Building the best squad - and we need what?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dedicated No.6 who is good enough to start, more consistent than Biss and helps protect our back 4. Would keep Biss for one more sesaon in hope that he regains his early season form or cops on to being a more consistent player, has been way too inconsistent to warrant a starting role.

Striker, not sure who, but Richy is another who is way too inconsistent, often has the touch of a lamppost and who I am not convinced has what it takes to improve us significatly. The problem here is we have been spoiled by HK for so many years, everything else now looks second-rate, so not sure who the answer is. Can see this not happening, with the club not willing to spend what it takes to improve significantly on Richy/Son, but we got to be at least thinking long term for Sonnys replacement.

Goal scoring, dribbling, beat a man, get the crowd off their seats winger. I think Johnson will only improve, Werner is a decent squad player but we need better starting, a Nico Williams type, a finished article and not another N'someone.

LB/RB cover, preferably one player who could cover both, otherwise two required, plenty of decent players about in the premiership, Antonee Robinson at Fulham or Ait Nouri at Wolves? Both good enough to compete for starting positions.

A Maddison alternative or an addition to the middle with creativity, especially if Lo Celso likely moves on in the summer. Eze's name comes up a lot, but I find it hard to believe Levy with get into a haggling match with big clubs, more likely we see a cheaper version/option. Would not be against trying to get Jared Bowen out of West Ham, scores and creates loads, unlikely though. Presume we will move on PEH and possibly Skipp, keeping Bentantcur, who has to be given more time to get back to his pre-injury form. A lot of specualtion around chelseas Gallagher, can only presume Ange wants him?

Presume we will try move on likes of Sess, Ndombele , Rodon etc, making room for Bergvail and promotions from our youth, but are any of these ready for premiership level?
Finally, if Forster fails to return or is deemed past it, we also need a good sub keeper.

A lot to do and only hope we do not try do it all and spread the butter too thin, might be better covering a few of the positions with real quality and addressing other issues down the line? I do not believe there is a war chest, it has always proved to be fictional in the past and Levy is a leopard who certainly will not change his spots.

Levy needs to get his wallet out
giphy.gif

5Dio5_.gif

Agree on Gyokeres.
With the striker talent coming through from the academy, that would put pressure to see results from him.

But the main thing we need is a top quality No. 6. Not sure who.
Would be ok to hold the 6 and see if we can find a solution. Benta will be a diff player next season

I hope posters see what I meant now by starting this thread.

We got to find 3 or 4 players in the summer.

No manager can compensate for a lack of quality.

Much as I also think there needs to also be more coherence within how we play, some of that happens naturally with personnel change..

Still 5 games to study this team but right now I'm thinking in an ideal world.

Goalkeeper (young backup, europa. possibly competition. Vicario needs to drastically improve on set plays)

Pacey Cover for vdv

Competition rotation for both porro and udogie

* A number six. The most important signing.

Competition for maddison

CF
WF

8 players that's probably another 2 summer windows

Back
Top Bottom