can’t believe we’r running a thread on who was the worst player, even the manager gets a vote...what makes this game so special to warrant such blame directed at any individual? It’s a fucking team game, like it or not the players on that list are part of our squad, it’s what we have, and people need to accept it, these are the same players that have us sitting 3rd in the league and 90mins from the CL quarter finals with a 3 goal lead in our favor, yet indirectly we are now being asked to vote for the person who has fucked up our season.....Woolwich fan TV wouldn’t have a look in.....COYS!!
Go to every one of these threads and you will notice a confirmation bias with the same players so strong with the author I don't even bother reading what has been posted, not even a word. It's well worth spending the 10-15mins to save you the time in the long run, much better reading the posts that follow and click the vote.

How come you never complain about it being a MOTM, singling out a best player, every other week?

Ignore Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 , he just hates it because i don’t share his confirmation bias against Trippier.

Back
Top Bottom