Burnley (a) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shittest MOTM

• Total voters
This Shit Game we call Football

What a fucking utter pile of wank that was. That's up there with the worst games we've played under Poch. In the last three weeks we've probably played 45 minutes of decent football out of 270, the second half against Dortmund being the bacon, sandwiched between the two thick cut slices of dog shit that were Leicester and Burnley.

I didn't like the 3412 format that Poch started with, it's one CB too many and one central striker too many, leaving us desperately short of quality control in the middle of the pitch. And with Eriksen in the 10 role, he, Son and Kane were all funnelled into a very narrow congested channel. The attacking width that Rose and Aurier were supposed to provide barely materialised, and Winks struggled to play midfield all on his own as Sissoko trundled around like a baby rhino on a smack enema.

How the fuck Pochettino keeps picking Sissoko is anybodies guess. Such a terrible footballer, several times today just flapped the ball away under pressure. Today Winks was on the pitch 34 fucking minutes less than Sissoko and still managed to make 12 more passes. In 94 minutes Sissoko attempted 33 passes and managed to give 8 of them away. Second half he made 9 fucking passes. Burnley constantly threatened down our right as the fucking chuckle brothers Aurier and Sissoko played not to me, not to you.

All of the above made Poch's first sub absolutely fucking baffling. Firstly, we weren't struggling to get a foothold in this game because we lacked height in the box, or a third centre forward, we needed more control, more creativity, more craft. We had manage to build a little momentum second half, but Rose, Auier, Sissoko and Son were just bumbling about like silly cunts.

The logical choice would be to take Foyth off, who was not having a great day anyway, and by the second half was pretty moribund, drop Eriksen back, allowing him to play that 8/10 hybrid role where he can find more pockets of space, in the three man midfield type set up we've used mostly this season, and bring someone like Lamela on and go 433, outnumbering their CB's with our FB's still pushed up occupying their FB's. If he really, really had to take a midfielder off, surely take fucking Sissoko off, who was doing fuck all good, not Winks would have been the logical choice. What he did in taking Winks off, was exasperate a deficiency, made things worse not better, now we lost control of the midfield, the game got scrappy and Burnley were looking as likely as we were to get something.

His solution took out the only midfielder we had who was doing anything constructive, turned our only creative hope, Eriksen, into a shit DM just to put another useless body up top who needed to be creating for. Put simply, increased the burden to create and reduced the creative capability. It was fucking piss poor tactically.

It was another 15 minutes before he made the sub he should have made in the first place, but by then things had just got chaotic, and got even more chaotic as Poch kept desperately shoving on attacking bodies, in the end we looked like some grotesque characture of an Ardiles side.

I can't remember two games back to back as poor tactically as the last two league games, since Poch's first season. Burnley have ended up with an x/g of 1.31, ours was 91. Piss poor on both fronts.

Midfield has been our single biggest weak spot for the last 2 years. We watched Dier trundle about for chunks of it, only to be usurped now by the Sissoko aimless trundling of this season. How can he keep picking a player who is so uncomfortable under pressure in midfield, so technically inept, so devoid of game intelligence.

Individual

Lloris - OK

Aurier - Defensively piss poor, offensively inept. Hapless fucking play leading to their winner, could just nod it to Alderweireld, instead ops to kung fu kick it to them and then go awol. Fucking chump. Not helped by Sissoko's incompetence.

Foyth - Poor game. Lost his man at the corner, gave the ball away too much.

Alderweireld - Meh

Vertonghen - Not great, should have done better with the second goal, trying to use his left instead of his right.

Rose - As ever, got forward, but the odd cross he did put in he seemed to aim for the opposite corner flag.

Sissoko - 25 completed passes in 94 minutes. Repeatedly gave the ball away under pressure. Really, really shit game. Turgid. Pub level, and if it was my pub, he wouldn't even make pot washer.

Winks - Struggled on his own in midfield, but was doing more than Sissoko, why he was subbed I have no idea.

Eriksen - Not his greatest day.

Kane - Great goal. worked hard.

Son - fucked about.

Poch - Piss poor.

Last edited:
This Shit Game we call Football

What a fucking utter pile of wank that was. That's up there with the worst games we've played under Poch. In the last three weeks we've probably played 45 minutes of decent football out of 270, the second half against Dortmund being the bacon, sandwiched between the two thick cut slices of dog shit that were Leicester and Burnley.

I didn't like the 3412 format that Poch started with, it's one CB too many and one central striker too many, leaving us desperately short of quality control in the middle of the pitch. And with Eriksen in the 10 role, he, Son and Kane were all funnelled into a very narrow congested channel. The attacking width that Rose and Aurier were supposed to provide barely materialised, and Winks struggled to play midfield all on his own as Sissoko trundled around like a baby rhino on a smack enema.

How the fuck Pochettino keeps picking Sissoko is anybodies guess. Such a terrible footballer, several times today just flapped the ball away under pressure. Today Winks was on the pitch 34 fucking minutes less than Sissoko and still managed to make 12 more passes. In 94 minutes Sissoko attempted 33 passes and managed to give 8 of them away. Second half he made 9 fucking passes. Burnley constantly threatened down our right as the fucking chuckle brothers Aurier and Sissoko played not to me, not to you.

All of the above made Poch's first sub absolutely fucking baffling. Firstly, we weren't struggling to get a foothold in this game because we lacked height in the box, or a third centre forward, we needed more control, more creativity, more craft. We had manage to build a little momentum second half, but Rose, Auier, Sissoko and Son were just bumbling about like silly cunts.

The logical choice would be to take Foyth off, who was not having a great day anyway, and by the second half was pretty moribund, drop Eriksen back, allowing him to play that 8/10 hybrid role where he can find more pockets of space, in the three man midfield type set up we've used mostly this season, and bring someone like Lamela on and go 433, outnumbering their CB's with our FB's still pushed up occupying their FB's. If he really, really had to take a midfielder off, surely take fucking Sissoko off, who was doing fuck all good, not Winks would have been the logical choice. What he did in taking Winks off, was exasperate a deficiency, made things worse not better, now we lost control of the midfield, the game got scrappy and Burnley were looking as likely as we were to get something.

His solution took out the only midfielder we had who was doing anything constructive, turned our only creative hope, Eriksen, into a shit DM just to put another useless body up top who needed to be creating for. Put simply, increased the burden to create and reduced the creative capability. It was fucking piss poor tactically.

It was another 15 minutes before he made the sub he should have made in the first place, but by then things had just got chaotic, and got even more chaotic as Poch kept desperately shoving on attacking bodies, in the end we looked like some grotesque characture of an Ardiles side.

I can't remember two games back to back as poor tactically as the last two league games, since Poch's first season. Burnley have ended up with an x/g of 1.31, ours was 91. Piss poor on both fronts.

Midfield has been our single biggest weak spot for the last 2 years. We watched Dier trundle about for chunks of it, only to be usurped now by the Sissoko aimless trundling of this season. How can he keep picking a player who is so uncomfortable under pressure in midfield, so technically inept, so devoid of game intelligence.

Individual

Lloris - OK

Aurier - Defensively piss poor, offensively inept. Hapless fucking play leading to their winner, could just nod it to Alderweireld, instead ops to kung fu kick it to them and then go awol. Fucking chump. Not helped by Sissoko's incompetence.

Foyth - Poor game. Lost his man at the corner, gave the ball away too much.

Alderweireld - Meh

Vertonghen - Not great, should have done better with the second goal, trying to use his left instead of his right.

Rose - As ever, got forward, but the odd cross he did put in he seemed to aim for the opposite corner flag.

Sissoko - 25 completed passes in 94 minutes. Repeatedly gave the ball away under pressure. Really, really shit game. Turgid. Pub level, and if it was my pub, he wouldn't even make that.

Winks - Struggled on his own in midfield, but was doing more than Sissoko, why he was subbed I have no idea.

Eriksen - Not his greatest day.

Kane - Great goal. worked hard.

Son - fucked about.

Poch - Piss poor.

Shittest MOTM award? Honestly start supporting your club man. Not a fan of this at all

Definitely a performance to forget and hopefully one we can learn from.

Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Foyth all had poor games, I thought. It was probably Alderweirelds worst game of the season, Vertonghen played his part in Burnleys second goal and Foyth had a game to forget, not going to blame him for Burnleys opener though, why on EARTH is he marking Chris Woods!?

Aurier and Rose both had average to poor games too. Not sure what went through Auriers head for the Burnley winner but there was still a lot to do for Burnley once his poor clearance was made. Rose was all over the shop positionally when Burnley were on the attack, slowed down our attacks a lot and put in awful cross after awful cross.

Sissoko probably had his worst game of the season, certainly resorted back to Sissoko of last season. Gave the ball away numerous times, also had his hand in the Burnley winner. It just wasn't the game for him, when teams are willing to sit back and defend, it never is his game. Eriksen also had a poor game, though we could be saying this every week recently (a few goals and assists aside), both of them had a hand in the Burnley winner, just piss poor. He ALWAYS steps it up against Chelsea though so I look forward to everyone praising him again in the week. A tough game for Son too, didn't get time on the ball, didn't get his shots off and seemed less involved than usual.

Kane and Winks for me were the only two players who probably leave that game with any credit (Lloris too perhaps, couldn't do much with either goal and didn't really have much to do besides that, one decent save aside) - Whilst Winks had to do the job of two men, subbing him off was a bad move. He is the only one with the ability to control games from midfield from those we had available and by taking him off, we lost any chance of controlling midfield, just look at the last 15-20 minutes when Burnley were going for it, even at 2-1 late in the game, because we lost any sort of control.

Kane hadn't looked like he'd been away at all. Good touches, great range of passing and took his goal very well, excellent first touch and finish. That'll do his confidence a world of good following so long out, two big games coming up and he's hungry for that Golden Boot.

Only bright note for me after that performance was Harry

But generally a shitshow

I really don’t get Aurier sometimes though

Apart from goals, assists, being our highest chance creator, averaging 50 passes a game he's doing fuck all for us.

Pretty much agree with the rest though.

He was definitely poor today though.

Even Sissoko made more key passes than him today!

Not to mention his part involvement in the Burnley winner which was the icing on the cake for his performance today - Eriksen in central midfield for me is fine, but he needs to have two people with him. Going to a midfield 2 of Eriksen and Sissoko was one of the worst managerial decisions I've seen Poch make in 5 years.

I will stand by my statement that Winks being on prevents that 2nd goal from even happening. He may not be Kante defensively, but he would have at least put a fucking foot in - though saying that, if we kept Winks on the game may have turned out differently anyway.

Lunchtime kickoff now deep into Saturday night the same old messages again and again, please go out get laid!!! Please!!

Not you Baz too old, go put your feet up with some cocoa old bean

Lunchtime kickoff now deep into Saturday night the same old messages again and again, please go out get laid!!! Please!!

Not you Baz too old, go put your feet up with some cocoa old bean

:dembelefingers:

I would surprise you

Cheeky cunt

: ostrich:

Everyone should hang their head in shame. Son was poor, Eriksen poor, Kane was alright. The rest of them you don’t expect a lot. Thought Rose was not as bad as people make it out to be, at least he tried despite his shit end product. He also took the throw-in that gave Harry the chance to equalize.

The manager was alright, he probably messed up the subs but I thought the formation and line-up he picked should have done the job.

An all-round awful display. Need to move on and our players to respond.

Colin-Firth-Shit.gif

Only bright note for me after that performance was Harry
But generally a shitshow
I really don’t get Aurier sometimes though
He's an odd player, isn't he? Definitely not the guy I thought we were buying, i.e. a marauding, tough tackling, pacy fb. He's so ponderous, never takes his man on, go to the byline, etc. Big disappointment for me so far...

Way too many sub-par, lifeless performers out there today. No excuse given the stakes, time-off, preparation time, etc.

Sissoko - 25 completed passes in 94 minutes. Repeatedly gave the ball away under pressure. Really, really shit game. Turgid. Pub level, and if it was my pub, he wouldn't even make that.

Well this is a surprise, you're normally such a fan.

If you did have a pub, it would only serve piss poor beer like Carlsberg, have no BT or SKY sports, the pool table would lean to one side, the darts would have no flights and the only food you'd serve would be out of date cheese and onion crisps.

He's an odd player, isn't he? Definitely not the guy I thought we were buying, i.e. a marauding, tough tackling, pacy fb. He's so ponderous, never takes his man, go to the byline, etc. Big disappointment for me so far...

This may sound a strange comment but, to me, he just isn’t instinctively a footballer

Giving away possession like he did for their 2nd goal was pathetic

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing

But all forgotten if we beat the Nazis on Wednesday

Scum

We were simply out fought by a Burnley team who wanted it more than we did.,The second goal was a clear example of that. WTF were Aurier and Vertonghen doing ? I agree that Sissoko was woeful. Aurier was even worse. Terrible signing. Eriksen may have had a good pass completion percentage but what did he create ? Son looked lost stuck out on the left after being the main man while Kane was out. Remember his great goal v Chelsea ? From the right not left. To me he always looks better cutting in from the right . And who would you rather have on the pitch when we’re going for a late goal- Son or Llorente ? Foyth looked shaky throughout. Maybe he could do a job at RB.
Credit to Winks and intermittently Kane . Nobody else really.

Didn't understand the 3 at the back idea unless he was worried by their two up front but Foyth isn't suited (yet) to deal with biffers like theirs. Also taking out an attacker in order to advance the full backs requires great delivery from them - instead we got comical delivery by two players who we know are more miss than hit when they get forward. Rose doesn't know quite what he's gonna do so neither do the forwards and Serge just isn't very good.

Also thought we looked a bit static at times, a bit off mentally, and that coupled with the tactics that didn't work properly fucked us today. Didn't understand Winks coming off, we looked worse without him and this was a bad day for Poch and ergo us. Must pick it up Wednesday, don't want to be reeled in by United and Chelsea.

Good to see Kane back, our best player today.

Well this is a surprise, you're normally such a fan.

If you did have a pub, it would only serve piss poor beer like Carlsberg, have no BT or SKY sports, the pool table would lean to one side, the darts would have no flights and the only food you'd serve would be out of date cheese and onion crisps.

And the strippers would have forgotten how to undo their bras

ps Mensa would have to demonstrate!!

Back
Top Bottom