Bruno Uvini - err I thought the window was closed?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The one thing I don't understand is if he's in on loan how can he be ineligible to play for the first team?

Or is it just a trial period with a move already agreed? Few conflicting reports, some say a trial whereas others (like The Mirror) reckon we've wrapped up a £3.1m deal and this is just 3 months for getting used to England..

Sounds like a trial with intent to make permanent. A trial isn't going to help him get used to England. He needs premiership football. They'll have a few months to scope him out but it kinda sounds like we've already made our decision. My money is on him going on next season to a promoted team.

He struggled a bit last season after a great tournament in the summer. Could be a good time to pick him up while his stock has dipped a little.

Abbey Yid said:
The one thing I don't understand is if he's in on loan how can he be ineligible to play for the first team?

Or is it just a trial period with a move already agreed? Few conflicting reports, some say a trial whereas others (like The Mirror) reckon we've wrapped up a £3.1m deal and this is just 3 months for getting used to England..

It was too late to put him into the 25 man PL squad. I reckon he's ours but obviously we can't officially sign him until the next window opens.

ArtyB said:
It was too late to put him into the 25 man PL squad. I reckon he's ours but obviously we can't officially sign him until the next window opens.
What I don't understand, however, is that U21s don't need to go on the Squad List, which is why we can have people like Lancaster, etc., showing up on our bench. So it can't be as simple as that.

Instead, I think it's as simple as "the transfer window is closed". M.1 of the PL Handbook:

1. “Transfer Windows” means the 2 periods in a year during which, subject to Rule M.4, a Club
may apply for the New Registration of a player or to have the registration of a player transferred to it or for a Temporary Transfer.
In this case, according to the PL, we do not actually have Uvini "registered". So it's not that he's not on our 25-man list in time. It's that he's not registered in time. In this case, I'm not sure the transaction can even be called a "loan" (or, in PLese, a "Temporary Transfer")

Outside the window, we have to appeal to the board for the transfer of a registration.

Just because newspapers are going on about the 25-man squad list doesn't mean it is actually important. Again, his status as a U21 makes the question of the squad list completely irrelevant. Rule L.1:

1. A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration with
effect from at least one hour before kick off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the First Transfer Window and the end of the Season either:
1.1 his name is included on the Squad List; or
1.2 he is an Under 21 Player.

Éperons said:
ArtyB said:
What I don't understand, however, is that U21s don't need to go on the Squad List, which is why we can have people like Lancaster, etc., showing up on our bench. So it can't be as simple as that.

Instead, I think it's as simple as "the transfer window is closed". M.1 of the PL Handbook:

1. “Transfer Windows” means the 2 periods in a year during which, subject to Rule M.4, a Club
may apply for the New Registration of a player or to have the registration of a player transferred to it or for a Temporary Transfer.
In this case, according to the PL, we do not actually have Uvini "registered". So it's not that he's not on our 25-man list in time. It's that he's not registered in time. In this case, I'm not sure the transaction can even be called a "loan" (or, in PLese, a "Temporary Transfer")

Outside the window, we have to appeal to the board for the transfer of a registration.

Just because newspapers are going on about the 25-man squad list doesn't mean it is actually important. Again, his status as a U21 makes the question of the squad list completely irrelevant. Rule L.1:

1. A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration with
effect from at least one hour before kick off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the First Transfer Window and the end of the Season either:
1.1 his name is included on the Squad List; or
1.2 he is an Under 21 Player.

What he said then...

ArtyB said:
What he said then...
Well, I'm no expert. I just play FM and read the PL Handbook. I get annoyed when news outlets repeat roster rules that I find no record of in the Handbook, since I then get confused. For example, how many loans a club can have seems to be clearly stated in the Handbook: 4 total, but only 2 at once. Yet I read quotes about 3, etc. Similarly, not a single breath is wasted in the Handbook about recalling loans. As a result, any recall terms are individually negotiated on a per-loan basis. Yet then I read about the "rules" regarding recalls. I eagerly await being told, with proof, that I am wrong about anything (and how).

Anyway, I imagine that the situation with Uvini is basically how it's being portrayed: we are probably going to buy him for the fall, but it's not like there is competitive football in Brazil now. Better get him up north before something bad happens during Carnaval.

You can appeal to have a loan player registered outside of the transfer window but this is designed to deal with "emergency" situations, almost exclusively relating to goalkeepers. See the Fulop to Man City loan at the end of the 09/10 season.

The chances of us getting an "emergency" loan as this 20 year old is quite tasty and we'd like him available are equal to my chances of coming on in this years cup final to score a glorious last minute winner against the scum. Would be lovely, but not going to happen. U21's don't have to be on the squad list but his registration does need to be transferred and that is what won't happen.

I haven't read anything anywhere else but judging on what's in this thread we're basically talking about a trial or we've agreed a pre-contract and he's coming over to bed in before the deal is completed.

Blanchflower said:
stickygerbil said:
Blanchflower said:
Just seems to me like we are getting a Brazlian pal for Sandro and as Gomes is leaving in the summer

Plus Gio... :gio:

Not sure it's wise to encourage any of our players to become matey with him! :beer:

By that I meant, like Gomes, he is probably off in the summer too. So Sandro would be the only Brazilian left... and we can't let him get lonely!

This signing is likely a similar situation to what Newcastle have done for Ba... bring his best mate in to secure his future with the club

Back
Top Bottom