Brum or Leeds, Who do you want to win tonight?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good news (possibly), Americans without expensive cable packages. Looks like ESPN is going to be showing our match against Leeds.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature/_/id/675092/premier-league---live-on-espn?cc=5901

(I'm slightly confused because it says "up to 25 FA Cup games live and exclusive in the United Kingdom," but this is the US ESPN website, so presumably they're just reiterating for the thickest among us that the matches are taking place in the UK? :gallashmm: )

Good news (possibly), Americans without expensive cable packages. Looks like ESPN is going to be showing our match against Leeds.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature/_/id/675092/premier-league---live-on-espn?cc=5901

(I'm slightly confused because it says "up to 25 FA Cup games live and exclusive in the United Kingdom," but this is the US ESPN website, so presumably they're just reiterating for the thickest among us that the matches are taking place in the UK? :gallashmm: )

ESPN have the rights to the FA Cup this year so chances are they will show this match as it will get a high viewer rating. Tottenham was the only Premier League cup not to have their Round 3 fixture shown on ESPN, so no doubt Levy and the powers that be will ensure it happens this time...

The whole issue of 'plastic' fans is a load of shit that people come up with to try to prove that their support is more valid than someone else's. A Man City fan (from Manchester) that started 'supporting' the club after they won the Premier League is far more of a platic fan than an Australian Spurs fan who stays up until 3am in the morning to watch Ramos' side get 2 points from the first 8 games of the season.

For the record - I have never lived in London.

That is a very good point... I think that 'when' you started to support a club (and why for that matter) probably have a bearing on where you live... despite my earlier post!
A Manc Man City fan that still has the tag on their pristine scarf is no-one to preach loyalty over someone who may have never been to a game - due to location, but has invested time, a broadband connection, lost sleep, and numerous ruined weekends down the years 'following' their team from afar.

I stand corrected!

I think when you began your support matters more, not to mention what division your team was in when you started supporting them (Old Div.2 1978 for me)... there must be thousands of Man City fans currently living the dream, who remember where they were when Paul Dickov scored against Gillingham at Wembley to get them out of (the old) Div.3! You can't argue that those there that day have certainly 'put in the hours' and more than been rewarded for their loyalty today....

I often think that football fans are also divided (and defined) between those who's first LIVE match was a win - and those who witnessed a defeat, but still came back for more... I am very much on the side of the latter, after a 3-1 thumping at home to (then Champions) Villa back in 1981... and yet here I still am!

...and for the record, I'd assumed you lived on Park Lane, James!!!!

I'm weighting up whether or not, not to go!
I have never felt like this before a game? I'd usually just book the trains buy the ticket and go, why am I nervous, it's not 1984, I'm not going to get caught up in nawty occurrences.
You'll be fine. What's a punch in the face anyway? It doesn't hurt as much as people make out :troll:

they're harmless really; if you're worried I'll genuinely chaperone you, people don't fuck with me around here - I'm a pretty big deal.

tumblr_lyhei8ph0e1qbxcd1o1_500.gif

Just checked train prices from london to Leeds - £64 with a railcard. And I have to travel up from Portsmouth. And I have to get the underground. Gonna give this one a miss for sure! I said that I wouldn't go earlier, but the temptation made me look again!

Just checked train prices from london to Leeds - £64 with a railcard. And I have to travel up from Portsmouth. And I have to get the underground. Gonna give this one a miss for sure! I said that I wouldn't go earlier, but the temptation made me look again!

I've been hit before, don't fancy it again! Haha, my posts have made me sound like a melt!

I've been hit before, don't fancy it again! Haha, my posts have made me sound like a melt!
Don't worry about it mate, better being honest rather than acting like a big man ay. You'll be alright up in Leeds, as you say it's not the 80s anymore. If you want trouble you'll find it easily, if act mature etc you'll be alright.

I'd love to go, if only I had a full-time job!

People who keep saying it's a walk from the station to the ground isn't there a metro/shuttle/bus? Nevill_H Nevill_H Román Dylan Román Dylan
There's buses on match days from Sovereign Street which is near the train station- never caught it myself though. Also I know you can get the no.1 bus and then it's a short walk from the coop that's there- but again never done it.
It's not a horrible walk to be honest, Taxi's cost fuck all up here to so that's worth it if you want less complications- diamond galaxy is the cheapest: 0113 234 6633

People who keep saying it's a walk from the station to the ground isn't there a metro/shuttle/bus? Nevill_H Nevill_H Román Dylan Román Dylan

There's buses on match days from Sovereign Street which is near the train station- never caught it myself though. Also I know you can get the no.1 bus and then it's a short walk from the coop that's there- but again never done it.
It's not a horrible walk to be honest, Taxi's cost fuck all up here to so that's worth it if you want less complications- diamond galaxy is the cheapest: 0113 234 6633

usually just the home fans I see getting on that to be honest mate, I work on that road so I wouldn't fancy it myself - like the boy says, Taxi's a good shout if you cba walking, there's a black+white rank outside the station and they don't cost gold bullion like they do in London either.

Back
Top Bottom